fbpx

Red and Red/Gold Emperors…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red and Red/Gold Emperors…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Zelda wrote:

Here are some of the pics that I have, from few individuals, all of which seem to display different degrees of yellow-to-red shading. I don’t think they’re browns, there seems to be pink in them. They also seem to have darker blue eyes than the browm emperors I’ve seen. Here are two of the more red ones, I wish I would have had the money for them when I saw them once upon a time on ebay 🙁
    And there’s the ‘gold-orange’ too. He looks like he’s wearing armor plating!

The gold might be a repaint by the owner, since I’ve only seen it once. Let me know what you guys think!
    I agree with everyone else.

Warning don’t click on the photos. A box came up and said it had spyware.

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Melody wrote:

Zelda wrote:

Hello! Over the years I’ve saved a lot of pictures of Windstone pieces from ebay and such places. Roaming through my folders, I came across a few emperor dragons painted in mostly orange and red, with sky blue eyes and jewels. I also have a picture of a darker version of this paint scheme with golden belly, shoulder, and arm scales. I was curious about this coloration as it’s very striking.

When were these big fellas made, and were there ever plans for the rest of the dragon family in this color? Thanks! The bottom two are Old Browns. They all had violet interference paint on them, don’t ask me why. It photos weird. I don’t know what the top pic is of. It isn’t a color I recognise.
      Does anyone know when the Old Browns were retired? I think the Astral Castle website has the retire dates. I don’t remember.

For the Brown Emperors they (Astral Castle) list 1993. I’ve gone through at one point and compiled a list from Astral Castle with the retired pieces and years since the list on the Windstone Web site was incomplete. Would you be interested in having that?

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Zelda wrote:

Thanks Nambroth! With the interference being picked up, the brown doesn’t show up very strongly. So were only the older browns given this interference color? The new browns don’t seem to have any. Thanks again!

Only the brown emperors (and green emperors) had interference paint on them. I guess it’s a royalty thing. 😉

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Arlla
        Participant

BT had two brown emps up that didn’t have the interference color on them. They were preeeeeeetty. Nice solid brown like everybody else.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.