fbpx

Show your collection V.7-2012

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show your collection V.7-2012

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 423 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Riversgrace, you have a wonderful collection – you should be very proud!

Is is just me, or are the GB baby Poads different sizes?

They are not – you’d be surprised how much camera angles actually change the “size” and “shape” of pieces! I’ve learned this over the course of more than a year of taking pics of my PYOs – I used to take photos from very close, and it actually tends to distort the piece. Compare these two thumbnails of Keepers that I painted:

The one on the left was taken at close range, whereas the one on the right I stepped back about 5 feet and zoomed in with the camera in order to take the picture. When you do it that way, everything is more “in proportion” than if you take pictures from very close πŸ™‚

Not that there’s anything wrong with taking pictures from very close! But it definitely does change the shape and size of things when you do it that way πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Riversgrace
      Participant

Just the angle of the camera as Hannah said πŸ™‚ I couldn’t get the shot i wanted any other way…but I did notice that the pupils on them are different sizes πŸ™‚

And thank you for the compliment πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
        Participant

Just the angle of the camera as Hannah said πŸ™‚ I couldn’t get the shot i wanted any other way…but I did notice that the pupils on them are different sizes πŸ™‚

And thank you for the compliment πŸ™‚

One of mine has dilated pupils too…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

fatalbeauty
          Participant

Photobucket

Photobucket

edit: the leopard fuzzy came with an non pictured PYO wolf, forgot to add that..I just got the PYO so he’s all not painted yet and boring still so no need for posting him yet….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Sirithiliel
            Participant

Got my very first Windstone on Wednesday!! Meet Cyrin the Golden Scratcher =D I’m super excited to have him, and hope to get more in the future!

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Hes beautiful! I hope to own a gold scratcher one day before they are all gone. ^_^ Windstones are like potato chips….you can’t have just one! I broke down and ordered a BVP fledgling and he is on his way here now! I can’t wait ^_^

Sirithiliel
                Participant

Hes beautiful! I hope to own a gold scratcher one day before they are all gone. ^_^ Windstones are like potato chips….you can’t have just one! I broke down and ordered a BVP fledgling and he is on his way here now! I can’t wait ^_^

Yeah, I can’t afford one full price, but jumped at the chance to buy this lovely fellow when he was offered cheaper =D

Hannah
                  Participant

Congrats on your new pretty Siri!! πŸ˜€ It’s always wonderful to get a new Windstone, but your first will forever be special πŸ˜€

So now that there’s more than just two…

Here’s Allestra (lap), her brother who refuses to give me his name, Mignonne the GB Poad (don’t look at me, Allestra named her because it’s close to Minion and reminds her of steak), and the newest member of the household, Ciaran the black gold curlie. I know, I said I was getting the color shift one and even ordered it–thankfully Susie was kind enough to swap out when I hit buyer’s remorse. LOL

And yes, the CP Male has a tiny voodoo doll sitting on his claws. I walked in the other day and found it there. My husband claims he felt sorry for the dragon because Allestra gets all the attention. I think we need to up that boy’s meds…

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

I finally got around to digging in the boxes in the basement a few weeks ago, hunting for my original 20+ year old Siamese Flap Cat. All this time, I just couldn’t remember whether I had the bird wing or the bat wing–well, now I know why. At some point that I cannot remember, I bought the second one too!

The black batwing is from ebay recently–one of the few to come up in the last few weeks without a mark on her–and is in honor of my tuxedo cats. Next to her is one of Melody’s Stray Cat Edition tabbies, Bluebell. She looks very much like one of the cats we lost a few years ago. I know her previous owner (who’s on here sometimes) hated to part with her, but she came to a home that is very grateful to have her.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

(Yes, that’s a fish fossil behind them. Hubby wanted them there, go figure.)

Unfortunately, hubby is also now calling a Windstone timeout since most of this crew showed up since the first of the year (and he hasn’t even noticed Bluebell yet, LOL). Any Windstones that enter the house in the next couple of months are going to have to be small enough to hide among the clutter easily.

Or maybe I’ll try the, “Oh, that? Found it in the basement,” trick. Any other ideas you guys have used? πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                    Participant

You can always say, hey, I needed my fix!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Here’s Allestra (lap), her brother who refuses to give me his name, Mignonne the GB Poad (don’t look at me, Allestra named her because it’s close to Minion and reminds her of steak

mignone also is French (feminine) for cute-so your name is fitting!

Hannah
                        Participant

I got these pretties last week in a trade with Koishii and Grayfire and I finally got them outside for some decent pictures πŸ˜€ I LOVE them!! They were both inspired by sunsets and they came out perfectly πŸ™‚ Click on the picture below to see a larger picture of them πŸ™‚

I also got this beauty in the mail. I’m posting my picture and the picture that was taken for ebay – NEITHER of these pictures shows the proper color!! He is somewhere in between them – darker than my picture, lighter than the store’s picture – and he is more of a brick red than anything XD Darn it reds, why are you so hard to photograph!

And finally, a nice picture of my lovely Gray Hawk #2 πŸ™‚

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

Ohh very nice, I loved that mahogany male! Congrats!

etruscan
                            Participant

Congratulations! I had no idea the griffin was that striking – he looks spectacular sitting in the sun. πŸ™‚

pegasus4240
                              Participant

On my other hobby board, they have a PIF thing and one of the members sent me this!

She’s an older one. Has the Hollywood stamp. Very cute, although I’m going to have fix the rubs on her nose. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 423 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.