Stepping Away For A While

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Stepping Away For A While

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I decided to post this in the Repair Section since that seems to be when most folks are looking for me nowadays.

After mulling over it for… honestly probably over a year now, I’ve decided to step away from Windstones for a while… perhaps even indefinitely. I’m really not sure.

I am unsure at this point if I will be selling my collection of 600-700 pieces as of yet… we’ll wait and see how I feel in a few months and maybe this will pass. To make a long story short I have been battling with a deep depression for the past several years and collecting just doesn’t bring me the joy it used to and more often then not has actually be making things far worse. This is in no way a slight against Windstone or any of the forum members or community in any way shape or form. I just can’t keep up with the stress, competitive direction, or the costs entailed in getting pieces I want anymore and think I need a good long break from the chaos for a while for my mind to reset. It may sound silly to a lot of you, but at one time I had a dream to move to Oregon and work at the factory full time and as time passes more and more and I realize that dream is not going to happen my collection becomes more of a source of heartache and I find myself packing more and more sculptures away and enjoying them less and less.

I will still continue to be your repair person and any repairs I currently have (only two) will still of course be finished and returned as the normal routine. I have been a part of this forum since it began so I don’t think I will disappear completely, however I will be limiting my new repair projects so I can start to develop some other hobbies of mine and take my mind off of whatever this is that is making me dislike collecting. (something I have been doing since I was only 12 years old) I am hoping by the time I reopen for repairs in the Spring things will be back to normal. The holidays are always rough for me because I don’t have much family, and the small bit I do have is not very understanding of my lifestyle choices. I didn’t know being a self sustaining shut in with 7 cats and a giant sculpture collection who watches anime and dresses up in costumes for fun was so bad, but apparently it is. LOL

If you need me please PM me and I will give you my email address. I will check my PMs periodically, but email is the best way to get a faster response from me. Facebook Messenger also works. I am on most, if not all of the Windstone related communities.

Please have patience with me as I move through this transition. I’m sorry if I have been a whiny grump or otherwise a downer. I haven’t posted very much for the past year for this very reason that I don’t seem to have anything positive to say these days and I plan to take this break to work on myself. Thank you and I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
      Participant

You will be missed but take care of yourself and get better.I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your current life choices but I do hope your heart gets lightened.Be well🌅

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

merrillannwhite
        Participant

I agree with Bodine. Also, sometimes it is good to narrow things down to the basics so that you can refocus on what is important to you and give your mind time to rest. If you need to vent feel free to pm me. Feel better soon.

Scathach
          Participant

Take care of yourself. Feel free to reach out via email or facebook messenger if you’d like to.
            Hugs

Life is beautiful.

tig3r06
            Participant

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I’ll try to check in on you every once in awhile and feel free to reach out to me also. 💞

Landipan
              Participant

I hope things get easier for you, sometimes it is a really good idea to step away and take a breather. Maybe explore other things for awhile and by the time you come back around to your collecting you’ll feel so refreshed.

Wishing you the very best of luck and happiness this Christmas and for the New Year! *hugs*

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

fatalbeauty
                Participant

hope you start feeling better soon, sometimes it helps to take a break then things get better…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Taking a break is never a bad thing, especially when you feel overwhelmed by life or circumstances. Wishing you all the best and hoping that you are successful in refocusing and reclaiming a stress-free life and mind.
                    Everyone here will miss you, but I believe everyone can relate to this at one level or another.
                    God Bless.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Zeppard Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
                    Participant

Wishing you the very best in all that you do and hoping that life soon gets better. As the others have stated we are here for you.
                      Sending you thoughts of joy and healing.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Natasha
                      Participant

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with these issues, and that your family is dismissive of your life choices. It’s really painful when you feel isolated like that, and people can make it worse when they disparage the things that DO bring you a little joy. I know the holidays are incredibly tough on everyone, and even more so with the issues you are dealing with. Please know that it’s OK to do what you need to take care of yourself. Step away, be nice to yourself, etc. As for your gorgeous collection, can you either box it up, or drape it with a sheet so it’s hidden from view? It might be nice to live without seeing it for awhile, and see if you can recapture the joy you once felt if you take a physical break form it. You might be surprised how nice it is to reconnect with them – or you might not feel the same fondness. Either way, it will help you decide what to do. I hope you manage to have a happy holiday despite everything. Hugs!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

So sorry you are going thru this….
                          Hopefully taking a break away will help…
                          I feel no one has a right to pass judgement on anyone’s lifestyle, choices, etc.,
                          If I can help you in any way, please email or PM me; this I mean from my heart, Drag0nfeathers.
                          Since I just had my Lt.total hip replacement surgery 13 days ago; I have lots of time to text or chat if you wish.
                          Saying prayers and sending you positive energy and healing energy to you.
                          Warmest Hugs,

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

So sorry you are going thru this….
                            Hopefully taking a break away will help…
                            I feel no one has a right to pass judgement on anyone’s lifestyle, choices etc…
                            If I can help you in any way, please email or PM me; this I mean from my heart, Drag0nfeathers.
                            Since I just had my Lt.total hip replacement surgery 13 days ago; I have lots of time to text or chat if you wish.
                            Saying prayers and sending you positive energy and healing energy to you.
                            Warmest Hugs,

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Big hugs, Mandy!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

GardenNinja
                              Participant

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this. Have a hug (()).

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Mary
                                Participant

Sorry to hear that you’re going through this, and we’ll miss you here. Often taking a break from things that aren’t feeling right helps to put things in perspective and get our lives back in balance. And, I’ve found walks through Nature help to achieve balance in ourselves. Nothing compares with wondering at the awesome beauty of Nature and all its creations like mountains, woods, plants & critters (large and small). Hope you find peace! And, always remember, you have a support group here for you on the Forum. Hugs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.