fbpx

Summer 2010 Swap Complete!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Summer 2010 Swap Complete!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    Crimson Vision
    Participant

Crimson Vision
      Participant

It’s time for the next round of goodies to go out! πŸ™‚ Here is the information on the Summer 2010 Gift Swap!

I have changed some of the information & questions (well just one but still) so please read it through & send your current answers!

What it is: If you enlist, your name gets thrown into a hat. You will receive the name of one person, and someone else will receive your name. Your goal is to put together a small care package for that person. Letters, candles, incense, chocolate, bath goodies, foodie goods, craft-store finds, etc. Something nice to brighten his or her day. You might even get a new friend out of the deal.

Timeline:
        April 1st, 2010 — Sign-ups open
        April 30th, 2010 — Sign-ups close
        May 1st, 2010 — Swapper notifications
        May 15th, 2010 — The last day to notify me of a back-up need
        June 1st, 2010 — Last Day to put packages in the mail

General Guidelines:
        All US domestic packages *MUST* have shipping confirmation/a tracking number.
        — It is suggested you include at least 3 items in your package if you are geting smaller gifts; if you wish to send one large item that is fine too.
        — General price range will be $25 – $35 total spent on gift items, though if you’d like to invest more, that’s fine. And $25 is not a mandatory minimum that you have to spend– if you’re good at crafts or you have a knack for finding thrift store treasures, that’s cool, too.
        — Please, please, do not ask to participate if you are unsure about your ability to follow through on your end. Yes, there are generous people who have and will throw together back-up packages so that no one gets left out. No, that does not mean that it’s okay to flake. Please note: May 15th is the absolute last date to tell me that you need to bow out.

Got it? Good! πŸ™‚

To participate, please fill out this questionnaire and send it to Traci at CrimsonVision dot net (please make sure to type out my email the correct way rather than just copying and pasting; trying to avoid spammers!), with the subject line “Windstone Summer 2010 Gift Swap”

Windstone Forum Name:
        Full Name:
        Email Address:
        Mailing Address:

Are you familiar with putting the required delivery confirmation on packages within the US?:

Pets:
        Spiritual orientation (or godless heathen?):
        Favorite Holiday:

Favorite Windstone sculpt:
        Favorite Windstone coloring:
        Favorite Windstone line: (Dragons, Unicorns, Griffins…)
        Favorite animal (in general):
        Do you have a Windstone ‘Wishlist’? If so, what is it?:

Hair type:
        Skin Type:
        Allergies:
        Other things to avoid:
        Favorite bath/beauty products:
        Do you have a bathtub and/or do you like to take baths?:
        Favorite bath/beauty stores, online or otherwise:

Scents/notes/types of smells that you prefer:
        Scents/notes/types of smells that you don’t like:

Do you burn candles/incense?:
        Do you have a wax tart burner or a scented oil warmer?:
        If not, would you want one?:

Clothing Style:
        T-shirt size and preference (standard, babydoll, tank, cami, etc):
        Favorite online stores:
        Favorite stores in general:

Favorite colors:
        Style/home decoration style:
        Things you collect (aside from Windstones):
        Favorite music/artists:
        Least favorite music:
        Vegetarian/Vegan?:
        Other food restrictions:
        Favorite foods/drinks/snacks:

Favorite authors/genres:
        Least favorite authors/genres:
        Books/authors you’d like to read, but haven’t yet:

Jewelry – gold-tone or silver-tone? Do you have any allergies to metal?
        Pierced ears, stretched ears, neither?
        Ring/wrist/collar size:
        Favorite gemstones:

Magazines you subscribe to:
        Magazines you like, but don’t subscribe to:

Favorite movies:
        Favorite TV shows:

Hobbies/crafts done:
        Do you like/collect any homemade crafts/art?-
        Wish lists (amazon.com, etc):
        Organizations/Causes/Activities (Things you belong to or causes you believe in):

What things do you like to do to relax?

Is there anything else your swapper should know?

* If there are questions you don’t feel comfortable answering, feel free to omit them.

I will assign swappers/swappees and mail you your recipient’s questionnaire. I will also keep a list of swappers/swapees, so if someone doesn’t send their package, I’ll know, and will find some way to compensate.

Everybody, have fun!

machineguts
        Participant

Woot! πŸ˜€

Bob

I will but I need to pay my phone bill to get my internet back at home.
            I keep robbing Peter to pay Paul so one gets missed or forgotten and that was this months forgotten bill
            I also had to put new rims an tires (1 tires left) on the car which REALLY hit the budget

yaay!

Tyrrlin
            Participant

Woot!

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Crimson Vision
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I keep robbing Peter to pay Paul so one gets missed or forgotten and that was this months forgotten bill
                I also had to put new rims an tires (1 tires left) on the car which REALLY hit the budget

DM real life is more important that a gift swap; don’t stretch yourself thin over this! There will be another one in 3 months!

Rachel
                Participant

Whee!

Unfortunately some major purchases lately and in the near future (think a new TV, paying Crimson for a dress commission, and possibly a new apartment) mean that I am overly stretched right now as it is. I shall watch and see the goodies this time! Maybe in 3 months!

Everyone else have fun! I love shopping for people on here – it’s great fun and I hope to do it again next time!

Katherine
                  Participant

Woot! I won’t sign up as of yet, but I will later to make sure I have the funds! πŸ™‚

Bob

Crimson Vision wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

DM real life is more important that a gift swap; don’t stretch yourself thin over this! There will be another one in 3 months!
                      I’ll be fine I’m sure just a little short since I had to get new rims and tires for the car (about $700 so far) that I was not prepared to get at this time. I should be back up and running by the 15th at the latest
                      I’m working some OT here and there too AND I got a 4th day back at my 2nd job too

I might (emphasis on might) be able to if I can come up with some extra money… I will sign up anyways and maybe get things straightened out before the ‘there’s-no-way-I-can-do-this’ date. I πŸ‘Ώ not being able to do anything. Especially since i’m still a senior in high school. :shout:

Skigod377
                      Participant

If I could get to a post office I could do it, but its just not possible. πŸ™ Maybe next one! Or the one after that. I’ll be home by then!

Mmloda
                        Participant

YAY..I’m in…I’ll try to get through the questions tomorrow and get the answers to you…. πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Jasmine
                          Participant

Sent you my form last night. Or very early this morning, depending on how you look at it πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 243 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.