fbpx

Robert Jordan???

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Robert Jordan???

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I feel so guilty being glad that the series may finally have an ending. eek. but, yay.
    Still sad he’s gone.

That’s awful, I started reading the series last year and I’m alread so connected to all the characters in Robert Jordan’s world. But I think in stead of morning his death we should celebrate his life. So to Robert Jordan, bravo and thank you for every book, paragraph, and sentance.

“I depart as airโ€”
    I shake my white locks at the runaway sun;
    I effuse my flesh in eddies,
    and drift it in lacy jags.
    I bequeathe myself to the dirt,
    to grow from the grass I love;
    If you want me again,
    look for me under your boot-soles.
    You will hardly know who I am,
    or what I mean;
    But I shall be good health to you nevertheless, And filter and fibre your blood.
    Failing to fetch me at first,
    keep encouraged;
    Missing me one place,
    search another;
    I stop somewhere,
    waiting for you.”

Walt Whitman

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I had a friend introduce me to The Wheel of Time back when I was in college. He gave me the first book for my birthday and I left it sitting on my shelf for a few years before I read it. I got hooked pretty fast and zoomed through the first four books. I got bogged down in the fifth one and then things picked up until I got to book 8. I never did finish that one so I haven’t read the ones that came next. I appreciate what he was trying to do but he just had too many characters he was trying to juggle between. I may have to give the books another try here in a bit, especially if the book he was working on when he died is truly the end of the series.

I have to say I like the soundtrack for the series that my husband and I found better than some of the books.

pegasi1978 wrote:

I have to say I like the soundtrack for the series that my husband and I found better than some of the books.

Teehee, the sountrack is ridiculous. ๐Ÿ˜† It’s like rock ‘n’ roll trying to be an epic ballad.

BipolarBear
      Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Teehee, the sountrack is ridiculous. ๐Ÿ˜† It’s like rock ‘n’ roll trying to be an epic ballad.

That actually sounds really good. I love rock ballads. Queen The Who’s tommy, the kinks Lola, stuff like that.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
        Engaged to a Weasel

Starbreeze
        Participant

I’ve never heard of the soundtrack…is it still around? ๐Ÿ˜•

Pegasi1978
          Participant

starbreeze wrote:

I’ve never heard of the soundtrack…is it still around? ๐Ÿ˜•

Yup yup. I don’t remember where my hubby and I picked it up, but you can get it from amazon.com.

Wow…that sucks! ๐Ÿ™

I knew it was coming…but still sad…I stopped on his 5th book, but will pick up again…

I think it’s kinda beautiful that he didn’t want anyone else corrupting his world….

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.