Selling practices

Home Forums Miscellany Community Selling practices

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Yeah that is frustrating. If people need more days to ship they should just tell you what date they can ship by instead of making you wonder. I sold a couple pieces on eBay last week but I just moved to a new house May 1 and everything was still in boxes and I knew I would need more days to find the pieces and boxes to ship so I let the buyers know when I thought I could ship by and one piece took 5 days and the other 2 days but usually I try and ship within 2 days unless it’s a weekend or holiday. People should communicate as much as they can about shipping unless there’s an emergency I think.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
      Participant

How long do you think is a respectable amount of time before asking a seller for your money back when they won’t ship,very little communication on the matter?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

It has all been said, but I just wanted to share an experience I had. I was lead to believe my parcel was shipped, but 18 days later, it was shipped for real. I contact the person asking for clarification (was it just shipped? or did you ship it 18 days ago like you said?) and they never responded. I contacted them on the day it should have arrived had they shipped 18 days prior as stated, and they never responded to that either. When the parcel arrived and I confirmed that it was shipped 18 days after they had originally said, I left negative feedback. You wanna bet I got an email seconds after leaving the negative feedback. Funny how that works.

If they would have simply responded to me that it was 18 days later I would have been ok with it, and NOT left negative feedback. I confronted the seller on “why would you tell me you shipped it on the 1st, but didn’t ship it for another 18 days? and they simply denied telling me it was shipped on the 1st, lol I will never do business with them again. Harsh? Maybe.

Communication is the only thing that matters until the parcel arrives.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

tig3r06
          Participant

Mine finally shipped yesterday after telling them I was trying to be understanding, but if they didnt ship then I would have paypal/my credit card get my money back. It had been 10 days since the day after purchase and it had been a week with no response to my questions.

sherry10151982
            Participant

WOW!! Now that was way too long and good for you to stand up for yourself! Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns and get it done. I think you should consider leaving some considerate but firm feedback with maybe one or two stars.

StormDancer
              Participant

As a seller, I feel that if you are selling something once it is paid for it should ship within 2 business days unless something was said about a longer shipping time in the original listing/ad.
                To me, once someone has paid for it, it is no longer mine and so it should be shipped to them ASAP, the only exception for me personally not to ship within 2 days would be if I were actually hospitalized.
                As soon as I take any photos for a listing I box the item up immediately so that all I need to do is add a shipping label once it is paid for and get it to the post office.
                I understand living far from town. I lived 70 miles from the nearest town (post office), 7 miles from my nearest neighbor and 14 miles from anything most people would consider a road for several years. And I still managed to ship items when I said I would.

As a buyer, communication is key. If you cant ship within the expected date, I am ok with that as long as I am notified of the delay. Just let me know and I am willing to be patient. If the seller can’t do that or has no communication then I will start getting annoyed within a week and by the end of week two I would be contacting them to let them know that I will cancel the sale.

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Scathach
                Participant

Agreed.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                  Participant

Well said!

Life is beautiful.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I do also try and get things out in a reasonable time frame. I work two jobs and I always tell the person involved when will be the soonest available ship date. Example, my next day off is this Thursday so I can ship on that date, or something to that effect. I try to do it within 3 business days at least. Sometimes it’s next day, but it depends on the circumstances. However I always communicate how long it would be to the buyer.
                      Now if I am the buyer I would expect the same courtesy. If you can’t get it out in 2 or 3 days then as long at the person tells me when, even if it’s a week then fine, just let me know. As long as I am informed I am not worried. If I paid however and say 2 weeks went by with no word and they aren’t responding with any information or updates I might be a little nervous and reminding myself not to maybe deal with that person again in the future.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.