fbpx

Robert Jordan???

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Robert Jordan???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

IS IT TRUE?? Did he really die? I got an email this morning from Vantid, and I can’t believe it… anyone here know more??

Jasmine
    Participant

‘fraid so. You can check this link to a post made by his cousin:

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/

dragonmedley
      Participant

Oh, wow! That is very sad. I didn’t even know he was sick.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine
        Participant

He’s been sick for a long time. He almost didn’t finish his last book which came out last year. Of course now the series will never be finished…I think he’s said that he doesn’t want anyone else to write in his world.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Oh no!!! That’s awful!!!! πŸ™

Adaneth
            Participant

I feel bad for his family and his ardent fans. πŸ™ So close to completing that series!

lamortefille
              Participant

Very sad indeed….hopefully he left enough to be published somehow. It would be a shame for his fans to never know how it ends…

Can anyone tell me who Robert Jordan is?

He wrote The Wheel of Time series – about as complicated as you can get. I read the first 3 years ago and then some person felt it necessary to tell me “oh, so and so dies in the next book” πŸ‘Ώ So I waited and then forgot every character – I have to restart from the beginning. He was wrapping up the series – I think there was only supposed to be one more. πŸ˜₯

Truly one of the great fantasy writers.

Thanks, Jasmine!

Gosh… I remember hearing he was sick, but I didn’t realize how extensively. I’m going to miss him–that series is one of my favorites… First Madeleine L’Engle, now this. I just hope Ursula K. LeGuin lives long enough for me to get a chance (somehow) to meet her… She is also getting up there if I recall correctly.

Waah, all my favorite writers are dying! It’s a good thing the written word is essentially immortal. But I do wish Jordan had gotten a chance to finish the series!

Starbreeze
                Participant

That makes me wonder how Anne McCaffrey is doing…

Lokie
                  Participant

πŸ˜₯

πŸ™ No,nononononooooo
                    I can’t believe this. I’m so bummed now. It feels like all the characters have died with him. πŸ™

According to the article I read this morning, Robert left a detailed outline and a good portion of the final book written, and arranged for a ghost writer to finish it. So even though he can’t, we will see the final book in print.

So don’t despair just yet. Though I knew his publisher letting him write those Conan series before finishing Wheel was a bad idea.

Anyway, it’s a sad loss, but his work will live on, and hopefully we can get our paws on that final book soon.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.