fbpx

So Nana Laurie said…….

Home Forums Miscellany Community So Nana Laurie said…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

“If you don’t get your butt back on the forum and let people know how you’re doing NOW…..” ROFL

So first some good news, I’m finaly on some medication that seems to have cleared up my really nasty bout of migraines and now have been migraine free except for ones triggered by specific things (mom burning toast or setting something on fire in the broiler) for about a month now. I cannot say how horrid and debilitating it was to literally have had a migraine for almost 6 months straight….there is a reason they call them suicide headaches…honestly I thank my back injury for being able to survive because if I didn’t know how to manage pain I’d have stuck my head through a concrete wall several times. I do want to thank everyone for their love and support and putting up with my trying to get stuff shipped and coordinated durring that time.

I just signed up for summer class after having had to drop my full load fall semester and skipping spring semester due to my headaches, so it will be nice to get back into the swing of things, I’ve kind of been going stir crazy since I’ve been feeling better hanging in limbo not being able to work for having to go back to school, but not being in school. However I may be looking at finding a part time job since Louis’ state massage liscence expired at the end of April and it wasn’t financially viable to renew it, so he’s been officially unemployed and unable to collect unemployment because he was contracted with the chiropractic office he was working with. As of right now he’s in the process of looking for a job filling out applications.

Anyway…………I’ve been really depressed because I had to put my soul mate fur baby Bobby to sleep April 25. I cried for 2 solid hours while holding him afterwards and even now can’t talk about it without crying uncontrolably. I didn’t leave my room, even to go downstairs, for a week and a half and it took me several weeks to even check my e-mail. I knew it would hit me hard since he was the most important being in my entire life, but a huge part of me died that day. He was a manx and as such his nerves in his back end were messed up and he couldn’t control his urine or bowel movements very well and so spent about 16 of his 18 years wearing a diaper. We fashioned these pants with a harness and put maxi pads in them and would change him and he thought he was completely normal. He was the sweetest most wonderfull people/dog/cat in the whole wide world. I could never express enough words to describe the love and support that Bobby knew to extend when someone needed it, whenever I was depressed laying in bed, he would come up and curl next to me, head butting my cheek and licking me, put a paw around my arm pulling it to him and hugging it and then just sleeping there holding me trying to tell me it was ok. When you picked him up he would put his paws around you neck and rub his head into you, and when you tried to pull away he’d grab at you and pull back in as if to say “Uhh, no…we’re not done loving yet!” I know my mom and I gave him the best life he could have had and he lived to be an old man, but he was my baby and I miss him so much.
      RIP Bobby:

On a happy note, we have 2 more gecko eggs, and my female dragon is preggo again, just waiting for her to lay, so will have more baby dragons again this year! I’ll post pics when they hatch!

So, I have been sort of lurking around the forums and trying to keep up on everyone, but I’ll make an effort to be more of a presence so Laurie doesn’t have to come calling me and hunting me down =P

Love and hugs to everyone!

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

Rachel
        Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty. But I’m glad to hear that you’re more functional. I hope things continue to improve.

machineguts
          Participant

Oh hon, I am so sorry to hear about Bobby. πŸ™ *Hugs tight* Losing our fur kids can be among the most difficult times in our life. You can rest assured knowing that he knew how much you loved him, and that he had such a blessed life with you. <3

I am so thankful to hear that those migraines are finally coming under control! I remember the times when you wouldn’t be able to get online due to such an intense migraine. It is a relief to know you are not suffering with them near as much, and hopefully the occasional ones that are triggered will come under control as well.

I hope you and Louis are doing well! I miss you guys, thank you so much for the update! *Hugs tight*

Duld
            Participant

OOOhh I missed you (while I was gone… and was wondering about you when I got back) glad you’re OK

and I am so sorry for Bobby

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

*Fluffy dragon hugs for NirvanaCat*

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Good to see you back! πŸ˜€ Sorry for Bobby–love the pic you posted. He looks like such a adorable kittie. Fuzzy hugs and jumps up and down that you are feeling much better and taking classes this summer. Hope all goes well for you and if you disappear again for a long period of time, I guess we’re just gonna have to get ‘Nana Laurie’ on your a@@! πŸ˜†

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Hey Cat! I’m so glad you’re feeling better. It’s good to know you’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with school and with jobs – to the both of you.

Lately, there’s been quite the “epidemic” in having to end fur friend life πŸ™ I’ve had to do it recently and it’s tough. But it’s better for them in the end. The important thing is to remember the good times we had with them. So HUGS!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Amanda
                    Participant

There you are Cat! I’ve really missed seeing you around Facebook and wondered where you were! I am so, so, so sorry to hear about your Bobby. There isn’t a darn thing I can say to make that any better, I know-since I have two kits of my own that are my kids. Bobby was so lucky to have a loving human like you to accept him and take care of him, what a lucky boy!

Laurie
                      Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

Good to see you back! πŸ˜€ Sorry for Bobby–love the pic you posted. He looks like such a adorable kittie. Fuzzy hugs and jumps up and down that you are feeling much better and taking classes this summer. Hope all goes well for you and if you disappear again for a long period of time, I guess we’re just gonna have to get ‘Nana Laurie’ on your a@@! πŸ˜†

Smartasses. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

I’m glad to hear your migraines under control.

And I’m so so sorry to hear about Bobby. Sounds like he was a wonderful cat!

We’ve missed you here and on Facebook. And I hope you and Lewis continue to do well!

(wow that sounds short and choppy. My apologies, I had an 11 hour day with a migraine for most of it – now under control with wonderful drugs)

Skigod377
                        Participant

Nice to see you!!! I am soooo glad the headaches are managed now and really really glad you are able to go back to school. Soooo very sorry about Bobby. Dang he lived a long time. That must have been one healthy cat! (Besides the whole bowel problem.)

Aww…I’m sorry Cat, Bobby sure was a doll. *Hugs* It’s hard to lose a fur baby, no matter how long they are with us. I’m still having a few days where I just can’t stop thinking about O.B.. Seems like 18 years just isn’t long enough at all… πŸ™
                          On the brighter side of this topic, I am so glad to hear you are getting those migraines under control somewhat! Sounds like you might get to take charge of your life again! Come out from under eye masks, and out of dark, noiseless rooms and enjoy life! πŸ˜€
                          *Biggest of big hugs*

Jasmine
                          Participant

Have missed see you around. So sorry about Bobby, he was gorgeous.

lamortefille
                            Participant

I’m so glad that your migraines are better! That’s excellent news! πŸ˜€

I’m so sorry about Bobby. I just don’t have the words. πŸ˜₯ You are just beyond wonderful, though. It takes a special person to home a special animal and you were each rewarded with years of love. He couldn’t have had a better home. *hugs*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.