fbpx

StormDancer's PYO's Updated 5/23/16

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone StormDancer's PYO's Updated 5/23/16

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

She’s very pretty! Nice work!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
      Participant

Thanks guys. I always appreciate your comments!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Stormbreeze
        Participant

Breathtaking! She really does resemble her namesake stone.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Ooh! …I love the color combo! That Kirin would look great with dark blue semi-metallic colored eyes. The shimmer will compliment it’s pearly scales!

dragonmedley
          Participant

She looks awesome!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
            Participant

I love this Forum! Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your feedback!

Dreaming Tree Studio, I just wanted to let you know that I used the 5mm eyes that the hippocampus comes with for mine and they fit perfectly. I had no problems getting them to fit even with 4 coats of varnish on before I glued them in.

Looking for:

I love this Forum! Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your feedback!

Dreaming Tree Studio, I just wanted to let you know that I used the 5mm eyes that the hippocampus comes with for mine and they fit perfectly. I had no problems getting them to fit even with 4 coats of varnish on before I glued them in.

Okay…so they do take the 5’s then….My Hipp hasn’t arrived yet, so I was still guessing based on other peoples experiences. I will update this info. Thanks!

StormDancer
              Participant

Okay…so they do take the 5’s then….My Hipp hasn’t arrived yet, so I was still guessing based on other peoples experiences. I will update this info. Thanks!

I’m sure the 4’s work great too as some have stated. But I know I had no issues. I just got another in and it has the 5mm eyes as well and they fit great.
                I can’t wait to see how you paint yours. I love seeing everyones work!

Looking for:

That’s a pretty purple one.

Pam

Hippocampi have 4mm eyes. The store description is incorrect. I will fix this. Our 5mm eyes should not fit..

StormDancer
                  Participant

Hippocampi have 4mm eyes. The store description is incorrect. I will fix this. Our 5mm eyes should not fit..

Thank you!

Looking for:

StormDancer
                    Participant

This pretty, work in progress Ki-Rin I am probably going to be keeping, once I finish tweaking a few fine details. I am waiting on some different eyes to come in for her. Dark eyes with a hit of tan brown in the very centers.
                      I have decided trying to take pictures of anything in metallic silver is almost impossible!
                      I will get better photos once I have her permanent eyes. But here they are…

photo 20160117_155718_resized_zpsz6xym22p.jpg

photo 20160124_092103_resized_zpsjc1mfnrp.jpg

photo 20160130_105303_resized_zpsyblyxkay.jpg

photo 20160130_105331_resized_zps2pvxm0fw.jpg

photo 20160130_105143_resized_zps7odau6bh.jpg

Looking for:

Amstaff
                      Participant

Oh wow, that kirin is awesome, I really like that silver look. Great idea:)

StormDancer
                        Participant

Thank you, but I can’t take credit for the color scheme idea. I fell in love with the silver ki-rin on the Christmas card. I still need to make some changes to her but I’ve got a few weeks before the eyes come in too. So I’m tweaking her color a bit every day still.

Looking for:

Adaneth
                          Participant

Wow! That Kirin is gorgeous! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 114 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.