PYO WOLVES ARE UP!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO WOLVES ARE UP!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I can’t believe I actually got one. I didn’t even know they were going up today until I logged onto the Livejournal community. Now to figure out what the wolfy’s gonna look like. I’m making it for my hubby. *Random remembered thought* I once got an image in my head of a wolf hidden in shadows that had tiger stripes. No clue on the colors (if they were wolf-like or tiger-like), just knew it had tiger stripes. Might be a bit too ambitous for a first time PYO though.

Glad I have photoshop so I can try and do a color mock up before I paint.

tfsculptures wrote:

p.s. i did want to post something interested parties could look into.. and i know it belongs elsewhere, but i’m lazy tonight, so its a link for the peacock mouse wizard for 29.95. weird!! http://www.aristocraticpet.com/4m6.html hope the link works, if not, go to the website, go to mouse themes/collectibles and then handcrafteds. the site looks recent and what a great price! i might be a blip on their end, i didn’t inquire as i wasn’t sure if one should just go and purchase one, or call ahead of time and talk to customer service.i didn’t want to speak verbally to someone and have em realize the mistake and correct it and miss out you know? just thought i’d spill the beans, if any of you wanted to look into it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope it’s for real because I always wanted one if the price was right – we’ll see what happens since I ordered one! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

How much was shipping?

I think it was like, $7… I got one too.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

To ship to my zip code it was $10.43

For the mouse I think it was $7.95. They had one of those charts linking amount of purchase to a shipping cost. Never quite understood those – you could buy something pretty expensive but light that wouldn’t cost so much to ship or buy something cheap but heavy…

ddvm wrote:

Never quite understood those – you could buy something pretty expensive but light that wouldn’t cost so much to ship or buy something cheap but heavy…

Its probably easier for them to charge a flat rate like that, and I think they probably arrange the rate scale such that they’re covered even for the heavy items. So a lot of the time they make money off the shipping too…

Money grubbers…but I guess that is how they stay in business. That’s why I love Astral Castle – no charge for shipping on Windstones! ๐Ÿ˜† I think Bella’s shop also doesn’t charge for Windstones.

I like stores like that! ๐Ÿ˜€

I got an email from the lady-

“Hi:

Just a short note to let you know I am awaiting my order from the
        manufacturer.
        As soon as it comes in, I will process your order. Your credit card will be
        charged when I ship.

Eleanor”

I’m not sure what to think. Haven’t they stopped making them??

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Quill wrote:

I got an email from the lady-

“Hi:

Just a short note to let you know I am awaiting my order from the
          manufacturer.
          As soon as it comes in, I will process your order. Your credit card will be
          charged when I ship.

Eleanor”

I’m not sure what to think. Haven’t they stopped making them??

No, as of last month they were still in production.

Seems fishy they are selling them for so cheap… retailers are supposed to sell at retail costs so they don’t undercut one another, etc. I apologize to you guys looking for one at a good price (I’m not trying to be a jerk!) but I gotta let John know about this just in case, to be fair to all the Windstone retailers. If they are allowed to sell the mouse wizard at that price then hey, wow it’s a good deal!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
          Participant

Nambroth wrote:

[
            No, as of last month they were still in production.

Seems fishy they are selling them for so cheap… retailers are supposed to sell at retail costs so they don’t undercut one another, etc. I apologize to you guys looking for one at a good price (I’m not trying to be a jerk!) but I gotta let John know about this just in case, to be fair to all the Windstone retailers. If they are allowed to sell the mouse wizard at that price then hey, wow it’s a good deal!

I think they were just talking about shipping costs, Nam.

Skigod377
            Participant

ddvm wrote:

Money grubbers…but I guess that is how they stay in business. That’s why I love Astral Castle – no charge for shipping on Windstones! ๐Ÿ˜† I think Bella’s shop also doesn’t charge for Windstones.

Yep! Bella is doing free shipping right now. I just ordered a rainbow fledge from her. She seems very nice and even said she would look for the one with the most pink on it for me! GO BELLA!!

Pegasi1978
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

If you follow the link (http://www.aristocraticpet.com/4m6.html) you would find the Web site selling the peacock mouse wizard for $29.95 which is much lower than the price of $55 listed at Astral Castle (http://www.ccgs.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AC&Product_Code=WSs403-P&Category_Code=1201).

Skigod377
                Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

If you follow the link (http://www.aristocraticpet.com/4m6.html) you would find the Web site selling the peacock mouse wizard for $29.95 which is much lower than the price of $55 listed at Astral Castle (http://www.ccgs.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AC&Product_Code=WSs403-P&Category_Code=1201).

Ahso! I missed the 2nd page of conversation. I see. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.