fbpx

SNOW!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community SNOW!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hmm, I did keep that picture.. January 26, 2004 .. just before it hit -50

SUNNY – Low of -40 … 😈

frozendragon
      Participant

yeah….I remember a few years back the wind chill was -70 in MN….and we had 26″ of snow for christmas….and they actually closed the place I worked at that time…..and they hadn’t closed in like 25yrs because of weather….it was cool….

and I was still out driving in my Pontiac Grand Am…..now that is one American car that is totally worth the money….but since they changed it to the G6….I’m not sure about that one…..

Anonymous

I don’t know about *any* late model domestic car.. they all seem more concerned with just pushing out new vehicles that are “different” and not really thinking about what they are doing.

I mean… Aztec? Come on.

Things like that.

Then again, I’m mopar biased. There is only one car for me, it’s the whole reason I’m a web hoster. 8)

frozendragon
          Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

I don’t know about *any* late model domestic car.. they all seem more concerned with just pushing out new vehicles that are “different” and not really thinking about what they are doing.

I mean… Aztec? Come on.

Things like that.

Then again, I’m mopar biased. There is only one car for me, it’s the whole reason I’m a web hoster. 8)

LOL…..Aztec…..that was the ugliest thing ever….

my sister has the new Chrysler 300….I so want to get the Challenger when it comes out….now…

I wanted a Charger….but they are so high…..I think I’ll be able to afford the Challenger when it comes out….because I’ll have my degree and a better job then…

man…now I want to go to the Dodge dealer and drool….. 😀

Anonymous

My Dodge dealer does the drooling around here.

We have a cushy deal, 5% over cost and we give him exclusive business from the clubs.

Needless to say the modifications we do cost 10x more than the cars themselves.

frozendragon
              Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

My Dodge dealer does the drooling around here.

We have a cushy deal, 5% over cost and we give him exclusive business from the clubs.

Needless to say the modifications we do cost 10x more than the cars themselves.

hmm….cool….we have boring stuff around here though…silver white….so I’ll have to go to Dallas or Denver when I decide to get one….so I can get something cool…not boring

Skigod377
                Participant

I like my 300 well enough, but the charger actually looks cooler and is about the same price for the same engine.

As for snow…I like it when I can get out of it. I hate working outside in winter. Snowboarding? Yes…if I can hit the lodge for a hot chocolate every once in a while.

frozendragon
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I like my 300 well enough, but the charger actually looks cooler and is about the same price for the same engine.

As for snow…I like it when I can get out of it. I hate working outside in winter. Snowboarding? Yes…if I can hit the lodge for a hot chocolate every once in a while.

yeah I like the Charger better….but they price that one higher than the 300 here….and they bump up the 300 because of “market value”…..basically Amarillo is on of the more expensive places to live in TX….

and with no real competition they get away with the “market value” thing….but if I go to Dallas or something…I can get the same kind of car…with more options and better color choices for at least $3000 less than what’s here….

when I got my Mercedes I went to Dallas and got it for $12,000 less than what they’d have it here for….brand new

Skigod377
                    Participant

Wow. Thats a big difference. Silly, I think.

frozendragon
                      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Wow. Thats a big difference. Silly, I think.

yeah totally silly….they mark up VW’s about $3000…and Volvo’s $5000

and if you see a mini cooper here….it’s almost double what a brand new one costs ( we only see used here)..

and that is just one of the many reasons I want to move…

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I have 4 wheel drive Ford truck so snow can be fun =D

Although I do dislike snow to a certain point…Like lastyear when we had a blizzard and got about 6-7 feet of snow. I have some kickass pictures of my car I’ll have to find!!! All you see is SNOW! Lots and LOTS of snow EVERYWHERE…..and one itty bitty side mirror sticking out of a smal hill…..yea…that was my car that was COMPLETELY covered, roof and all with snow!!! LOL!!! I have to find those!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
                          Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I have 4 wheel drive Ford truck so snow can be fun =D

Although I do dislike snow to a certain point…Like lastyear when we had a blizzard and got about 6-7 feet of snow. I have some kickass pictures of my car I’ll have to find!!! All you see is SNOW! Lots and LOTS of snow EVERYWHERE…..and one itty bitty side mirror sticking out of a smal hill…..yea…that was my car that was COMPLETELY covered, roof and all with snow!!! LOL!!! I have to find those!

I have a pic like that….my friend in Italy didn’t think Texas ever got snow…..I mailed him the pic….his whole family freaked out….LOL

No snow out here — in the depths of winter it gets down to about 40 degrees. It would be kind of neat to actually see snow at Christmas, but I don’t think I’d want to deal with the hassles that you guys mentioned.

Actually, the weather here is about what I consider ideal — mild winters and summers that’re warm but not hot (most summer days are in the mid 80’s). But the price we pay the this weather is of course the outrageous housing prices… 😯

Starbreeze
                            Participant

No snow here either…it’s 80 degrees…I’m running around in shorts and a T-shirt. 😆

frozendragon wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Hrum, well see I use my e-brake when I drive in the winter, so I don’t have any mositure left over that will freeze. If you drag your brake a bit before you park it shouldn’t stick up anymore.

ok….well thank you for that tip….I didn’t even think of that….so if I get it unstuck I will try that…

and last night I just came home put the brake on and came inside….and thinking about it….it did try to stick on my before I got home when I stopped at a store for hot chocolate….I’ll definitely have to try that when/if I get it to move….
                              Burr. I definately hate snow when it is on the ground. It is pretty to look at but it doesn’t have any more positive sides. This morning it was -12. My bf is a truck driver and they said their trucks wouldn’t move because of the brakes. He said he put Acetone in the line to unfreeze them. I am not sure it would work on a car tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.