fbpx

S.F. Bay area sale

Home Forums Administration Flea Market S.F. Bay area sale

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Kasie
    Participant

DragonsCavern wrote:

I wonder if we called him and offered him some more, plus shipping charges (just a thought) that he might be MORE willing to accept a MO or cahiers check from one of us?? Just an idea….let me know, I’d be willing to call.

I was on the phone with this guy for 20 min and he will absolutly only take cash in hand. Believe me, I tried!

Kasie
      Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

AdaraSky wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

Hey Emerald! I called the guy this evening; he says the Mouse is in white. πŸ˜€ He’s still looking for $40 for it.[/quote
        Thanks for calling him, I thought he said peacock.

Ack, 😳 I didn’t mean to be so gauche, AdaraSky. Sorry. Actually I’d called to ask about one of the other figures, but he’d already sold everything but the Mouse and the large wizard. When he said the Mouse was in white, I remembered that Emerald had been looking for one, and tossed off a post without rereading the thread. 😳
        No sorry needed! πŸ˜€

AdaraSky wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I wonder if we called him and offered him some more, plus shipping charges (just a thought) that he might be MORE willing to accept a MO or cahiers check from one of us?? Just an idea….let me know, I’d be willing to call.

I was on the phone with this guy for 20 min and he will absolutly only take cash in hand. Believe me, I tried!

WOW he must have been REALLY “screwed over” πŸ™ πŸ˜• . Well, I guess I am going to have to wait to get the Wizard then. I am 9 hours away from S.F., I used to live up in Mtn.View. I know the drive from here like the back of my hand…but with gas prices, there is NO way I can go up there and back…even though I would LOVE to go on a road trip πŸ˜€ ! And I can since I dont have a job right now πŸ˜• 😯
        UNLESS someone is willing to go halves on gas! 😯 πŸ˜†

Thanks for the info Adara, save me the embarassing phone call. πŸ™„ 😳

I just noticed an add that the guy put up on craigslist;
        http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/603467506.html
        “….$250 cash or USPS money order / Shipping extra. Call Jeff @ (925)-876-5384”
        So he sounds like hes willing to ship now if you have a money order.

VampireBiscuits wrote:

I just noticed an add that the guy put up on craigslist;
        http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/603467506.html
        “….$250 cash or USPS money order / Shipping extra. Call Jeff @ (925)-876-5384”
        So he sounds like hes willing to ship now if you have a money order.

Awesome! Thanks VB! πŸ˜€

Bob

I’m talking to the guy now and the only Windstones he has left are the Large Peacock Wizard and the Old Green Mother and she has some chips on her tail he is asking $50 for her. I have PM’d about the large peacock Wizard to DC already. I can pick them up after work on the way home
          Sorry Emerald the white mouse wizard is sold, well I’m actually getting it since I’m trying to also get them all sorry!!
          He wants $200 for the Large Peacocok Wizard and the Emerald Mother is $50 and has a few chips on her tail. He said the feds took his savings account so maybe he owed taxes and just need the money to make ends meet

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/36064

wolflodge100
          Participant

I have been emailing him for 3 days about the mouse wizard trying to figure out how to get there to pick him up πŸ™ Oh well, *sigh* congrats DM

Jodi
            Participant

Oh, well. I’ll get one eventually, maybe when I have more money to pay for it.

Bob

Thanks!! Sorry guys!! I have been wanting the 2 missing mouse wizards since I got the Peacock one about 15 months ago

Kasie
                Participant

I just have to say that I am pissed! I called this guy and tried to get him to take a postal money order or a cashiers check and he wouldn’t budge! So I go out of my way to put his $#!^ on here to help out to find anyone who lived in his area and then he goes ahead and does this. This is bull! Emerald, I’m sorry you didn’t get your white mouse, I was hoping you would get it somehow. I’ll keep my eye out for you. Now that this happened, I wish I would of never posted his stuff on here! 😑 I might just give this guy a call back a give a very large piece of my mind!!!!!!!

scorpiolady21
                  Participant

TOTALLY not about this but since it’s hot. There are alot of new Windstone auctions on Ebay. An antique place has listed some good items for 9.99 starting bid including an Emerald Emperor. I forget what else they listed but go look! πŸ˜€

Looking for White Dragons! Grail includes the White Secret Keeper!

Bob

OK Please do not go yelling or calling him. I stopped by and MUCH to my surprise even though he said he was a collector and know about Windstones he must have been blind. He told me the White Mouse Wizard was mint on the phone. He is missing his left foot and needs some paint behind his left ear. He also had something written on the felt pad at one time that has not been blacked out with a marker. I did get him for $40. I will have to see how much Kyrin would charge to fix him up.The LARGE wizard looks to be in PERFECT condition and he wants $200 and would not budge on that price. This is the LARGE wizard not the small one. If I remeber correctly he wants $60 for the Emerald Mother Dragon but she has some repair work needed on the tail scales
                      The guy told me the IRS took all the money he had in his bank account and he had to close it. Since he can’t cash a check without going to a check cashing place they would take a LARGE % of the money I think his request sounds very fair. He also had to close his Paypal account since he no longer has a bank account. I don’t know why they took the money but they did. He is a victom of this horribel economy and did not have a lot of furniture in his house either. He is also selling some of his pewter pieces. He has hit very hard times.
                      Everything was on the up and up an I know if I had to sell off my percious Windstones and had this happen to me I would ask for cash also

If the repair cost is too high for me I will be willing to sell him for what I paid plus shipping but beware he is NOT MINT!! Even with the damage $40 sounded fair and I did not want him to change the price so I grabbed it

Kasie
                      Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

OK Please do not go yelling or calling him. I stopped by and MUCH to my surprise even though he said he was a collector and know about Windstones he must have been blind. He told me the White Mouse Wizard was mint on the phone. He is missing his left foot and needs some paint behind his left ear. He also had something written on the felt pad at one time that has not been blacked out with a marker. I did get him for $40. I will have to see how much Kyrin would charge to fix him up.The LARGE wizard looks to be in PERFECT condition and he wants $200 and would not budge on that price. This is the LARGE wizard not the small one. If I remeber correctly he wants $60 for the Emerald Mother Dragon but she has some repair work needed on the tail scales
                        The guy told me the IRS took all the money he had in his bank account and he had to close it. Since he can’t cash a check without going to a check cashing place they would take a LARGE % of the money I think his request sounds very fair. He also had to close his Paypal account since he no longer has a bank account. I don’t know why they took the money but they did. He is a victom of this horribel economy and did not have a lot of furniture in his house either. He is also selling some of his pewter pieces. He has hit very hard times.
                        Everything was on the up and up an I know if I had to sell off my percious Windstones and had this happen to me I would ask for cash also

If the repair cost is too high for me I will be willing to sell him for what I paid plus shipping but beware he is NOT MINT!! Even with the damage $40 sounded fair and I did not want him to change the price so I grabbed it

No, I will go yelling and calling if I choose to do so. I know about his IRS problems and the whole 9 yards already. It doesn’t matter to me if you stopped by there, what matters to me is he told me one thing and the next day he goes to Craigslists and redoes his listing to accept a money order! You know what, it’s not even worth it! Subject is dropped! I’m over it. Have a nice day πŸ˜€

Bob

Sorry I did not understand that part

OK I’m not really sure how to handle this BUT is anyone interested in the White Mouse Wizard for the $40 plus shipping??

I really only want Mint pieces but it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up last night and I got a GUT feeling that if I passed it up I would regret it

As a collector I have to say it is NOT mint. The left foot is missing and he needs some paint in that area on his robe and behind his left ear by the looks of it
                          The guy also had written his name and his girlfriends name on the felt pad and used a black marker to black them out. He actually said you can probably use bleach to remove it. YEAH right and eat away at the Gypsum!!

Sorry for all the confusion this has caused but if you are interested
                          PLEASE PM ME IF YOUA RE INTERESTED!!

scorpiolady21 wrote:

TOTALLY not about this but since it’s hot. There are alot of new Windstone auctions on Ebay. An antique place has listed some good items for 9.99 starting bid including an Emerald Emperor. I forget what else they listed but go look! πŸ˜€

I saw that too ScorpioLady! Cool HUH?? πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.