fbpx

Sitting Cat (#203)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Sitting Cat (#203)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

I put this in the Ask Melody section, but any members with insight are free to jump in!

I’m curious about the Sitting Cat (#203) from the Old Animal line. I don’t recall ever seeing one in a forum member’s collection photo, or in one of the photos taken of your personal collection or it making an appearance in the background of a studio or factory photo. Astral Castle’s Encyclopedia says the Sitting Cat was released from 1985 to 1987. Do any copies of this sitting cat exist in your personal collection or somewhere in the factory? I’d love to see a photo if it does!

photo AnimalCollectionsittingcat_zps73d4cf09.jpg

fatalbeauty
      Participant

pretty kitty, I’d like to see 201 as well…

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Melody
        Keymaster

We must have one somewhere. I don’t think I have ever seen one in anyone’s collection, or on ebay!

Erika
          Participant

That lynx is adorable, too!

Azurielle
            Participant

Been looking for one of the Siamese ones for years, but have never seen one!

Keeper of the Fledgings

Lokie
              Participant

Oh man, if you can find one and photo it, that would be awesome! =) That little kitty is very elusive!

Lokie
                Participant

pretty kitty, I’d like to see 201 as well…

If you go here:
                  http://www.ravnheart.com/windstone/

And type “Tabby Cat” in the search function at the top, you will see some of the #201 kitty there. Click on the names to get photos. Melody found some old castings of them when they were going through the factory, painted them, and sold them on Ebay as Artist Editions in 2008 and 2009. They are insanely adorable! I only wish I had the money to bid on them at the time.

rock-reader
                  Participant

Thank you, Lokie, for the link. Was able to look up pictures of Tabby Cat Specials (adorable!) as well as others I’ve wanted to see. I’ve bookmarked that site for cruising when things are slow at work

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

thanks for the link Lokie….wish Melody would make them again, sooo cute!

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                      Participant

A little Mystery Cat arrived today! (I apologize for the lousy photos. I can try to take better ones if people want):

I got her off ebay, thinking that she is the “Calico Cat with Yellow Eyes” sold on ebay in 2009 (information from the ravnheart database http://ravnheart.com/windstone/index.php?act=details&id=1181 ).

But she isn’t that cat. She doesn’t have white details, her paw pads are a different color, and she doesn’t have a pad. “Windstone Editions” is stamped directly on the gypsum:

So she definitely is the “Tabby Cat” sculpt (#201 in the group photo above), she obviously is an early piece, but what is her story?

Melody
                        Keymaster

A little Mystery Cat arrived today! (I apologize for the lousy photos. I can try to take better ones if people want):

I got her off ebay, thinking that she is the “Calico Cat with Yellow Eyes” sold on ebay in 2009 (information from the ravnheart database http://ravnheart.com/windstone/index.php?act=details&id=1181 ).

But she isn’t that cat. She doesn’t have white details, her paw pads are a different color, and she doesn’t have a pad. “Windstone Editions” is stamped directly on the gypsum:

So she definitely is the “Tabby Cat” sculpt (#201 in the group photo above), she obviously is an early piece, but what is her story?

OOOHH!
                          Your cat isn’t one of the newly painted old castings we sold after 2008.
                          Yours is one of the rare original “Tabby cats”!!
                          I painted her when we first started Windstone, she is one of the original animal line.
                          Here is the story about these old animals:
                          We started Windstone in 1984 with a line of whimsical animals (they are pictured above, in our old advertising flyer, at the top of this thread).
                          The only pieces that sold well were the dragons, so we soon retired all of the other animals. The remaining unpainted castings of these animals were packed and stored in our warehouse. We re-discovered these boxes of old castings when we moved from California to Oregon.
                          I have been painting these 20+ year old original castings, and we occasionally put them on Ebay… those are the cats you are seeing on the ravnheart database. All newly painted old animals will have grey felt pads on them.
                          ( There are three “old” animals that we have made NEW castings of: the lion , and the two bear cubs. All other animals we have sold are the original 20+ year old castings)
                          You have a very rare cat!

rock-reader
                          Participant

Ahh you got my cat!! I meant to outbid you in the final moments but I fell asleep and missed it! She looks just like my wild cat Tabitha that I had for 11 years. I’m glad a forum member fot her – she is a very persoable little cat! Congratulations. If you ever want to rehome her, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy her, you lucky dog 🙂

BTW, its nice to hear her story. Thanks, Melody.

etruscan
                            Participant

Ahh you got my cat!! I meant to outbid you in the final moments but I fell asleep and missed it! She looks just like my wild cat Tabitha that I had for 11 years. I’m glad a forum member fot her – she is a very persoable little cat! Congratulations. If you ever want to rehome her, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy her, you lucky dog 🙂

BTW, its nice to hear her story. Thanks, Melody.

I can sympathize with the frustration of losing an ebay auction, even if I am happy that I won this particular piece. I don’t anticipate rehoming the cat, but you never know! I have made a note that you are interested in her.

Mercury Star
                              Participant

Congrats on getting that girl, Etruscan! I don’t use Ebay anymore, but I had gone on there to look at Windstone auctions just out of curiosity, and was sorely tempted when I saw her.

I love cats, I hope that someday I will be able to get some of those old Windstone kitties.

Do you still have the molds anymore, Melody?

Melody
                                Keymaster

Congrats on getting that girl, Etruscan! I don’t use Ebay anymore, but I had gone on there to look at Windstone auctions just out of curiosity, and was sorely tempted when I saw her.

I love cats, I hope that someday I will be able to get some of those old Windstone kitties.

Do you still have the molds anymore, Melody?

The rubber molds don’t last very long, so no, we don’t have molds, but we still have the “master” of this cat -that is the casting that is used to make molds. No plans to make new castings of these old things, however. We got enough new stuff to do!.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.