fbpx

Spring 2014 SWAP – Interested?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Spring 2014 SWAP – Interested?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I’m in theme or not,doesn’t matter to me personally. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Falcolf
      Participant

Is ‘derpy kitty griffin’ going to be the official name haha? I’m really excited for these new sculpts!

I won’t be getting in on this one, I can’t afford to get any new blank PYOs until the current one I can have my current one sold or traded away. 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Lesley
        Participant

If that stays the name, I am so buying one, even though I have yet to paint the Keeper I got ages ago….

Would this be mayday ish of spring-y?

kinda like and easter egg?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Zloy720
          Participant

96037 – Yep! Looks like a great example to me of a spring theme!

I suggested a theme for this swap just because when you think spring & may day you think flowers, easter, & other bright & cheery type things that make you smile & feel good right? Spring to me kind of represents new beginnings & hopeful things, so I figured it would be a real feel good type thing to paint…

But it looks like DM is high jacking my swap idea & she said “no theme” when someone asked a few comments ago, despite my starting suggestion. So I guess if she’s taking the swap over she can run it however she wants again & So it seems you will be free to paint whatever. *shrug, oh well* still looking forward to it…

Adaneth
            Participant

That’s carry-over from last fall’s swap. It was the first ‘themed’ swap, and the general consensus appeared to be that one themed and one non-themed swap a year would be the happiest combination for a lot of folks.

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/next-pyo-swap

Of course people can change their minds, but I know there’s folks who would rather not have all the swaps be themed ones. 🙂

dragonmedley
              Participant

I suggested a theme for this swap just because when you think spring & may day you think flowers, easter, & other bright & cheery type things that make you smile & feel good right? Spring to me kind of represents new beginnings & hopeful things, so I figured it would be a real feel good type thing to paint…

But it looks like DM is high jacking my swap idea & she said “no theme” when someone asked a few comments ago, despite my starting suggestion. So I guess if she’s taking the swap over she can run it however she wants again & So it seems you will be free to paint whatever. *shrug, oh well* still looking forward to it…

Sorry, I misunderstood… If you want to organize a swap, by all means! 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Prezaurian
                Participant

Ah, I’m sorry if I caused any problems with my question about if there would be a theme or not. As the last swap was my very first one, I did not know if it was the same person who organized them every time or if it was a particular group of individuals working together. I’m sorry if I instigated any drama in the way I phrased my question.

So, let me ask a different question instead. Who would like to organize the swap? I understand if dragonmedley organized it, that the formula would be an alternation between theme and no theme. The last one was themed so this one would be no theme. And if zloy720 organizes it, it would likely have a theme (‘May day’/spring).

When the decision is made I’ll decide what to do. I would honestly prefer no theme (but that’s the decision of the organizer). Because the person you paint for is able to have a larger field to choose from in paint schemes. But I understand having a theme can inspire ideas too.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I’ve been running the PYO swaps since 2006-07 (I think…), and typically, we have 2 per year. When Windstone moved, we had a hiatus, as the PYO stock came to be depleted before they could solve the gypsum issues, but we’ve been pretty much on the dot in the spring and the fall.

I’ll be starting the next one in April, with a ship date some time in June. Last fall was the first time we had a theme – it worked out ok, but it was a trial.

If ya’ll want to have themed swaps, a good solution would be for other members to run those, and I would run the regular bi-annual swaps.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I’m interested in a swap (theme or none).

Bodine
                    Participant

You know I’m in DM.Bring it! 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Kujacker
                      Participant

I know I’m not around here often, but I’m in for a non-themed swap. I sat the last swap out, first time, because of the whole theme thing.

I’ve been waiting for the male shishi dog, so I’m happy to here that he’s close to being completed. In fact, checking to see if he was done was the only reason I came on here tonight. (also happy to see the pyo oriental dragon is in the works)

Hi everyone :p

Chloe
                        Participant

I missed the last swap, so I would definitely love to be “in” on another one. 🙂 I want to paint a purple, orange, yellow and pink…..something…. :D.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.