Sorry about the spam

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Sorry about the spam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Apologies to anyone that saw our very lewd spammer this morning. I hope I got it all but if I missed anything please email me (nambroth@gmail.com).

Thank you to the diligent forum members that reported it to me right away!

I'm here to help! Time sensitive issues: See a spammer? Website going haywire? email me! nambroth at gmail.com

Susie
    Keymaster

Thank you Jennifer!

Melody
    Keymaster

Whew! Thanks Jennifer!

Zexious
    Participant

Thank you, Jennifer! You’re a rockstar!

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer. I happened to be on right when it was going on and messaged Susie and Melody. I don’t know why I didn’t think of messaging you. For some reason I though you had stepped away from modding the site. My bad.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone that I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirins
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons
    Rainbow Grab Bag Cougars, Oris, and Unis

StormDancer
    Participant

I saw all the spam and knew who to contact but couldnt find a page that had your email address!

I’ve now just added it to my email address book in case  of future spammers.

Thank you for getting the spam all taken care of.

Looking for:
    "COSMIC SHIFT #1 ORIENTAL DRAGON" and "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
    Participant

Thanks for taking care of it.  I got notified of one posted that was pretty lewd!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Since I’m East Coast, I often get to see spam and problems that happen overnight/early faster than the Windstone crew does… especially on a weekend where they might not see their emails.

I’m mostly not modding anymore, but am still happy to kick spam out! Especially really awful spam like that. We don’t want that up on the Windstone site a microsecond more than we have to, ugh! Fortunately most bots are blocked now but a few of the better ones sometimes sneak through…

I'm here to help! Time sensitive issues: See a spammer? Website going haywire? email me! nambroth at gmail.com

Tig3r06
    Participant

Who would I contact for spam pm’s?  Thank you!

TruckersWife
    Participant

Who would I contact for spam pm’s? Thank you!

Got a spam pm too.

……………………….

keran gerniSent 2 hours, 16 minutes agoStar
    Hello
    I decide to contact you in good faith hoping that we would be friends
    because i have a lot to discuss with you, let me introduce myself in brief,
    my names are miss Karen Gerni i am working with United States Army, please contact me trough my private email (karengerni@hotmail.com) well i wait your reply for more
    information, thanks

Formerly known as Lysithian

Married to Trucker, my true love, on Valentine's Day 2016

Tig3r06
    Participant

Who would I contact for spam pm’s? Thank you!

Got a spam pm too. ………………………. keran gerniSent 2 hours, 16 minutes agoStar Hello I decide to contact you in good faith hoping that we would be friends because i have a lot to discuss with you, let me introduce myself in brief, my names are miss Karen Gerni i am working with United States Army, please contact me trough my private email (karengerni@hotmail.com) well i wait your reply for more information, thanks

That’s the same one I got sent twice.

fatalbeauty
    Participant

I was coming here to say I couldn’t see the pm but I got one from this person too….I went to try and read it after my email said I had one but there’s nadda new in my inbox here….

Sitting Cat found! SOON! OMG YEY!

etruscan
    Participant

Jennifer took care of it.  Thanks!  The SPAM private messages also are discussed in this thread:

Spam Private Messages

I think that this is the first time that SPAM has appeared in the private messages?

Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

Yes, that’s the one I got as well.
    Huge thank you to Jennifer for trouble-shooting it so quickly!!
    Thank you Susie, for always being there to help with everything.

Aphelia Nevermore
    Participant

Glad I looked up that email before deciding whether or not to respond… got the same one, seemed odd to me, so I deleted it, and now I’m here..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.