fbpx

Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

Im gonna see Water Horse this weekend and want to see PS. I Love You.

Have you seen any stellar movies that you would recommend?

Starbreeze
        Participant

What kinds of movies do you like??? πŸ™‚

Travistie
          Participant

Well, to be honest… I haven’t been to a theater since last summer! The last movie I saw at the theater was the Pirates of the Caribbean. Only because the in-laws wanted to see it really bad, and I was there that day. Newer movies just don’t look all that exciting to me anymore. I don’t know why. Hollywood talent just seems to be wearing thin IMO. I did want to see I am Legend though, but never got around to it. I’ve heard good things, and bad things about it. But I do like Will Smith pretty good.

I’m really mostly into movies from the 50’s thru the 70’s. Just last weekend, I got to see Three Days of the Condor, and Marathon Man. Both very good. I’m sure most of you have seen those though. For those that have not… I do recommend them. They are both awesome! Oh, and I also saw All about Eve for the first time too. I watch a lot of movies shown on AMC and TCM. I’ve mentioned before that I love Steve McQueen movies also. I’ve got box sets of his stuff. So yeah, I don’t really go to the theater much. Pretty boring probably to most for a 26 year old… but I can wait till they come out on DVD. If there are any good movies out right now, that anyone can recommend… I’d sure like to hear them though! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets at the theater on post last month. That was a blast! Other than that I haven’t seen a movie at the theater in ages.

Skigod377
              Participant

Water Horse was ok, but def DVD-able. I am Legend was ok, but another that is ok for DVD. I want to see 10,000 BC. Also, there was a trailer for a movie called In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. Anyone seen that one? http://imdb.com/title/tt0460780/trailers-me60723458

Stephanie
                Participant

I haven’t been to the movies in a while. I’m holding out for Indy 4. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                  Participant

I saw a preview for that and it didnt look that good. I am sure it will be, though.

I want to see Step Up 2, too. I love the dancing. There are sooo many I want to see.

Stephanie
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I saw a preview for that and it didnt look that good. I am sure it will be, though.

*gasp!* I about had a heart attack when I saw the trailer! πŸ˜† I think it’s going to be a very fun film.

Skigod377
                      Participant

Stephanie wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

*gasp!* I about had a heart attack when I saw the trailer! πŸ˜† I think it’s going to be a very fun film.I liked all the other ones and my mother will insist on seeing it when it comes over. I am sure it will be great. The trailier was just bleh.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

I can’t wait for Indiana Jones!!!! It’s been such a long time!!!! πŸ˜€

I haven’t been to the movies in ages but last night I watched Earth Girls are Easy on DVD. Anyone remember it? Jeff Goldblum as a sexy blue furry alien. I think it was Jim Carrey first or second movie role. And the songs by Julie Brown were hysterical. Plus it had some classic lines:

“Bald thing – I think I love you.”

“You can’t expect me to be more evolved than I really am.”

“Stop it! You’re freaking me OUT!”

and the all time classic

“mental margarita”

It’s a great movie for a rainy day.

Skigod377
                          Participant

Cuz Im a blond b-l-o-n-d. Cuz im a blonde, dont you wish you were me? lol! I love that flick. Its a classic. Like Big Trouble In Little China, and Princess Bride.

Travistie
                            Participant

Stephanie wrote:

I haven’t been to the movies in a while. I’m holding out for Indy 4. πŸ˜€

Yes, I am very much looking forward to the 4th Indiana Jones movie too! I loved all of them before this one… so can’t wait!

I didn’t see the trailer yet, so I’ll have to go check it out now. πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                              Participant

love your new siggie starbreeze!! totally awesome!
                                πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.