So glad to have found you all

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area So glad to have found you all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

I had no idea there was such a community of Windstone enthusiasts to share ideas with. I’ve been browsing the messages and drooling over the PYO Gallery throughout the afternoon.

I only have 4 dragons, but they are old treasured dragons. I have a mother dragon that I believe to be either a prototype or a pre-Windstone Editions dragon. She’s a flat green with touches of gold highlights and is dated 1984. My favorite is a male dragon in black with a few highlights of color, dated ’86. I was told when I bought this dragon that it was a prototype for the peacock color. Both dragons were found during vacation trips out of town. πŸ™‚

So many new designs and colors have been created since I last acquired a Windstone dragon. I see that I’m way over due for a new one. πŸ™‚ I foresee an Old Warrior joining the family, I just don’t know which color yet.

Elena
    Participant

Welcome! You’ll have to post pics!

*Beware! this forumcauses collections to grow….. πŸ˜‰

Brian
      Participant

Welcome. πŸ™‚ Everyone will tell you your collection will grow and they are not joking. I have got 4 in the last month and I have the coolest pyo dragon ever heading home soon. πŸ˜€

Purplecat
        Participant

Welcome!! I can see you’re a Robin Hobb reader, I always thought the name Tintaglia was really cool. My daughter’s name is Vivacia! Welcome to the forum, we’re glad to have you! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Welcome to the mad house! A good place to get an idea of when your particular pieces may have been made is Astral Castle’s Windstone Editions Encyclopedia. To me it sounds like you have an old Green Mother Dragon and possibly an old Peacock Male Dragon. All of the dragon’s have dates inscribed on them from when the mold was first made. It doesn’t always mean the color of the dragon is that old though. For example the old green mothers that came out circa 1985 would have ’84, but then so do the new Emerald Peacock Mothers and they just came out in 2006.

You mentioned having four dragons. Mind if I ask what the other two are?

Patricia
            Participant

~Welcome!~

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Starbreeze
              Participant

Welcome!!! Nice to meet you!!! πŸ˜€

Thanks everyone!

Actually, I have 5 dragons. I forgot my brown hatchling. The other two that I didn’t mention is a green male and a brown young dragon. I’d bought the green male as a mate for the green mother. I was going to get a peacock mother for the black dragon, but it was one of those things that I kept putting off. Instead of collecting a family in one color, I’m more likely to get each one in a different color. πŸ™‚

Thanks Purplecat. It’s always neat when someone recognizes the name. I loved that series. When the third book finally came out, everything else took a back seat until I finished reading it.

I looked at your photo link. Awesome dragons. They’re beautiful!

Travistie
                Participant

Welcome to the forum! Yes, your collection will surely grow now that you are a member here.
                  Happy Collecting! πŸ˜€

I’m already looking into ordering a PYO dragon. Is there anywhere on the site that shows the different eye and jewel colors?

Travistie
                  Participant

It would be nice if they had a photo of every eye color for the PYOs in the store. But unfortunately they don’t. I guess the best thing to do, would be to check the PYO galleries and see what other people have picked to paint. You can get a good idea of what the eye colors will look like. I haven’t bought a PYO dragon yet. I just bought my first griffin to paint the other day.

I posted a picture of four of my dragons under General Windstone/Show your Windstone Collection Thread 4.

I forgot to include the brown hatchling in the photo session. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

travistie wrote:

It would be nice if they had a photo of every eye color for the PYOs in the store. But unfortunately they don’t. I guess the best thing to do, would be to check the PYO galleries and see what other people have picked to paint. You can get a good idea of what the eye colors will look like. I haven’t bought a PYO dragon yet. I just bought my first griffin to paint the other day.

Actually there is a guide that shows the eye colors available. It’s here or you can get to it by going to the PYO page and clicking on the link that says “Click here to see choices of eye colors”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.