Seeing if this works! Been a while!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Seeing if this works! Been a while!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Welcome back.I don’t know if you remember me but I do you.It is always sad to part with our beauties,so very sorry you have to.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

PhoenixTears
      Participant

Hi Bodine,
        Your name looks familiar to me and I thank you for the poetic welcome back😄 Yes, most sad to part with the only things you’ve ever collected from their start (many years) or at all. They feel like live pets to me and anyone that knows me knows I’m a huge animal lover and advocate. For these and other reasons is why I’d like them to go to dedicated WE collectors who know exactly how wonderful Melody’s art is. Learning the forum anew (it’s changed as has PayPal & pretty much everything😂). This will be a slow process and overwhelming undertaking. Hopefully I can fulfill some ppls “grails” (new term for me) but at the end of the day, hope anyone that wants what will be sold will get some joy & happiness from them.

Good to see you!
        ~PT~

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

PhoenixTears
        Participant

Hey guys,
          Thanks for the welcome backs & help with how to navigate what is a new forum to me, and thanks for tech support that’s been offered that I’ll have to figure out.

BUT- please know I came here to say hello, see if some old friends remain, make new ones and yes, explain the main reason for my return which will EVENTUALLY be selling most of my collection I have left. Having said that, some ppl just swing in to read and that’s fine but they caught (& it’s my mistake) answers to some questions which includes mentioning some pieces in passing. I’ve been getting numerous PMs asking for more information and even staking a hopeful claim. I understand & get it, believe me! I’ve been a collector since the beginning of Windstone. I know what it’s like to hope for that “grail” (new term for me), or even a piece I’d needed to fill in a family.

I’m nowhere near ready to sell yet (wish I was but this is tedious on my own in many directions). So I kindly ask that you please wait til pieces are listed in the Classifieds section (I’ll make a post in the Grail section that I have a sale to check out to maybe help some of you fulfill a dream) rather than coming to me in so many PMs. It will slow down the overall sale and it’s only fair everyone gets to see what will be offered closer to the same time.

I truly hope anyone reading understands where I’m coming from. There’s some time to go so, while I remember the eagerness & excitement of a large sale, please pour a large mug of chamomile tea and relax so you all get there at the same time and have an equal shot should you desire something.

Thank you with great appreciation,
          ~PT~🌻

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Nice to see you again! 🙂 When the forum very first started up you may have known me as “Nambroth”. I changed to my real-life name during the time when I was working for Windstone, to avoid confusion.
            I’m sorry you have to sell, but I think it’s wonderful that they mean so much to you that you are selling to others that love them too!
            I’m very sorry that our rules are long and overwhelming! Believe it or not, every (or, nearly every?) rule on there had to be made in response to a real problem faced by a forum member at one point… I can only speak for myself, but I know I just want everyone to be safe and have good experiences with trading and selling. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

PhoenixTears
            Participant

Ahhh, Jennifer, of course I remember you under this name & Nambroth! You helped me through several things (I don’t believe anything was negative) and I always enjoyed seeing you in here. That’ll likely stay the same now!

No apologies for lengthy rules; gotta keep everyone safe & happy which is a huge task. I’m just frustrated with myself that I’m not as quick to pick up things and retain them in memory like I use to be here. It’s a bit nerve racking for me as well because I want to be sure I do everything right, with no missteps. As a “will be” seller (again) and previous forum buyer, I want to maintain the positive reputation I had back then. Like you, just want us all to be happy & fulfilled.

Thanks for dropping by and saying hello! I’m hoping to find (I don’t know how) lamortefille, laphon1 and BoskyDragon at least. I remember them well; we always had a good time. There were others but I’m blanking on their names until I see them. But I happy you came in! Hugs!
              PhoenixTears (aka PT)🌻

etruscan
              Participant

According to the Members List, lamortefille and laphon1 are still on the Forum but not very active. You could always try sending a message and see whether you get a response.

Members List is near the bottom of the drop-down box under Community. The “Members” page has a “Search Members” box in the upper right corner.

When you have found the member you are searching for – click on the name.

That will take you to the member’s Forum page. There is a link to send a private Forum message.

As an example, here is a link to lamortefille’s Forum page:
                https://windstoneeditions.com/members/lamortefille/

PhoenixTears
                Participant

You are most helpful & kind! Thank you for this info (& that link). I “might” be better at navigating here on the computer like I use to but sitting in that chair for a time is painful. So I’ve returned so far only via my phone (which can be a headache in and of itself)!

But I’ll definitely refer back to your directions here. I had been wanting to see a list of names as I know I know more ppl. Again, thanks so much for taking time to help! I really appreciate it!

Bodine
                  Participant

Some members changed their forum name when the forum switched over.Ex:Meowmix is now Landipan but I believe most of the long time members remained the same.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

PhoenixTears
                    Participant

Yes! I can see that. I was kindly given a link to forum members but the amount is so much more than when I was very active here! I did reconnect with a friend through PM tho so that’s terrific. But thanks for the info. I just have to take time scrolling through that list.

StormDancer
                      Participant

You’ll get there and things were a big change for us all when they switched the forum platform.
                        Don’t stress, you will get everything figured out in your own time.
                        There are a lot of rules but basically it all comes down to respect each other and treat everyone with politeness. Which you already do, so I don’t foresee you having any problems.
                        So, deeep breaths and it will all work out as it should!
                        Again, welcome back!

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

PhoenixTears
                        Participant

Awe, thank you dearly for such support. People often don’t know how supportive, kind words can go a long way. Thank you🌻

Natasha
                          Participant

Awe, thank you dearly for such support. People often don’t know how supportive, kind words can go a long way. Thank you🌻

As someone who only has a computer at work, I use my phone for almost everything on here. It’s mostly ok, BUT I would suggest trying to crop your pics before loading them. Making them a nice smaller cropped square makes it less likely they will turn up sideways 😂

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

PhoenixTears
                            Participant

As someone who only has a computer at work, I use my phone for almost everything on here. It’s mostly ok, BUT I would suggest trying to crop your pics before loading them. Making them a nice smaller cropped square makes it less likely they will turn up sideways 😂

Good call! But the phone is too confusing & pics will be (or already have been) photographed by a professional camera, not a phone. Hence I’ll be doing it via a computer. I think it’ll be easier for me.

Do ppl selling still share multiple photos (including felt) of each item in a post? That’s going to take up a lot of memory here. That’s why I’m browsing through the Classifieds (& drooling knowing I see pieces I’d LOVE to have but can no longer even shoot for them & am here to sell, eventually) to see how ppl with multiple pieces show pix & word their ads. Lots of learning.

Natasha
                              Participant

Good call! But the phone is too confusing & pics will be (or already have been) photographed by a professional camera, not a phone. Hence I’ll be doing it via a computer. I think it’ll be easier for me.

Do ppl selling still share multiple photos (including felt) of each item in a post? That’s going to take up a lot of memory here. That’s why I’m browsing through the Classifieds (& drooling knowing I see pieces I’d LOVE to have but can no longer even shoot for them & am here to sell, eventually) to see how ppl with multiple pieces show pix & word their ads. Lots of learning.

I definitely find the new pic system much clunkier than the old one. Honestly, most people try to show all angles, then just put a message saying to PM if more pics are needed. I usually try to get my front/back/sides pics up.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                Mother: Okapi
                                Gothic - Mahogany
                                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

PhoenixTears
                                Participant

I definitely find the new pic system much clunkier than the old one. Honestly, most people try to show all angles, then just put a message saying to PM if more pics are needed. I usually try to get my front/back/sides pics up.

Great info, thanks for being so helpful. If they need more pix, it would go to PM but have to go to email since you can’t share pix in PMs, which I don’t know why. But either way, we’ll see what happens. I want to remain as thorough & flexible as I use to be!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.