fbpx

Ryl's PYO silliness

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Ryl's PYO silliness

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

Both look great! The dragon is very cool, and I cNt wait to see your finished Ki-Rin. That’s a really lovely color scheme.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
      Blocked

I like the pink kirin! Very pretty!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
        Participant

I love me some pink/lavender! Super cute!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

rock-reader
          Participant

Beautifully done dragon! I really like the way you have done the scales.
            The Kirin is nice too but I like the dragon’s color palette better. Keep up the good work! (I know, I write in cliches but sometimes they are true).

Prezaurian
            Participant

The dragon and kirin turned out lovely. I especially like the warm and earthy colors of the kirin paired with the gold. Very nice!

Rylorien
              Participant

I finally got back around to working on this beastie. He’s more or less done. The eyes aren’t permanent because I’ve yet to decide whether or not to have custom ones made (the metallic tan don’t look bad but they aren’t quite what I felt they’d be either). The first picture is probably the most accurate in coloration, although you don’t really see the faint light pink in the nostrils and inner ears.

I also need to go back and finalize the clearcoating but I haven’t finished tweaking the antiquing of the mane. The darker tail and lower mane worked out okay but the blending on the mane (from pale tan to light pink to darker pinks) gets swamped by the darker antiquing color). I expect the furry bits to be matte finish with the scales being glossy or satin. I spent so much time blending into the chocolate points and lighter throat/cheek fur that I didn’t want to risk muddling the fur with antiquing.

I absolutely love how the scale staining turned out though. I debated trying to add the gold on the scales but went with antiquing to make it easier on my poor twitchy arms. And yes, it does have a bit of a pearly glow/sheen to it in the right light. ๐Ÿ˜€

Knowing me, he’ll probably not be permanently finished for awhile but at least I can set him aside and be mostly satisfied. Clearcoating suuuuucks on scales, especially when it’s matte being used–so many bubbles!

Mercury Star
                Participant

Oh wow, he came out great, Rylorien! Such a handsome fellow, love the gold antiquing in the scales!

Prezaurian
                  Participant

Very smooth looking! I really like the dusty purple/pink color you’ve got going on with this kirin. Really goes well with the golden and brown accents.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Beautifully Done! I love Rose & Tan color scheme – so wonderful for this sculpt. ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Rylorien
                      Participant

Thanks guys! ๐Ÿ™‚

Even though he didn’t quite end up as I pictured in my mind’s eye, I’m still really satisfied with how he turned out. I was actually working on him long before the dragon (yet the dragon was finished first) and a lot of trial and error went into this guy. It’s a nice, warm fuzzy feeling to get to this point and say “Yep, I did that. Go me.” ๐Ÿ˜€

Landipan
                        Participant

Awesome Kirin! I love pinky-lavender tones!

*Formerly meowmix101

Rylorien
                          Participant

Here’s my latest project. Pele is not quite finished as of yet; she needs touch-ups and clearcoating to be done. I also can’t decide what I want to do about her eye color. It’s not a great photo as my phone’s camera is poop (you lose some of the finer detailing/colors). I’m really happy with how she turned out, even though she won’t be finished soon due to me being out of town for the next three weeks. Next I’m planning to finish another dragon, then have to make the tough decision as to whether to tackle the new pyo oriental or the hippocampus whom came along for the ride.

etruscan
                            Participant

Very nice! I like the colors of the hippocampus combined with the “pumice” effect of the rock.

Landipan
                              Participant

LOVE the way the color swirl on the body of the tail, very nice!!

*Formerly meowmix101

dragonmedley
                                Participant

I’d go with orange eyes or yellow to match the tail/mane and for contrast with the black.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.