fbpx

Question about New Unicorn Colt Colours and Young Dragon Colours

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Question about New Unicorn Colt Colours and Young Dragon Colours

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Erika
    Participant

I like the idea of blue or teal eyes, but I agree, sometimes light eyes in dark sculpts give the deer-in-the-headlights look. But I also think plain brown eyes get lost and you lose the cool ‘follow me’ effect.

So my vote is for that gunmetal color. Just light enough to see, matches the silver nicely, and not so dark it gets lost. It also goes with just about any gem color, but I’d love to see citrine, peridot, or light blue, personally.

Matryoshka
      Participant

I’d like to see natural coloured eyes too. A rich medium brown should stand out enough against black coats if the darker eyes look a little “lost” πŸ™‚

Stormbreeze
        Participant

I think violet eyes and amethyst gems are a good idea. They already did black unicorns with “natural eyes” and it would be nice to see something new.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

fatalbeauty
          Participant

ugh, no Hades or red, ewww!

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
            Blocked

Haha. I think like you! I think people either love them or hate them. For some reason I don’t care for red or orange colours but I love pink, although not really for eyes. My favourite eye colours are the blue and teal. One eye colour I really like is the dark blue/purple that some of the sugarplum poads had. This one: http://windstoneeditions.com/products/poad%E2%84%A2-sugar-plum-blue-eyes They call them blue but they shine like purple in the light.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

Those “gunmetal” eyes are actually very very dark on a black unicorn.
                 photo 100_5030_zps12a20e49.jpg

Landipan
                Participant

How about lighter amber eyes?

*Formerly meowmix101
                  Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Melody
                  Keymaster

We are in the process of painting the unicorns in jet black with silver necklaces and horns. So yes, black unicorns will be out soon , though I never know exactly when.

Hooray, my wallet is ready πŸ™‚

We’ll have to stick some in and see how they look. Any suggestions?

I personally would like to see a natural eye color of jet black horses, something dark.
                    I’m guessing this eye colour is brown:  photo GBColt_zpsb101c7cf.jpg which would look good to me. I don’t know if there’s a colour even darker as well, and one that’s more of an Indian red too?

Or this colour even crossed my mind which is on my Rorschach Poad
                    I’m not familiar with Windstones eye colours and sizes library, but it looks like a metallic gunmetal to me.
                     photo RorschachPoad_zps575fa617.jpg

I just strongly wouldn’t like to see any light eye colours, as they give me the impression of ‘deer in headlights’ look.

As for jems, I think any colour would match black! πŸ™‚

Yeah I was thinking dark brown or a dark silver like that poad’s eye. That looks like the color I called “denim”

Erika
                    Participant

Haha. I think like you! I think people either love them or hate them. For some reason I don’t care for red or orange colours but I love pink, although not really for eyes. My favourite eye colours are the blue and teal. One eye colour I really like is the dark blue/purple that some of the sugarplum poads had. This one: http://windstoneeditions.com/products/poad%E2%84%A2-sugar-plum-blue-eyes They call them blue but they shine like purple in the light.

That IS a lovely color!

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

That IS a lovely color!

Yes, I really like this one very much as well, if a blue eye is decided upon. This or perhaps the dark ‘Bright’ blue that the Rainbow Dragon family has for their eyes. Also, the original Plum eye color for the original edition of the Sugar Plum Poads was more of a gorgeous Purplish – more so than the current Blue of this edition. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bullsquid
                        Participant

That IS a lovely color!

I think that color is perfect! It is dark enough to avoid that deer-in-the-headlights look, but light enough to stand out against the black body of the unicorn. I hope this is the color that gets picked, I really don’t want the new black unicorns to look just like the old black unicorns only with silver accents and no blaze.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.