fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 2)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,287 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Omg, I totally forgot about those dragon pebbles! I usually don’t fall for dragons, but the ‘loaf’ dragon is a must have!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kim
      Blocked

I was only able to get a kirin because I sold a couple pieces luckily. I love Melody’s work or I wouldn’t be a collector. That is why I buy grab bags just like everyone else who looks forward to them everytime they come out. As a collector for a few years now it has become fairly easy to predict around what grab bags will go for to know what to save for. This one just really caught me by surprise along with friends and family who were also looking forward to them and couldn’t afford them. That is why I commented but I do understand now how they were priced based on special pieces. My comment was that is has been discussed in the past that grab bags were based on more people being able to buy them at a lower price point than special store pieces. In the last couple years it seems that some special ebay pieces have actually been selling for lower than store and grab bag prices. It makes sense since the economy has still been struggling, especially with massive layoffs in the last couple years where I live. Pieces that used to sell for high prices now some people are struggling to sell so it’s a valid concern to analyze the market value of something to see what people will actually pay for it before buying or selling. This is also one of the first grab bags that hasn’t sold out right away and many people have said they couldn’t afford. The concern with grab bags again is that if they don’t sell out, people have much less chance of being able to trade for pieces if they don’t know if anyone got the ones they were hoping for or if they are still in the store waiting to be bought. Anyway as people had mentioned before, baby poads would be a good option for a less expensive grab bag next. It would be nice to have more like fantasy, leaves or silhouettes to match the young poads, maybe in a simpler fashion.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
        Participant

It seems to me that regular size grab bag batches, which this is, stay in the store long enough to have the “one per customer” limit lifted and it is possible to get one for at least a week after they come out. Melody painted about 200 Grab Bag horses and they were in the store for almost six months.

Small groups sell out quickly, but sales of this batch of 125 baby kirins are going about as I would expect.

Scathach
          Participant

It’s pretty much what I expected, too. It’s actually nice to have a little peacefulness with the grab bags.

Life is beautiful.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

My comments about prices for what it is worth…
              With Grab Bags, and with everything I chose to purchase, I believe people need to access their want/need/desires with what is practical for their wallets…. e.g.= just because I want a Lamborghini car and I want it to be affordable to ME doesn’t mean that I can determine the price of it, or frankly even suggest that I can tell the car manufacturer what to price their products at. I need to look at my situation and determine if I want to spend the amount the seller is asking for their item… if the cost is unrealistic for me, I just don’t purchase it. Doesn’t mean I can’t admire it from afar though. I can also opt to save, save, save to be able to purchase one in the future if I really really want it.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Stormbreeze
              Participant

Has there ever been a grab bag of coiled male dragons?

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

etruscan
                Participant

No. Kim has put together a very useful list of grab bag “Show Off” threads:

http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/new-windstone-grab-bag-photo-threads-directory/

The list also is a “sticky” – second item in the “General Windstone” category.

Scathach
                  Participant

Not that I know of, but they’d be awesome.

Life is beautiful.

TruckersWife
                    Participant

Awesome post Ela_Hara! I almost convinced myself to put one of these sweet baby kirins on my credit card and pay it off later, but reality hit and no matter how much I want one, I don’t need one. Especially since I just added more stuff for my new goats and minis on my credit card and soon my minis will be home and I know I missed a lot of stuff I need for them too. Sooo…pretties are pretty to look at and these windstones are amazing works of art but for now, and maybe for a long time, I will be just admiring them from afar.

By the way, love your last five words…I really really want it….funny thing is, I want a grab bag baby kirin but I really really do NOT really really want it! Thank you again for helping me put these into perspective!

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Hee Hee Hee! Yes – it can be a B***h when *Reality* slaps you in the face to pay attention can’t it? ๐Ÿ˜‰
                        BTW, Those baby goats are the Cutest little things! Congrats on them and your mini-horses! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

phantomess
                        Participant

You guys are getting me excited mentioning dragon pebbles! I don’t typically do grab bags or pebble animals but I got a GB mini keeper and you can bet I’ll do my best to get my hands on any type of dragon GB Melody puts out! I just hope my wallet has enough prior warning, haha! I’ll try to be ready.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

TruckersWife
                          Participant

Reality has fists of iron and I’m black and blue here! It’s not fair! *Stomping my foot!* I want a grab bag baby kirin I do I do and OUCH…stop hitting me reality!!!

And yeah my baby goats are the cutest little things, thank you! So now when I feel like pouting cuz I can’t get any windstones, I just go outside and give a goat a hug! Hahaha! And soon I can hug my minis!

WeRePaNtHeR
                            Participant

Hi Melody n’ crew,

I would love to see a GB foo puppy batch one day, or GB hatching dragons! ๐Ÿ˜

Keep up the awesomeness!

Love, Erin

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Matty
                              Participant

Grab bag Foo Puppies would be amazing as well! Great suggest Erin! I am in for those or grab bag Pebble Dragons! I have two mini secret keepers and I adore them!

Ferlin1984
                                Participant

I think it was said before that the PYO pieces can’t be production or grab bag because there didn’t want to be confusion with fraud. Like someone painting a baby unicorn and claiming it was Melody. Since the foo pups are PYO I don’t think they can be grab bags. But the pebble dragons would be cool. I don’t collect dragons but they are super cute looking.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,287 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.