fbpx

Rainbow Flegie (Wolfenmachine, this is for you!)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Rainbow Flegie (Wolfenmachine, this is for you!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Tethra
    Participant

There is apparently a rainbow flegie on ebay at the moment (16 h to go). The pic is misleading as it is showing a peacock flegie not a rainbow. The owner insists it is a rainbow that he/she has and that the pic is wrong. The owner is also stating that it it in perfect condition. (Why they didn’t post a pic of the actual item I’ll never know…) ๐Ÿ™„

I am putting this post out because I know Wolfenmachine has been looking for a rainbow flegie, and she was so nice in selling me her emp, so I thought I would let her (or anyone else looking for one) know if she sees this in time.

Wolfen, I don’t know if this is worth checking out, but I wanted to let you know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tethra

Tethra
      Participant

Jerusha
        Participant

Just to add a note: The starting price is $19.99, but also misleading, because they’re charging $49.95 for shipping. ๐Ÿ™

Tethra
          Participant

Thanks Jerusha.

Hmmm, it sounds like it could be dodgy. I thought I’d put it out there if anyone wanted to check it out.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

50 bucks to ship a fledgling ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ? Your kidding, right?
              Yeah, it does sound a bit ‘dodgy to me to :nea: .

darjeb
              Participant

Sounds a little flaky to me I would be a little leary of dealing with somebody like that

Jerusha
                Participant

I figure it’s the old bait-n-switch. You think you’re getting a good deal because it’s only $19.99, and you place your bid before checking on the shipping. The seller gets his $70 minimum, and you get jacked. Of course it totally backfires, because I bet he’d be up to $100 in bids by now if he’d just listed it for $10 shipping and $60 starting bid. Oh well… ๐Ÿ˜•

(I first saw this scam running last Christmas – fake prelit trees for as low as $10!!!!… but with shipping of $150….)

Kujacker
                  Participant

Both of this guys auctions have ridiculous shipping. Male dragons only cost something like $12 to ship, and I recall the Secret Keeper costing about $30 ship. I don’t understand why people can’t just be honest.

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

If you check the feedback, he hasn’t sold anything in the past 90 days (at least). I really want a rainbow fledgie too, but this auction scares me. It would be nice to at least have an actual photo.

Jerusha
                      Participant

Dude reposted the rainbow – this time he’s got pictures of the actual sculpt, he’s asking $24.99 starting bid, and he dropped shipping to $33.00. Shipping still seems like he’s trying to pad the winning price, but at least it’s a *little* better. Weird. Also, he’s saying the item is in excellent/perfect condition, but zoom in on pic#3 and it looks like there are a couple chips on the top of the left wing. Could be the flash from the camera though. ๐Ÿ˜•

LuvsDragons
                        Participant

I was thinking of bidding on it but I’m not sure what those would actually go for retail. does anyone know? I think the color is retired ๐Ÿ™„ . Bummer cuz I really love that color scheme. ๐Ÿ™

SoyoKazeStudio
                          Participant

Not my auction but you guys CAN report a auction if you suspect excessive shipping. Just click on ‘report’ and the second scroll list will give you a choice of items to select. $33 IMHO is high to ship.

Kujacker
                            Participant

Well, I looked at the auctions again and it says he’s in Canada. I know I can ship a keeper to Canada for $28… so if shipping out of Canada costs the same, it still might be high. But I don’t know, does anyone know how much it costs shipping OUT of Canada?

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Yeah, I just got a quote to Canada on a male kirin for $27… sounds padded, but maybe not enough for eBay to pursue.

Syn
                                Participant

Jerusha wrote:

Also, he’s saying the item is in excellent/perfect condition, but zoom in on pic#3 and it looks like there are a couple chips on the top of the left wing. Could be the flash from the camera though. ๐Ÿ˜•

I would say those look like flash glare. However in the lower right corner of that same picture, where the wing tip touches the purple scales, it definitely looks like the top of a scale is broken off. ๐Ÿ™ Anyone bidding on this should certainly ask the seller if there are any chips, cracks, paint rubs, scratches, repairs, etc. Get it in writing, and spell it out, so there is an airtight case with eBay if it is damaged.

As to price, I sold a Rainbow Fledgling about a year ago that was brand new in his box. He sold for $150 plus shipping. These Rainbow Fledglings really are rare; this is the first one I have seen since I sold mine, and they were rare back then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.