Rainbow Flegie (Wolfenmachine, this is for you!)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Rainbow Flegie (Wolfenmachine, this is for you!)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Something to bear in mind, while it sounds like the shipping ‘dilemma’ has been reduced, I find that newer sellers on eBay often mistakenly calculate their shipping incorrectly! In the past, I have found items that I wanted to bid on and the shipping was way overpriced. I contacted them and asked why shipping was $xx.xx and they were freaked out.. it was a mistake because they were new to the shipping calculator. We’ve actually seen this with sellers of Windstone items on probably over a dozen times in the past and have discussed it on the forum. All it takes is contacting them asking if the shipping is correct. If they say yes, then you know it’s shady… but people often make this mistake on eBay. I don’t know the seller or even what their ID is in this case, just wanted to paint that out.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Kristi
      Participant

I also zoomed in on the 4th pic, and I can’t tell if it’s glare or a chip, but look at the bottom right in the purple close to the crease. I’m just not sure. I’d definitely ask specific questions, as he said in the last auction it was BASICALLY in perfect condition. It either is or it isn’t, there’s no basically.

Tara
        Participant

I got an online estimate on how much it would cost to ship a fedgie from Canada to the US. The price was hugely dependent on the size and weight of the box. A regular parcel was around $30 but if you have a small and light enough box you could ship it as a small parcel for around $12-15. With the fledgie it’d be really close as to whether it’s a small parcel or not. The dimensions have to add up to 90cm or less(approx 3ft) and it has to weight less than 1kg (approx 2.2lbs), which is what I used for my estimate. Based on this, his price for shipping to the US is reasonable if he double boxes and the dimensions and/or weight of the box he ships the fledgie in is too big/heavy to be shipped as a small parcel. That said his shipping calculator is wrong for shipping to Canada. It says he’s in BC but the fledgie would ship to Canada via USPS instead of Canada post. 🙄

Oh, and I can see no chips in any of the pictures. The white spots in the pictures look to me like glare from the camera.

Elena
          Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

Yeah, I just got a quote to Canada on a male kirin for $27… sounds padded, but maybe not enough for eBay to pursue.

Actually that’s about right to send something the size of a KiRin to Canada. Most packages I have received from the States have shipping between $20-$35, depending on the sculpt (shipping for my SK was painfull). Average is about $32. Coming from Canada is about the same. Most people don’t realize that Canadapost doesn’t have flat rate shipping (have actually been told I charge too much, and not nicely, by several people and now put a link to the canadapost website in my auctions) everything is by size, weight and destination

Syn
            Participant

Looks like a chip to me, as if the top of the scale was sheared off.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Weird place for a chip though? Maybe it’s a shiny!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Hmm. I don’t see it :shrug: . It just looks like glare. But I have been wrong before…

Anna
                  Participant

I thought it look kinda like a chip, but seeing it blown up makes it look like just a glare to me. Did anyone try just asking the seller?

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Wow Im just now seeing this thread. Thanks for pointing him out, Tethra ^_^ Thats sweet of you to think of me.

In light of what others have been saying, something else to consider-if the seller is saying, for example, the windstone is $50 and shipping is $50 (when in reality, its maybe $20 or so) The seller will likely only insure the item for what you paid. So while you’re thinking that for $19.99 (I know its higher than that now) plus $30 shipping is still a bargain, worst case scenario, if something happens, you’re out the charge for shipping, most likely

Kujacker
                      Participant

StellarWing wrote:

I thought it look kinda like a chip, but seeing it blown up makes it look like just a glare to me. Did anyone try just asking the seller?

Someone had asked him on his previous auction. I believe they said “basically perfect condition”. However, as we’ve all witnessed before, people call windstones “perfect” only to receive them and see that they are far from perfect.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.