fbpx

"Spirit Wolf" EVERYONE PLEASE read! I NEED advice

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Spirit Wolf" EVERYONE PLEASE read! I NEED advice

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Thanks, Pegasi, that really helped! I didnt know that was there.

I agree Water, I didnt even KNOW they had all the eye colors available until I saw your Leopard Frog Dragon I think it was called (STILL by far your best dragon yet…I think anyhow! πŸ˜‰ ) I nearly fell out of my chair in excitement LOL!
    Thank you again….I think I will do just that. If in a few days here, if there isnt any responses for her, I will put her up and maybe like GB said, go onto another in that series I was thinking bout doing, and see how that turns out.

Skigod377
    Participant

Sorry it didn’t sell. I agree with the above statements. List it under Wolves, or maybe a native arts category…if there is one. List it in more than one place, just make sure that the category fits. (Dont list griffins under “dragon statues” category) It may cost more, but you will get more looks, too.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

If you list it under or advertise it as ‘native american’, you may want to make it clear in your description if you are of native american blood/decent or not. Many people only collect things made by native americans and can get pretty angry if they buy something under the misunderstanding that it’s native american made and it turns out it’s only done in a native american style. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

If you list it under or advertise it as ‘native american’, you may want to make it clear in your description if you are of native american blood/decent or not. Many people only collect things made by native americans and can get pretty angry if they buy something under the misunderstanding that it’s native american made and it turns out it’s only done in a native american style. πŸ™‚

OoOoO! You know what I didnt realize that, you are right Nam! Thank you πŸ˜€ I will make sure I put that in there. EEEEK! Last thing I want is trouble LOL!

skigod377 wrote:

Sorry it didn’t sell. I agree with the above statements. List it under Wolves, or maybe a native arts category…if there is one. List it in more than one place, just make sure that the category fits. (Dont list griffins under “dragon statues” category) It may cost more, but you will get more looks, too.

Thanks Ski, yea, I think I am going to do that next time and also do what Nam said. JUST to be on the safe side. πŸ˜€

Jennifer
        Keymaster

DragonsCavern wrote:

OoOoO! You know what I didnt realize that, you are right Nam! Thank you πŸ˜€ I will make sure I put that in there. EEEEK! Last thing I want is trouble LOL!

I found this out the hard way- I didn’t even think my artform of painting on feathers was considered ‘native american style’ and indeed never ever advertised it as such, but someone raised a huge fuss when they realized I was not a member of any native american tribe. Yikes!! I could understand if I had said it was a native american piece but I never even mentioned it. People will always nitpick and it’s best to cover yourself! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I found this out the hard way- I didn’t even think my artform of painting on feathers was considered ‘native american style’ and indeed never ever advertised it as such, but someone raised a huge fuss when they realized I was not a member of any native american tribe. Yikes!! I could understand if I had said it was a native american piece but I never even mentioned it. People will always nitpick and it’s best to cover yourself! πŸ™‚
          OMG! WOW! Even over just a feather πŸ˜• ??? Gees, well thank you sooooo much for bringing this to my attention! I will make sure I put that in my auctions.

I have had someone contact me about her and she now is going on her way to her GOOD new home. If this person would like to reveal her/himself to the others I will leave that up to them.

I am going to go ahead with all of your suggestions and comments and make one more of the series and see how that one goes. I will be sure to post pictures of it once it is done…possibly a few weeks, and cant wait to hear what you all have to say about it πŸ˜€ ! ~TANEEA~

Maria
          Participant

Glad you were able to sell her to a good home, DC. Now we can look forward to your next PYO.

Thank you GB, yup I cant wait to do the next one, I might be able to start it this week, then once I get the KiRin from Windstone I have to start my next commision…..THIS commision is going to be ALOT of fun for me! I am not going to release to whom it is for yet. I want to wait til its finished, UNLESS that person wants to say something about it :wink:!

I really APPRECIATE all of your guys’ help and advice! I think of all of you like part of my family πŸ˜€ !

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.