Red and Red/Gold Emperors…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red and Red/Gold Emperors…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

Hello! Over the years I’ve saved a lot of pictures of Windstone pieces from ebay and such places. Roaming through my folders, I came across a few emperor dragons painted in mostly orange and red, with sky blue eyes and jewels. I also have a picture of a darker version of this paint scheme with golden belly, shoulder, and arm scales. I was curious about this coloration as it’s very striking.

When were these big fellas made, and were there ever plans for the rest of the dragon family in this color? Thanks!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Zelda
      Participant

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Purplecat
        Participant

Wow, do you have any pics to post? I’d love to get a peek! 😀

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Sounds like a brown emperor to me, maybe with weird lighting?

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bob

that is what I was thinking

Zelda
              Participant

Here are some of the pics that I have, from few individuals, all of which seem to display different degrees of yellow-to-red shading. I don’t think they’re browns, there seems to be pink in them. They also seem to have darker blue eyes than the browm emperors I’ve seen. Here are two of the more red ones, I wish I would have had the money for them when I saw them once upon a time on ebay 🙁
                And there’s the ‘gold-orange’ too. He looks like he’s wearing armor plating!

The gold might be a repaint by the owner, since I’ve only seen it once. Let me know what you guys think!

SPark
                Participant

That first one is almost certainly a repaint, but the next two photos look like a brown one in weird lighting.

Although on second thought… what color interference paint did the brown dragons get? That one might be a repaint too, or some older version, because I thought the brown emperors had some blue intereference? Or am I thinking of the greens?

Bob

the 2nd one looks like my brown Emperor an I’m the original owner of his so he has not been repainted. The Green Emperor’s have the blue. The 2nd pic looks real the 3rd looks REAL purple to me and something does not seem right. the first pic is way to light for me to realy make out the colors to know for sure

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

That 1st one looks like a pretty cool repaint, but the other 2 are brown emperors most definately. Is it me or does that fist one have a very similar color pattern to the 1st Secret Keeper color???? Or like a Russet Flame or something. Looks pretty sweet actually.

As for the brown ones, the one in th emiddle looks pretty plain, but I’m pretty sure they have different paint like the green emperors do, which photographed well in the last pic.
                      btweddingcreations has one for sale. They were the first Emperors around if I’m not mistaken.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Editions-Original-Brown-Emperor-Dragon-RARE_W0QQitemZ270095690946QQcategoryZ35873QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(unless Melody has some more secrets hiding in the factory I don’t know about, hehe )

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                      Participant

That repaint scheme is pretty neat!

Skigod377
                        Participant

Yup. I agree. The first is def a repaint, but looks pretty dang cool. The second and third both look like regular brown emporers. I have seen colors like those before. Preeeety. 🙂

Jodi
                          Participant

I think the second and third one look different from each other because of the difference in lighting.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

The second two are old brown emperors. They had (I think) either pink or purple interference, which causes them to look reddish with certain lighting.
                              The first photo is pretty bad so I can’t tell what’s going on, but it does look like possibly a repaint.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Zelda
                              Participant

Thanks Nambroth! With the interference being picked up, the brown doesn’t show up very strongly. So were only the older browns given this interference color? The new browns don’t seem to have any. Thanks again!

Melody
                                Keymaster

Zelda wrote:

Hello! Over the years I’ve saved a lot of pictures of Windstone pieces from ebay and such places. Roaming through my folders, I came across a few emperor dragons painted in mostly orange and red, with sky blue eyes and jewels. I also have a picture of a darker version of this paint scheme with golden belly, shoulder, and arm scales. I was curious about this coloration as it’s very striking.

When were these big fellas made, and were there ever plans for the rest of the dragon family in this color? Thanks! The bottom two are Old Browns. They all had violet interference paint on them, don’t ask me why. It photos weird. I don’t know what the top pic is of. It isn’t a color I recognise.
                                  Does anyone know when the Old Browns were retired? I think the Astral Castle website has the retire dates. I don’t remember.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.