fbpx

Pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Well it’s October and Halloween is swiftly approaching which means PUMPKIN CARVING!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Uusall we grow our own, but between the crappy weather and the squirrels ๐Ÿ˜ก we got none this year. so I won’t get to do any real pumpkins unless I buy one. However, have been doing a few of those foam craft Pumpkins

Brother’s condo unit is finally done so he wants Pumpkins for his place

this is an old pattern I’ve done on many, many pumkins over the years

Tried something different here and gave kitty a ‘stained glass’ eye. Sort of worked

I’ve got more that I need to do pics for and will post when I get them done.

Come On Everyone and show your Pumpkins!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Elena
      Participant

Anonymous

Wow, those are all wonderful carvings! I didn’t even know they SOLD foam craft pumpkins! LOL GREAT job, can’t wait to see the others you post ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah
          Participant

Gorgeous! I especially love the cat one – the green eye idea is genius!

I haven’t carved a pumpkin in years but I was thinking about trying out the whole shaving-off-the-skin technique to add different layers of luminescence (or I guess I could call it “shading”). Have you ever done pumpkins like this? I’m a little nervous to try but I’ve watched a couple of videos on it and I think I’m ready to destroy a gourd ๐Ÿ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

Yeral wrote:

I haven’t carved a pumpkin in years but I was thinking about trying out the whole shaving-off-the-skin technique to add different layers of luminescence (or I guess I could call it “shading”). Have you ever done pumpkins like this? I’m a little nervous to try but I’ve watched a couple of videos on it and I think I’m ready to destroy a gourd ๐Ÿ˜€
              Don’t be nervous! It’s just a pumpkin, not a Windstone! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve done it before, it didn’t last long, but it looked neat ’til it sunk in.

Hannah
              Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

Don’t be nervous! It’s just a pumpkin, not a Windstone! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve done it before, it didn’t last long, but it looked neat ’til it sunk in.

You’re right, of course! I think I’ll stop by the grocery store after work and pick one up ๐Ÿ™‚

Elena
                Participant

Yeral wrote:

I have and its lots of fun (more mess ๐Ÿ˜€ ) I find that the trick in doing that is knowing how thick your pumpkins skin is, and the thicker the better if you want to do lots of layered shavings. And have a lit candle nearby so you can check your progress:)

Want to see pics when your done! ๐Ÿ˜€

Elena
                  Participant

More….

The second one for my brother and the white cut away part actually glows, the camera hates it and won’t pick it up for photos

A very special Pumpkin that was sent out and since I know that they’ve recieved (and like) it heres a pic ๐Ÿ˜€

I also got a commission to do one for one of my nieces little friends! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Hannah
                    Participant

foxfeather wrote:

I have and its lots of fun (more mess ๐Ÿ˜€ ) I find that the trick in doing that is knowing how thick your pumpkins skin is, and the thicker the better if you want to do lots of layered shavings. And have a lit candle nearby so you can check your progress:)

Want to see pics when your done! ๐Ÿ˜€

Definitely! I stopped by the store last night and picked up a couple pumpkins (a big ‘un and a little ‘un), so I’ll take pictures when I’m done – disaster or no!

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Love the Snerl pumpkin!

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

SNERL IS FABULOUS! :yes:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Bodine
                          Participant

I’ll lightly carve it for Halloween but this is ours ๐Ÿ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Anonymous

This is my pumpkin for this year!

Angie
                              Participant

So many great Jack-o-Lanterns here! Foxfeather – I *love* that cat one!

I’ve been wanting to carve a pumpkin for years but just never got to do it…until this year! I’m so happy. Here’s what I came up with (it’s based on that famous John Lennon self portrait ๐Ÿ™‚

Free-hand Jack!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Took FOREVER to get the expression and outline right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.