Re-Opening for Small Jobs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Re-Opening for Small Jobs

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Update : currently finishing up a job for a local friend involving several pieces. Should be done by the end of this week.

After that I have a White Lap with the horn busted out of the non show side to finish up. Then a Green Mother Dragon to refresh, and an ebay Emperor with multiple issues.

After the fall I will be closing up until spring. I find it very difficult to do repairs in the cold months, especially once it snows. It’s just way too cold to work in my studio and my cats make things impossible at home. (they are quite naughty and need to mess with EVERYTHING I am doing at all times) Small repairs are doable, but major ones will have to be put in a wait list for spring time.

Thank you everyone for your continued support. You’ve all certainly kept me busy and I am happy to be able to bring your pretties back to life <3

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Quick update.

White Lap has gone back home to her mom. Waiting on Green Mother arrival and I haven’t tackled the Emperor yet. I have vacation coming up Christmas week so if it isn’t too too cold I may bang out those two and get the repair room cleared for reopening in Spring.

If you have a Windstone that needs repair feel free to contact me here or email me directly. I’m happy to quote you, for larger repairs I will reopen in Spring. Small jobs, knicks, chips, etc I am still taking on a limited basis. Dismembered pieces can still be mailed, but they won’t be worked on until Spring do to temperature restrictions in my work space. Small repairs though I can do home on the couch, battling the kitties off of me as I work. Larger repairs just take up too much space in my living room and I can’t trust my felines to keep their paws off!

Also a large White Wizard was donated to me a while ago. I fixed him up for the most part… kitties were chasing each other and when they ran across the coffee table down he went again. Thank God it didn’t belong to a customer! x.x

So now he is in 3 large pieces yet again. Surprisingly none of my previous repairs broke though! So I will fix him (again) and plan to either raffle him to one lucky member or start a “pay it forward” raffle, depending on how things go. Not sure what I’m allowed or not allowed to do and I haven’t asked yet.

I’ll pop in now in then. I get PM notifications so if you need me then PM me. I don’t follow up on the forum chat as much as I used to.
        Have a great Holiday Season everyone!

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

It’s been quite a little while since my last update. I hadn’t exactly reopened for repairs yet, but I did a couple here and there while I was closed up for the winter anyway. The Green/Emerald Mother Dragon is complete as well as the Emperor by Olimpia Carpia. I will be posting photos of that one before I ship it back out to the owner. I also received a Castle (I forget which one it is) that I will be working on a bit. Once that is done I will probably be opening back up in April for new customers.

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Nightcrow
          Participant

Thanks for posting the update!

I have a couple of pieces who need small repairs, but March is going to be a month with a lot of expenses so April might be perfect. I’ll keep an eye on this thread!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Sure thing Nightcrow.

Well… I’d LIKE to add the pictures of the Emperor I just finished fixing, but the files are all too big to post. When I have more free time I’ll have to resize them all.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

received_2359849740713837

received_823405571326125

received_410267443042332

Before photos provided by the commissioner… because I always forget to take them myself

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Aaaaaaaand all fixed

received_439792963495309

received_330391367589215

received_594737924323348

received_390961891482694

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Wow, he’s absolutely stunning! Is that one of the “Copper Gold” test paints from a few years ago? He’s so lovely.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

etruscan
                    Participant

Wow – he looks great. Your skill at matching paint is amazing!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Trade secret LOL

Honestly I guess I just have a good eye for mixing paint. I can usually pick a few colors off my rack and get a match pretty quick. It helps I have about 500 different paints now. Also a good base color really helps. I used a really dark umber to begin with and built the metallic up on top of that with only 3 or 4 different coppers and golds. Then antiqued him again in the really dark umber color I based him in and resealed the entire piece.

The key for me is I’m very good at blending paint without the use of an airbrush. If you think of when you have a car that gets damaged and then an auto body place has to paint just a section of the car and blend it into the original color (because it’s almost impossible to get a flawless match due to UV rays, etc. fading the paint slightly) You get some paint jobs that are really noticeable and patchy, meaning whoever did them obviously wasn’t skilled at blending the colors together and just blotched the paint on. Versus you get those ones that are blended so well you can’t tell where the repair begins and the original color ends. That’s what I try to achieve.

He is one of the Olympia Copper Gold Dragons. Not my cup of tea color wise but I love those eyes.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

merrillannwhite
                        Participant

Excellent color matching, and I agree with you about the eyes. Those are really neat!

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

Stunning Drag0nfeathers!!!
                            You are amazing!!!

Bodine
                            Participant

Well done!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

So just a small update. I have 2 more repairs done and shipped back to the owner. (A Lap and a Pebble Fox) but I didn’t even take before and after pics. I literally have so many repair pictures on my phone I don’t even bother anymore unless they’re very extensive. If the owner wants to share pics when they arrive then by all means, please feel free to post.

Also got 2 more done, a Male Pegasus and a White Male Dragon that had very minor issues and waiting for pick up for Lisa Z who will be bringing me a Young Uni to fix for another member. Also waiting for something to arrive from Etruscan I think and another fellow is going to drop an old Hatchling off at my job on Thursday.

As of right now (at least for a few days) I have nothing to work on which is an event in and of itself. I have a super busted giant Wizard that was donated to me so maybe if I am feeling ambitious I will finally fix that, but with this weather I am thinking maybe I will enjoy two days of a repair free household!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

etruscan
                                Participant

Yes, you are scheduled to get two items from me. I missed the mailing target of last week, but they are on track to go out to you this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.