fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

I like that unicorn…

The uni is turning out really wonderfully. I haven’t played with pastels yet, i take it you use the matte finish spray for the sealer coats?

Kyrin

siberakh1
      Participant

Updated pics of the Tropical Muse. The wing does have interference orange on it, but it isn’t showing up. Still some more work to do and a bunch of layers of interference to add, but it is coming along nicely.

Updated pics on the Dapple Gray Unicorn. Added some color to her nose, around her eyes, her lower legs, and on her tail and mane.

Just realized I have no stones for her. I’ll have to get some ordered. Yes, she is done with a matte clearcoat.

Starbreeze
        Participant

You must have a lot of patience to do all of that dappling!!! 😯 Awesome job!!! 😀

Stephanie
          Participant

Oh my gosh, that unicorn is spectacular! And I love the rainbow scales on that muse! 😀

frozendragon
            Participant

I’m gonna have to go snatch that unicorn… 😈

dragonmedley
              Participant

The muse is turning out pretty cool and that unicorn is just beautiful.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine
                Participant

They both look wonderful. I’m loving that unicorn!!

kitsunelady
                  Participant

The unicorn looks like Morgan from the Serendipity books! I loved those. XD

How do you do dapples? o.o

I didn’t think Morgan had dapples though…I will have to get my copies out and look. 😯 But that unicorn is to die for! 😀

siberakh1
                    Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

The unicorn looks like Morgan from the Serendipity books! I loved those. XD

How do you do dapples? o.o

Before I seal a layer, I go over with either a smudge stick, a kneading eraser, or a combo of the two (I was using bits of kneading eraser over the tip of a smudge stick). Then I would seal it. Repeat as needed over multiple layers for desired effect. I’ve gotten lots of useful info from LadyBrooklyn while doing this one, so she deserves some credit here. 🙂

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I didn’t think Morgan had dapples though…I will have to get my copies out and look. 😯 But that unicorn is to die for! 😀

You are correct. Morgan didn’t have dapples, but the colors are similar. She is actually now a little bit darker than Morgan. Flutterby had dapples though : (waits for a pyo pegasus just for that reason).

UPDATE: Unicorn is done, except for stones. I have some stones on order. I may be to go with some cubic zirconias though. I got sniped without enough time to put in another bid on some 1mm rubies 🙁 I do have some tsavorite garnets and emeralds coming, but I think I want to have them for something else (plus the size might be off). We shall see!

In the meantime, updated pics.

I’ll take some better pictures with some stones when they get here. I was losing light yesterday and it was getting chilly!

OMG She’s so pretty!!!!!! 😯 😀

*wants to bring her pastels out of retirement now…*

Click Please!!

dragonmedley
                      Participant

She’s beautiful!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                        Participant

Fantastic work! She’s gorgeous! 😀

Mmloda
                          Participant

She is STUNNING… 😉

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 238 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.