Question about New Unicorn Colt Colours and Young Dragon Colours

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Question about New Unicorn Colt Colours and Young Dragon Colours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Hi Melody. I just saw the new white unicorn colt and violet flame young dragon out today and think they are gorgeous! I would love to get one of each soon but have some questions. First I am wondering if black unicorn colts would be coming soon too or if you are painting all the unicorns white first and then doing black or another colour scheme? Second I am wondering if the colts will ever been painted in the old white and black colour schemes when gold horns may be available or if they would just come in the new colours? Third if you do black colts or more black unicorns what colours would the eyes and gems be? Fourth would the colts ever come out in silver and slate grulla to match the family of unicorns in those colours?

Fifth and last question, I love the new violet flame young dragons and the only colour left that I need a young dragon in would be aquamarine to match my fledglings and babies so would you perhaps be painting young dragons in aquamarine next?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
      Participant

Quoted from the “Store Announcement” that was sent out yesterday:

… The rest of the Unicorn family will slowly become available in the new “Snow White” color with silver colored horn and trimmings. The old “white” unicorn color has not been retired, however we will not be making them in that color any time real soon.

Melody
        Keymaster

I am wondering if black unicorn colts would be coming soon too or if you are painting all the unicorns white first and then doing black or another colour scheme?

We are in the process of painting the unicorns in jet black with silver necklaces and horns. So yes, black unicorns will be out soon , though I never know exactly when.

Second, I am wondering if the colts will ever been painted in the old white and black colour schemes when gold horns may be available or if they would just come in the new colours?

The component paints that we used to mix the off-white color of the old “white” unicorns has changed, so that paint mixed using our old recipe no longer matches. It is a complex problem to try to match a paint color that is on existing pieces, but yes, at some point I will try to get a color mixed that matches closely enough to paint colts in old white.
          We can paint them in old black with white stockings and gold horns too, soon as we get gold horns.

Third; if you do black colts or more black unicorns what colours would the eyes and gems be?

We don’t know yet. We’ll have to stick some in and see how they look. Any suggestions?

Fourth: would the colts ever come out in silver and slate grulla to match the family of unicorns in those colours?

I intend to paint colts in all the old colors we have done previous unicorns in, eventually. When we get gold horns, and I have time.

Fifth and last question, I love the new violet flame young dragons and the only colour left that I need a young dragon in would be aquamarine to match my fledglings and babies so would you perhaps be painting young dragons in aquamarine next?

The paint we used to paint the aquamarine has been discontinued by the company that made it! Matching paint is a very time consuming hassle, so I put it off a long as possible.
          We might have enough of the Aquamarine paint left to do a small batch , but I’m not sure about that.

Adaneth
          Participant

Excited to hear about the black unicorns in progress! ๐Ÿ˜€

Kim
            Blocked

Melody, you are awesome! Thanks so much for answering all my questions. I think the jet black unicorns will be awesome! Since they will have silver horns I was thinking maybe they would look good with dark blue eyes and gems or even a dark purple but what does everyone else think?

It would be cool to see the old colours on the unicorn colts too once the gold horns are available again but no rush. Are you guys in the process or trying to get more horns gold plated?

That is too bad the aquamarine colour was discontinued as it was very pretty on the dragons but if you had enough left for some young dragons that would be great! Or if you are able to match a colour that’s close to keep painting the dragons in that would also be great! I would be happy even if they were a little more of an aqua colour or if you painted some aqua coloured dragons as it’s one of my favourite colours besides pink. I am also still hoping for pink dragons.

Bullsquid
              Participant

I think the black unicorns with silver collars would look great with periwinkle or lavender eyes and amethyst gems. I think dark eyes, whether blue or brown, would tend to disappear into such a dark color scheme.

The thought that some time soon I might be able to get a grand unicorn from the store has me excited. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sikek
                Participant

We are in the process of painting the unicorns in jet black with silver necklaces and horns. So yes, black unicorns will be out soon , though I never know exactly when.

Hooray, my wallet is ready ๐Ÿ™‚

We’ll have to stick some in and see how they look. Any suggestions?

I personally would like to see a natural eye color of jet black horses, something dark.
                  I’m guessing this eye colour is brown:  photo GBColt_zpsb101c7cf.jpg which would look good to me. I don’t know if there’s a colour even darker as well, and one that’s more of an Indian red too?

Or this colour even crossed my mind which is on my Rorschach Poad
                  I’m not familiar with Windstones eye colours and sizes library, but it looks like a metallic gunmetal to me.
                   photo RorschachPoad_zps575fa617.jpg

I just strongly wouldn’t like to see any light eye colours, as they give me the impression of ‘deer in headlights’ look.

As for jems, I think any colour would match black! ๐Ÿ™‚

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I agree with the no light eye colors please for the blacks, I like natural looking browns on them…and dark colors look weird with light eyes to me…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Elena
                    Participant

Black unicorns…. Hades Eyes J)

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

Hades eyes!! There just aren’t enough critters with Hades eyes!!

Natasha
                        Participant

I third the Hades Eyes! They’re gorgeous!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

etruscan
                          Participant

Add me to the We Want Hades Eyes cheering section.

Kim
                            Blocked

Are hades eyes the red eyes? Red eyes kind of scare me unless maybe Melody just did a small batch of Halloweenish unicorns with those eyes first. I think for the new production unicorns it would be nice to have eyes that are a different colour from the last ones. I have one black baby unicorn with its brown eyes and red gem so it would be nice for the new blacks to have something other than brown eyes and red gems. I also love periwinkle and teal eyes and silver/grey eyes. Silver eyes would look great with silver horns and necklaces or any metallic coloured eyes would probably look good.

etruscan
                              Participant

Hades eyes are the red eyes with no pupils. Like the black vampire bat with red eyes in the store.

kila26
                                Participant

I don’t care for the Hades eyes or red eyes. I would prefer to see dark colored eyes on the black colts like gun metal, brown or dark purple.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.