fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon
    Participant

Wow! That’s a nice keeper! I LOVE the colors together. 🙂

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Beautiful :yes: ! Personally I think the gray works best for the claws. The contrast of the gray shows them well against the earthy tones of the scales.

pipsxlch
        Participant

I love the browns and greens- I like the naturals best. Maybe a bone for the claws/horn? The horns pick up antiquing well to make the horns look ‘real’ then.

machineguts
          Participant

Oh wow, this is yet another one of my favorite Keepers I’ve seen. I just love these colors together, they are very organic and flow together nicely. As for your concern about the claws, I think they would look beautiful in the same color that you have painted his two horns. Gorgeous work!!

wow! beautiful colors!

Anna
            Participant

He’s just lovely! 😀

LuvsDragons
              Participant

I love him!! He’s beautiful. 😀

machineguts
                Participant

He’s just stunning. :yes:

Mmloda
                  Participant

😮 I love how he turned out! He has been painted in all my FAVORITE colors!

I wish I could afford him!

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

What a beautiful creature! Lovely work :yes: .

Lokie
                      Participant

Yay, It can see! The color scheme is really pretty 🙂

Very nice color scheme. I like him! He’s got good flow, and good contrast between the darker greens and the lighter tan colors.

I also really like the Kirin you had a couple of pages back, but couldn’t comment due to lack of interwebz.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Ok, he’s done. I tried to take photo booth pictures at work with the sun trying to peak out of the clouds during lunch.
                          I think I’m naming him Autumn Fern #1. If I don’t end up keeping him, I will be painting one more like him for myself. Not sure if I’ll do any more keepers to sell outside of commissions.

siberakh1
                          Participant

Third, is a piece I’ve had on the back burner since pretty much when the pyo griffins first came out. This is one of the soft feathered, prototype ones from the very first batch of pyo griffins back in 2007 I think (notice the flat bottom without the inset stamp). He’s been sitting for a while! He’s inspired by the tree swallows we get in the yard yearly, except I really loved this shade of green, so this is the result! I was stalled on how to get the colors I wanted and on what color to do the beak and talons (yes, it took me more than 3 years to decide this!). His haunches have subtle striping and I used various types of green and green interference on top of a charcoal gray base (the base was airbrushed, leftover from my Nightmare unicorn – the base was actually applied at the same painting session back when I did the Nightmare unicorn’s base!). His beak and talons have a lovely sheen of interference added.

Green Tree Swallow” griffin
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket

In sunlight….
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket
                            Photobucket

siberakh1
                            Participant

Lastly, this is the Keeper I did as a commission for Wampus Dragon, called “Marsh #1“. She wanted a dragon with the same base green as my Autumn Fern Keepers, but instead of the coppers, browns and yellow shades, she wanted lighter greens and black detailing with light green eyes and stone. The back scales and the one line on each side are actually really dark green, with all the keels and edges to those scales being black. Interference and metallics used here and there. Boy he looked rather bright and chartreuse until he was getting closer to completion! It took a lot of layers to bring everything together and I had some doubts while working on him on how to make it work, but he came together nicely and really looks fantastic hunting out in the grass in the late afternoon sun!

Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket

In the sunlight
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket

I have another keeper (water themed) on deck to finish by the end of the weekend (will be up for sale), a lilac themed dragon for myself and a phoenix blank needing paint (ring-necked pheasant themed). I do have another dragon I finished um, 2 years ago, but she lacks a forehead stone. I need to take better photos of her and will add her here eventually. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 238 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.