fbpx

Summer 2010 Swap Complete!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Summer 2010 Swap Complete!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    Crimson Vision
    Participant

DragonCat wrote:

Umm… wow… 😳 thank you! πŸ˜€

πŸ˜€ Please let us know when it reaches you safely!

Bodine
      Participant

I love the green mosaic lamp,very nice πŸ™‚
        All the goodies make me sorry I couldn’t join this one,maybe the next… πŸ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Jasmine
        Participant

Thanks so much Siberakh1!!!!!! I totally love all the goodies!! First she managed to find a copy of The Winter Child by Wendy Froud and Terri Windling, it’s out of print and I’ve been searching for it, not to mention 2 other books off my wish list. And 5 DVD’s I’ve been meaning to buy. I can see I’m going to be watching movies for the next couple of nights. πŸ˜€ (I’m hiding the chocolate from hubby now 😳 ) And the 2 egyptian perfume bottles that fit perfectly into my collection!!

The 3-D tiger card is awesome!!

It’s all perfect, thanks so much hun!! :yes:

siberakh1
          Participant

Oh excellent! I’m glad everything arrived safely (the bulk Frosted Flakes cereal box came in handy 😳 ). I have an Egyptian store near me, so I lucked out there and got there right when the store owner got new stock in. I kind of got carried away on the DVDs 😳 *hehe*). The card was a lucky find at the art store I went to for some pastels to blush my ball-joint doll.

The out of print books were what I was waiting on (now I want a copy of The Winter Child. I’m more familiar with her husband’s work. I didn’t know she wrote anything. I’ve been meaning to order Brian Froud’s Strange Stains and Interesting Smells). I was a little disappointed that the Demon in Me book had a tear in it, but I didn’t have a chance to replace it (it could have been from the manufacturer or the seller… I bought a paperback with a similar defect from a store new before), but it was readable. Wouldn’t you know, the 4th book I ordered that didn’t arrive in time came in 2 days after your package was mailed too, but I want to read it to (Keeper of the King btw… Nigel Bennett! I love Forever Knight! I never knew he wrote anything. Gotta love Lacroix 8) ). So, that will be on its way to you next week. I love hunting down old and oop books. πŸ˜€ It’s good to know I’m not the only book fiend around (though admittedly, a good bit of my collection consists of rpg gaming books 😳 ).

I’m glad you like your package. πŸ™‚

Mmloda
            Participant

That 3D Tiger card is awsome…I have never seen anything like that before… πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Marzena

Apari
              Participant

Awesome gifts guys n gals. πŸ™‚

darjeb
                Participant

Mine arrived today and it’s from Leigha. Thanks Leigha She sent me 2 books, 2 pkgs of CHOCOLATE (Godiva no less) which I have already started on, some little gold disks from her dragon hoard they are really cute and last but not least two toys for my new dog Spanky and he loves them I was taking the packaging off of them and he got up on his hind legs and put his paws on my arm and tried to take one of them from me. I included a picture of him with his new toys. That was very thoughtful of you Leigha to think of him I appreciate it very much.

Leigha
                  Participant

Wow, that box got to you fast, I shipped it kinda late on Monday

I’m glad you like everything and I’m glad Spanky likes his toys; of course the newest baby in your family had to get a toy πŸ˜€

I used to read those types of romance novels when I was in middle school (my mom read them, and she didn’t care what I read as long as I read) and then got into reading fantasy/scifi in highschool, but while I was picking out the latest ones for you, I found one that interested me….now I’m back into reading romance novels >.< you got me hooked again! I went to the library and picked up two yesterday and read them both already.

Jasmine
                    Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Oh excellent! I’m glad everything arrived safely (the bulk Frosted Flakes cereal box came in handy 😳 ). I have an Egyptian store near me, so I lucked out there and got there right when the store owner got new stock in. I kind of got carried away on the DVDs 😳 *hehe*). The card was a lucky find at the art store I went to for some pastels to blush my ball-joint doll.

The out of print books were what I was waiting on (now I want a copy of The Winter Child. I’m more familiar with her husband’s work. I didn’t know she wrote anything. I’ve been meaning to order Brian Froud’s Strange Stains and Interesting Smells). I was a little disappointed that the Demon in Me book had a tear in it, but I didn’t have a chance to replace it (it could have been from the manufacturer or the seller… I bought a paperback with a similar defect from a store new before), but it was readable. Wouldn’t you know, the 4th book I ordered that didn’t arrive in time came in 2 days after your package was mailed too, but I want to read it to (Keeper of the King btw… Nigel Bennett! I love Forever Knight! I never knew he wrote anything. Gotta love Lacroix 8) ). So, that will be on its way to you next week. I love hunting down old and oop books. πŸ˜€ It’s good to know I’m not the only book fiend around (though admittedly, a good bit of my collection consists of rpg gaming books 😳 ).

I’m glad you like your package. πŸ™‚

Wendy Froud also makes the most amazing dolls. I have the Night Fairy, still looking for the Day Fairy but it’s going for at least $300…And The Demon In Me is still readable so it’s all good!! πŸ˜€ Thanks again hun!!

Katherine
                      Participant

I am still waiting for mine! I hope it gets here soon! 8) All of the gifts are awesome, and Crimson, that was super nice of you to ship a new candle holder!!

Yay, I got my package!!! Thank you ghostdragon, that was very thoughtful!! She sent me a pretty handmade card, a sixpack of Godiva chocolates, a bar of handmade soap that smells wonderful, a “form of the feminine spirit “wisdom” and a beautiful cookbook called Southern Living! I still can’t post pictures yet but I am very thankful for the gifts!!! I have already identified several recipes that I want to try and the “wisdom” fits very well in my office(where I need all the wisdom I can get!!! πŸ˜€ )I put the soap in my file drawer, so every time I open it, I can smell the lovely scent! I LOVE Godiva chocolates!! (These got heat damaged, but they are still good! :yum: ) Thank you so much!
                        Congratulations on your new kitties! I think it’s grand that you were able to adopt 2 of them. I haven’t had kitties since my two died at age 19, 3 years ago. So now I get my kitty fix with the neighbor’s cat when I can. They look like they will be a lot of fun!!
                        Thank you again! drgnlvr aka Margaret

Rachel
                        Participant

Oh, I’m so glad you got your stuff, drgnlvr! I was worried. And I hoped that the chocolate wouldn’t get heat damaged….ah well. It was plenty cool enough here, but no so much there, apparently. You were a hard one to shop for. But I’m glad you like what I got you!

Katherine
                          Participant

Yay!! I got my gift!!! It’s from Dragoncat, and it is perfect! I will post pics in a second, but She got me a box of Tazo tea (I LOVE that tea, but I can never find it), and she got my a beautiful red mug to go with it, and then she got me three books by Charlaine Harris-the True Blood books! I LOVE that series, and I have always wanted to get back into reading, so this is a great opportunity to! Once I get a chance to, I will settle down and try to tackle it! Dragoncat-thank you so much!!!!!

Oh, and it was awesome when I saw the letter because Dragoncat stamped a wax seal onto the letter, and I thought that was awesome! Click on the images to make them larger. πŸ™‚

Hooray! I can stop worrying now that you got it. πŸ˜€ I’m glad you like it, it was kind of hard to try finding things for you. Enjoy a good day of reading! 8)

Katherine
                            Participant

DragonCat wrote:

Hooray! I can stop worrying now that you got it. πŸ˜€ I’m glad you like it, it was kind of hard to try finding things for you. Enjoy a good day of reading! 8)

I am sorry it was hard. You nailed it right on the spot though!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 243 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.