/sigh….Insomnia…..what do you do?

Home Forums Miscellany Community /sigh….Insomnia…..what do you do?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #783838

    Same here. Mine gets up at like 4:30 AM, so he goes to bed around 9:30 and considering my problem isn’t going to sleep, it’s *staying* asleep, I don’t think he’d appreciate me waking him up at like 2 or 3. 😉 No more than I would appreciate him waking me up at 6 on a weekend morning. 😀

    #783839
    Kimberly
    Participant

    *snickers* Well, that too…but not quite what was suggested by my friend (his idea wouldn’t require a Significant Other’s assistance). 😆 *ahem*

    #783840

    kitsunelady wrote:

    *snickers* Well, that too…but not quite what was suggested by my friend (his idea wouldn’t require a Significant Other’s assistance). 😆 *ahem*

    Er…. haha! 😆 *snicker*

    I think I know exactly what you mean…… and I won’t say it on a public forum either….

    #783841

    Dragon87 wrote:

    kitsunelady wrote:

    *snickers* Well, that too…but not quite what was suggested by my friend (his idea wouldn’t require a Significant Other’s assistance). 😆 *ahem*

    Er…. haha! 😆 *snicker*

    I think I know exactly what you mean…… and I won’t say it on a public forum either….
    I so want to comment on this….But, I’d just be joining the ranks of all the male coworkers I have ever had! XD I used to get locked in walk in coolers everywhere I worked. Not only was it me, but usually one of my male coworkers and then the wieners would turn the lights off (The darn switches are always on the outside of the door!)and shoot the pin through the handle. :shout: I’d be laughing so hard in the darn cooler, that when they opened the door, they wouldn’t be able to help laughing right with me! I never got um…well, yeah, but I remember being very uncomfortable a couple times when they locked me in them with guys I thought were cute… 😳

    #783842
    Kimberly
    Participant

    How sweet, they were trying to create some romantic alone time for you? 😆 I can see how a walk-in cooler would become the chosen place for tricking people if you worked somewhere that had one! >.> What else can you lock someone in from the outside (and turn off the lights on them, too!)? Heck, I would totally do that. 😀

    #783843

    kitsunelady wrote:

    How sweet, they were trying to create some romantic alone time for you? 😆 I can see how a walk-in cooler would become the chosen place for tricking people if you worked somewhere that had one! >.> What else can you lock someone in from the outside (and turn off the lights on them, too!)? Heck, I would totally do that. 😀

    Yeah, I got even on occasion. Trust me…I got even. 😉

    #783844

    Jennifer wrote:

    I often have severe insomnia from my Lyme disease. I haven’t found anything to work for me before, and I go to bed and can’t fall asleep all night.Recently I have been trying melatonin. I have to be careful because I can build up a dependency on it but it’s been working for me. If you haven’t tried it yet it might be worth it. I take the smallest dose that works for me (1/4th pill) about an hour before I want to feel sleepy. It’s the only thing that’s been keeping me sane for the last week..!!

    About the worst thing I have found I can do it just ‘stay up’ till I feel tired. I’d never end up in bed!! Especially with a computer or artwork in front of me. I used to do this when I was younger and it never was healthy for me.

    I recently started trying melatonin as well. It normally helps, but sometimes there`s just too many thoughts going through my head… My sleep has been irregular for a while… I believe I like nighttime too much actually … 😛

    Sometimes listening to quiet, instrumental tunes helps me feel sleepy as well… Acoustic guitar, piano and violin… Very calming! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.