Quest 14 – CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 14 – CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Dandr13
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I just wanted to check. πŸ™‚

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Are only Windstone pieces (and fuzzys?) allowed in the photograph or could other items/collections/critters be shown and included?

May be a dumb question, but I wanted to make sure of the parameters.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Zeppard Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I was wondering if having known titles was fine. For example, books on a bookshelf, with the names visible, in the background. Would that be permissible?

Kiya
          Participant

Are only Windstone pieces (and fuzzys?) allowed in the photograph or could other items/collections/critters be shown and included?

May be a dumb question, but I wanted to make sure of the parameters.

It’s okay with Windstone – however, be aware that in some cases it’s against copyright law to photograph a work and do things like enter the photo into a contest without the artist’s permission. By submitting the entry, you are saying you have all the correct rights and privileges secured. I don’t think this has been a problem so far, but we have to call it out. πŸ™‚

Kiya
            Participant

I was wondering if having known titles was fine. For example, books on a bookshelf, with the names visible, in the background. Would that be permissible?

That should be fine – just make sure the titles are appropriate (i.e. don’t have swear words or something in them. πŸ™‚ )

Sirithiliel
              Participant

Awesome, then I have a fabulous idea to do. There isn’t a specific number of windtones needed, is there? I have a few, but I’m thinking of using just one.

Kiya
                Participant

No, there’s no specific number needed.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Whew! I’ll have time to enter (barely) when I get back home. I have time to pick the scene πŸ™‚

Ayonah, I got your message – I can receive emails, but I can’t send them from where I am. I’m really excited, this was my idea!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kiya
                    Participant

It was a great idea!

And, seriously folks, if you have ideas, send them in!!! We DO use them (this is the second quest idea from a forum member I’ve used) and there may be a small reward in it for you if we use your idea! πŸ™‚

phantomess
                      Participant

^Not that I have any ideas for quests in mind, but if/when I do, how do we send those in? In an e-mail to you?

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kiya
                        Participant

Just email them to Ayonah. πŸ™‚

Stephanie
                          Participant

Can we do any digital post-production? Adding speech bubbles or color correcting?

If not, can we use speech bubbles if they are physically in the photo and not added after?

Kiya
                            Participant

You can certainly do digital post production for color correction and the like. Please don’t add things that weren’t in the original photo, however. πŸ™‚

As for speech bubbles – you can’t hear what people are saying in photos, so speech bubbles just to capture a funny conversation wouldn’t be within the rules.

However – if your Windstones are using signs or a banner or something for their own purposes, that would be okay. Much like it’s okay to have a book in the photos.

I hope that helps!

OH MY GOSH!!! I totally forgot about this..I’ll have to figure something else out tonight..

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kiya
                              Participant

I’m not a judge, but the entries are great so far you guys! I’ve laughed at each and every one and that’s quite a feat! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.