Random story, round robin style Rules on First Post!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Random story, round robin style Rules on First Post!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

answering that quiet voice..the one in her head.She could faintly hear it but she could feel it,sense it deep in her soul.Some far away call,pushing her onward.She couldn’t quite make it out but it drove her forward.What was it trying to tell her?Where was she?Her memory was vague but she remembered his touch.Was this all just a dream? She felt so lost and alone.How she missed her loved one.If it were not for that little voice she could not identify in herself,she would have just stayed there under that tree in the deep quiet of the forest all around… but it wouldn’t let her.The sunshine and warmth faded away swiftly as the night came upon her all too soon. She knew she must go.Night had come and she had to leave the comfort of the forest. She walked on,slowly at first,watching the night grow deeper as the sun set low in the horizon.Suddenly,out of nowhere,a huge rush of wind ,chilling her to the bones….

blew her skirt up around her face. Why wouldnt this skirt stay in place?? Pushing down her skirt, she walked on, trying to ignore the occasional rush of wind and the feeling of being followed. She glanced behind her and still, nothing. She continued on with the sense of being stalked. Walking on through the dark of night, she came upon a village. “A village?” Calling it a village would be too generous, dont you think?” What?? She can hear me?? Am I the voice in her head?? What the hell…My wings stilled as I soared above her, coasting….

Skigod377
      Participant

Uh-oh… *silence*…Did I wreck it?? 🙁 Or is everyone just waiting for someone else to chime in? I can delete. I have never done this before.

LadyFirebird
        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Uh-oh… *silence*…Did I wreck it?? 🙁 Or is everyone just waiting for someone else to chime in? I can delete. I have never done this before.

No, No! No deletions allowed! It sometimes takes a while for the Muse to start working! If you delete, it would destroy the whole purpose of this! Sometimes the brains just can’t come up with anything so please don’t ever feel you ‘wrecked’ anything!

Bodine
          Participant

I’m still around too. 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

machineguts
            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

answering that quiet voice..the one in her head.She could faintly hear it but she could feel it,sense it deep in her soul.Some far away call,pushing her onward.She couldn’t quite make it out but it drove her forward.What was it trying to tell her?Where was she?Her memory was vague but she remembered his touch.Was this all just a dream? She felt so lost and alone.How she missed her loved one.If it were not for that little voice she could not identify in herself,she would have just stayed there under that tree in the deep quiet of the forest all around… but it wouldn’t let her.The sunshine and warmth faded away swiftly as the night came upon her all too soon. She knew she must go.Night had come and she had to leave the comfort of the forest. She walked on,slowly at first,watching the night grow deeper as the sun set low in the horizon.Suddenly,out of nowhere,a huge rush of wind ,chilling her to the bones….

blew her skirt up around her face. Why wouldnt this skirt stay in place?? Pushing down her skirt, she walked on, trying to ignore the occasional rush of wind and the feeling of being followed. She glanced behind her and still, nothing. She continued on with the sense of being stalked. Walking on through the dark of night, she came upon a village. “A village?” Calling it a village would be too generous, dont you think?” What?? She can hear me?? Am I the voice in her head?? What the hell…My wings stilled as I soared above her, coasting….

She shrugged and moved forward, cautiously nearing the village. Leaves and twigs snapped under her feet, while cast shadows glided over her face in a blanket of soft moonlight.

As she reached the outskirts, it quickly became very apparent that this was no ordinary village. Every structure was a glowing orb of light, hovering just above the dusty ground. They were not transparent however, and each one had windows of peculiar shapes and sizes. There was an atrium central to the village, built on four towering columns of blue light. A small set of marble-like stairs led to the entrance of the atrium, and beyond that the most spectacular monument she had ever seen. Its stone was like that of the stairs, its bared teeth glistening against jostling reflections of water at its feet. Each talon was taller than herself, and its wings formed a canopy over the entire village. She shuddered.

A great noise crashed from the trees above, slamming into the ground behind her.

“So glad you could join us,” the creature hissed.

Bodine
              Participant

more,more….muse is busy elsewhere… 😀

Skigod377
                Participant

Ooh Nice! 🙂

Im just not sure about ettiquet so I didnt want to mess anything up unintentionally. 🙂

machineguts
                  Participant

Hehe me neither, I saw what was last written and just rolled with it. 😀

Bodine
                    Participant

roll baby roll!!! Let the muse move your soul… 😀

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

roll baby roll!!! Let the muse move your soul… 😀

LoL what she said! Ski, there really is no “etiquite” perse, it’s just write write write and see where it goes, yes sometimes there will be a gap in time for the story, just remember, the muse has to sleep some time, so if no one posts for a couple days don’t worry! And yes, no deleting alowed!

This is getting awesomer you guys, keep going!

NirvanaCat13
                        Participant

machineguts wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

She shrugged and moved forward, cautiously nearing the village. Leaves and twigs snapped under her feet, while cast shadows glided over her face in a blanket of soft moonlight.

As she reached the outskirts, it quickly became very apparent that this was no ordinary village. Every structure was a glowing orb of light, hovering just above the dusty ground. They were not transparent however, and each one had windows of peculiar shapes and sizes. There was an atrium central to the village, built on four towering columns of blue light. A small set of marble-like stairs led to the entrance of the atrium, and beyond that the most spectacular monument she had ever seen. Its stone was like that of the stairs, its bared teeth glistening against jostling reflections of water at its feet. Each talon was taller than herself, and its wings formed a canopy over the entire village. She shuddered.

A great noise crashed from the trees above, slamming into the ground behind her.

The lights the enveloped the structures around her slowly dimmed revealing more of their form as she stared in mute astonishment at the scaled manlike creature rising to it’s full height. It was HIM, her lover, her companion that she thought she had lost in the caves. But he was no longer human…She noticed now as she looked him over that his body was not covered in scales, but rather feathers. Some of them looked like they were hard like scales but they were distinctly feathers, and they covered his entire body except for his feet which were like raptor tallons, no longer human in structure or appearance. He held out a hand to her, this at least was still human, but covered in a rough bumpy skin with hard calloses at the balls of the palm and the tips of the fingers, from which protruded great glossy black talons. So not so human after all….he had become a giant predator bird that walked upright like the human he had once been.

“Darrok….? Is that….you…?” She looked uncertantly at the outstretched claw.

“I am no longer this Darrok, he….faded….when you left him for dead. I am his superiorities, in a….magnificent new form…. But enough of that you are to come with me.”

Desperate to get a better grip on the situation and quite wary of going anywhere with anyone in this strange place, she looked around, desperately trying to find a question that she thought this stern faced creature would actualy answer….

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

machineguts wrote:

The lights the enveloped the structures around her slowly dimmed revealing more of their form as she stared in mute astonishment at the scaled manlike creature rising to it’s full height. It was HIM, her lover, her companion that she thought she had lost in the caves. But he was no longer human…She noticed now as she looked him over that his body was not covered in scales, but rather feathers. Some of them looked like they were hard like scales but they were distinctly feathers, and they covered his entire body except for his feet which were like raptor tallons, no longer human in structure or appearance. He held out a hand to her, this at least was still human, but covered in a rough bumpy skin with hard calloses at the balls of the palm and the tips of the fingers, from which protruded great glossy black talons. So not so human after all….he had become a giant predator bird that walked upright like the human he had once been.

“Darrok….? Is that….you…?” She looked uncertantly at the outstretched claw.

“I am no longer this Darrok, he….faded….when you left him for dead. I am his superiorities, in a….magnificent new form…. But enough of that you are to come with me.”

Desperate to get a better grip on the situation and quite wary of going anywhere with anyone in this strange place, she looked around, desperately trying to find a question that she thought this stern faced creature would actualy answer….

No question came and she stood there staring at this clawed hand. She reached forward but then her hand dropped. She couldn’t….hold that hand in it’s present form.

“Very well,” said the creature and he turned his back and crouched.

He wanted her to climb up on his back. Again she stood there and then slowly made her way through the rough feathers until she was sitting between his wings. At once he took off, too quickly, and her mind spun and the lights of the village twirled like a carnival ride. She cautiously crept to peer over his shoulder. Amazingly through they were gaining height she did not feel as though she would be blown away. Just a slight breeze that rustled her skirt over her head. She looked down at the village and was surprised to see that it was no small village indeed! As far as she could see, those orb lights filled the landscape like stars in the Milky Way.

Then up ahead was that magnificant monument. She held her breath as they neared closer and closer. So many questions now came into her head. Was this actually Darrok? Is this what he became after she fled that cave? Is he really….gone? Whatever the answer she felt this creature she now rode had the answers or could lead her to them. The bright lights of the monument now shown brightly upon them and she stared straight ahead intently. The creature banked to the right which made her feel light headed. She felt the answers to her questions were in that monument. Her eyes glazed over as she stared into eternity….

Bodine
                            Participant

unconciously feeling her body relaxing into this frighteningly,wonderful beings powerful body as it turned again,away from the intimidating figure waiting in the night.They soared effortlessly through the night sky.She was alarmed and comforted by what her eyes were beholding.She could see far and wide in a wierd kind of way.Further than she had ever been able to see,even from the hightest mountain top looming over her home village.She struggled to focas clearly,only to realize she was seeing through another’s eyes.It was oddly familiar to her.That deep calling in her soul stirred again as they soared together in the night.She struggled within herself trying to make sense of it all. “Relax”she heard in her mind.”Relax…and remember”She heard that voice in her head again,realizing it was Darrok’s.He was in her mind,speaking to her somehow,calming her,calling up lost sensations,pieces of memories floating through her mind both confusing and delighting every inch of her being.He turned again abrutly in the wind.She sailed with him,more confident as the flight continued,finding herself not wanting it to end.She tried to focas again.She could see it.That strange,threatening shape looming in the distance drawing ever so closer with each wing beat.She didn’t wish to go but he was taking her there. They both knew that there,there,they would …

Skigod377
                              Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

unconciously feeling her body relaxing into this frighteningly,wonderful beings powerful body as it turned again,away from the intimidating figure waiting in the night.They soared effortlessly through the night sky.She was alarmed and comforted by what her eyes were beholding.She could see far and wide in a wierd kind of way.Further than she had ever been able to see,even from the hightest mountain top looming over her home village.She struggled to focas clearly,only to realize she was seeing through another’s eyes.It was oddly familiar to her.That deep calling in her soul stirred again as they soared together in the night.She struggled within herself trying to make sense of it all. “Relax”she heard in her mind.”Relax…and remember”She heard that voice in her head again,realizing it was Darrok’s.He was in her mind,speaking to her somehow,calming her,calling up lost sensations,pieces of memories floating through her mind both confusing and delighting every inch of her being.He turned again abrutly in the wind.She sailed with him,more confident as the flight continued,finding herself not wanting it to end.She tried to focas again.She could see it.That strange,threatening shape looming in the distance drawing ever so closer with each wing beat.She didn’t wish to go but he was taking her there. They both knew that there,there,they would …

Finally come to the end of this flight… I had to pee. Upon landing we were greeted by the open doors of the huge monument. Darrok grasped my hand and led me through the gaping doors into the cool darkness. Inside, I noticed the dark, quiet stillness permeated the walls. I kept my breathing shallow so as not to disturb the silence. It was not to be, however; Into the entrance of the cavern hopped two beings. I had never seen their like. They were pure, fluffy white with round dicronic eyes. They ran upright but sat like puppies waiting on a treat. It was impossible to be fearful in their presence. They were just too freakin cute!! They ran up to me, sniffing and touching… I let my fingers trail thru the super-soft fur on their heads. “What are these creatures?” I asked Darrok. “They are ours.” He replied. I had no idea what to make of that so we continued on, the fluffies following behind….

It was dark inside the monument and the need to pee began to feel quite urgent. She spread her hands around her searching for a wall. Her hands touched smooth and clammy rock, she got the sense that she had been here before.
                                Pssst.
                                She stumbled,”Darrock?”
                                “Shut it.” Growled the monstrous bird man.
                                Turn left if you want to pee.
                                She turned left and stumbled over one of the fluffy beings, it let rip an indignant squeal and then started tearing around. The grating sound of stone against stone filled her ears and she was tumbling again. She heard the stone seal above her. Landing in a disheveled, and disoriented heap on the floor she was beginning to question her sanity but at least she seemed alone and at least she could pee in privacy.
                                As long as you don’t mind me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.