fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I really love the the snowleopard 😯 . Out of all the big cats they are one of my favs. By the way, you are an exellent painter πŸ˜‰ .

I love the koi-rin. So colorful!!!

The griffin is really good too, I can’t wait until PYO’s are back in the store.

siberakh1
      Participant

Here are some things I’m working on that are coming up…

First, I have a very tropical Muse (my first). Please forgive her blindness. She thought the sun was so bright, that she would take her eyes out to keep her from going blind! 😯 (ok, I really just scrubbed the first bit of paint off her when I changed color of her hair in the beginning from brown to it’s current color of marine greeny-blues and her eyes weren’t going to stay) I actually did a lot more over the weekend and the side scales need some touching up, but he is coming along. His head scales are now browns, like a little pebbley beach, his belly scales are purples and blues and interference on them, his wingy thing on his back is blue with pearlescence and orange interference overlay. His hair below his face is now yellow and his beak is kinda like a toucan! The front feathers are supposed to be sort of peacock like.

Next I have a PYO Unicorn (my first!), that I am trying to paint using mostly pastels (also my first!). She’s getting there! I still have 2-3 more coats on the body, then I have the legs, face and mane/tail to work on. If the weather holds, I’ll have her done in the about a week. She certainly is a learning experience and it’s fun exploring equine anatomy, with all the little muscle highlights and such. I’ve found I’m less messy with my workspace using pastels too! πŸ˜† She has 10 coats (airbrushed white), and 9 layers of pastels thus far. I’m proud of how she is coming out! πŸ˜€

Also working on a dragon that I started a while ago (kinda like the Lunar dragon I did, only with purples…). She should also be complete in the next week as well, so I may hold off until then for her pics. I’ll get to work on my swap when I have a piece… nothing in the mail yet, so I think I’ll be working on that one in the last week exclusively.

More pics this weekend or early next week.

Mmloda
        Participant

The Unicorn looks great so far…I can’t wait to see her all finished πŸ˜‰

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

Oh!! I love dapple grey, it’s my fave for horse coloring. He’s looking very nice so far πŸ˜€ .

That unicorn is gorgeous! I’m still wondering what to do with my unicorn for my…. um…. parents? Grandparents? I have no idea what was supposed to go to whom anymore….

With pastels, can you spray a topcoat on after? Or do you just have to never touch the thing because pastels come off if you breathe on them wrong?

Just curious you can get such softer effects with pastels, I’m thinking of trying it πŸ˜€

Adaneth
            Participant

I am LOVING what’s going on with that unicorn! πŸ˜€

Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Maria
              Participant

Ooh, nice feathers on the Muse. And wow to the dappling. Great work!

Jodi
                Participant

You’ve done a nice job on the dappling. That’s gotta be difficult. Pretty!

Rachel
                  Participant

Wow! Gorgeous. I don’t have the talent or patience for such things. But I certainly enjoy looking at other people’s stuff.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Woah!!! They’re both BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job hun!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

siberakh1
                      Participant

Thanks everyone! πŸ˜€ It rained yesterday, so nothing then. It is nice and sunny today though, so I’m off to take advantage of it and get a few more layers taken care of today on the uni.

Dragon87 wrote:

With pastels, can you spray a topcoat on after? Or do you just have to never touch the thing because pastels come off if you breathe on them wrong?

YES! You actually spray a clearcoat over EVERY layer of pastels. In the pictures, I have 9 layers of pastels and dappling applied. I sprayed after each layer. If you don’t, the layers would just mush together and not be very effective. It also allows you to handle the piece afterward. It just takes time to allow each coat to dry (at least 20-30 minutes). I’ve been trying to take advantage of the decent weather recently (since you can’t spray when it is too humid or wet out either – too much moisture). It’s not a method I can use too effectively in the winter here, for lack of a warm enough place to spray.

Thanks! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                        Participant

I’ve been wanting to play with pastels but I’m not sure I have the patience for it. πŸ™„

lamortefille
                          Participant

Beautiful dappling!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 238 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.