Sorry about the spam

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Sorry about the spam

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

The Spammer (keran gerni) just PM’d me 8 minutes ago – I’ve emailed Jennifer and Susie.
      Then I blocked the Miscreant and deleted the PM without clicking on it or reading it.

DO NOT CLICK ON OR READ THE PM MESSAGE – DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I got the same message as well.

Hello
        I decide to contact you in good faith hoping that we would be friends
        because i have a lot to discuss with you, let me introduce myself in brief,
        my names are miss [redacted] i am working with United States Army, please contact me trough my private email [redacted] well i wait your reply for more
        information, thanks

Syrena
        Participant

I got that same spam message from ‘Karen Gerni’ who is ‘working for the United States Army’ today as well. Really weird message. I don’t know how this benefits the spammer.

maryd@wjpa.org
          Participant

Just FYI, I received the same spam last night. I googled the name before responding and found it related to several scams.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Hi guys! Sorry this problem returned overnight when there was no one around to squish it. I think I have blocked all of our current “wave” of spammers so you should not get any NEW spammy private messages (timestamped after 9:30am EST). If you do, please reply here with the exact user name of the person sending you spam.
              As for what to do with the spam private messages you already do have (if any), just delete them. I think that by me marking the users as spammers on our web platform that their PMs might become unavailable to you… but if not, just delete them. Please don’t be alarmed if you read the message; reading it won’t cause you any trouble (other than annoyance). Just please don’t click any links in the messages! That’s where you can get into trouble.

I confess I don’t know enough about our web platform to remove any pending notifications you might have for new messages; hopefully Clay can figure that one out for us!

(I’m re-posting this to all the current threads about the spammer)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Zexious
              Participant

Syrena, I assume it’s a phishing (or similar) scam once you e-mail them. So irritating ):<

etruscan
                Participant

Now we have a SPAM ad in the Classifieds: Financial Services business and personal loans no collateral require

I have emailed Susie and Jennifer.

Kim
                  Blocked

There’s a bunch of spam posted in Chinese writing just posted in several new topics in the forum now.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mary
                    Participant

Yep, apparently China is upset about the tariffs and taking it out on Windstone forum. Sad

Clay
                      Keymaster

Spam topics removed and user blocked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.