Pumpkin Spice Pebble Wolf Grab Bag 2022

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Pumpkin Spice Pebble Wolf Grab Bag 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

We have emailed everyone on the waitlist for the Pumpkin Spice Pebble Wolves now. If you think you should be on the list and didn’t get an email, please contact me! susie@windstoneeditions.com

We are very sorry we messed up and didn’t get an announcement out in time for people to see that this was on our site Home Page. Then the wait list filled very quickly. This is a small batch due to the limit of how much of that red/blue color shift paint that is the background on all of them (someone asked about that – yes, they all have the same “sky” color). We had plans for an announcement! But they went awry.

I’d like to add here that there will be times that we do not announce something before putting it into our store in an effort to reduce the possibility of our store crashing. Keep an eye on our Home Page and our Forum for announcements!

I guess that I’m confused. I thought that with the new procedure for sales, that the email mailing list would announce to everyone that a piece would go on sale and if one was interested they could sign up on the wait list for the item on a first come basis. Then, as in past GB, a link to purchase would be emailed to those on the wait list.

This new process seems to avoid the website crashing from too much traffic, which was great for Windstone & purchasors who don’t need to spend hours trying to grab one & checkout because Windstone is gauging interest in the item instead of posting a time for the sale.

So, if something’s changed, I’ll have to adjust & start looking at the website forum everyday to avoid missing out on pieces, instead of relying on the mailing list?

Looking at the website Forum, especially near the end of the working day in Corvallis, has always been the best option for finding things that are newly listed in the store.

Often people who do that are able to grab something before the announcement emails are sent. This saves a lot of frustration with store slow downs when the announcement emails DO go out.

No doubt Susie is wincing as she reads this. Lots of people refreshing the website “just in case” does make her life more difficult when she is trying to add something to the store. 🙂

Melody
      Keymaster

question, are they all purple or are they other color shift colors as well? the examples so far are all purple so I’m curious…..

All of them have color shift blue/red paint on their bodies. It appears to be purple in the photo, but in direct overhead light is deep midnight blue. We couldn’t get the camera to see it like a human does.

Melody
        Keymaster

For the folks who missed these, if you visit the Facebook “Windstone fan club”, there are already people mentioning they might trade the wolf they get!
          You can advertise in the Facebook fan club, or here, in the “classified” section, that you would like to trade for or buy one that someone doesn’t want. There is always an active after-market!
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=5593840847400911

Susie
          Keymaster

I’m so sorry – I really confused the issues! I wasn’t supposed to email EVERYONE on the waitlist last night, only the first 64 people on it so that they could purchase the first 64 of the Grab Bag Wolves. I accidentally emailed everyone. Those who have tried to order and found it “out of stock” – you will get another password email when we have additional wolves ready to ship.

Mary: Yes, the Emailed Announcements are supposed to be used to advise people that an item is on our Home Page where you can sign up for the Waitlist – but with the Wolves, we forgot to get the announcement out before the waitlist filled up and we had to close it. So proper form for us is to: Post Waitlist on our Home Page, Email Announcement that it is there and you can sign up, (Although I’m thinking – THIS could crash the site?! couldn’t it?), Then we close the waitlist when its full (we cannot make an infinite amount of things, especially grab bags), and when The Item is ready to ship we email a password to those on the waitlist so that they may place their order.

It is always a good idea to check the Home Page and the Community Forum on our website for announcements in case no email announcement has been sent. We did not do an email announcement of Paint Your Own Snerl ahead of adding him to the store. This could happen again.

Mary
            Participant

Thanks, Susie! I’ll have to start watching the website daily. With the new system, I just wait for the emails. Don’t think it should crash the website if people get the email & just click on the link for waitlist as it doesn’t involve lots of time on the website as the order process takes.

Seems that many people bought one to “flip”, so I’ll see if I have any luck trading for one.

Mary
              Participant

Huge thanks to a kind forum member who did a trade with me for a pumpkin spice wolf. Here’s the gorgeous wolf I traded for; has nearly every critter scattered throughout the scene – cats, owl, bats, ghosts, pumpkins. Just lovely!

pumpkinwolf2

pumpkinwolf3

pumpkinwolf

Bodine
                Participant

Congrats Mary.He is very cool.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

linda
                  Participant

Congrats Mary. Those cats!!! Love the eyes…such an adorable wolf!

Susie
                    Keymaster

I have just emailed those on the Pumpkin Spice Pebble Wolf waitlist who were unable to order one the first time I sent the password out that we have the remaining wolves ready for purchase!

Embrie
                      Participant

Now that the second half of the wolves is going out, I’m looking forward to seeing the class pictures! 😊

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Melody
                        Keymaster

We have emailed everyone on the waitlist for the Pumpkin Spice Pebble Wolves now. If you think you should be on the list and didn’t get an email, please contact me! susie@windstoneeditions.com

We are very sorry we messed up and didn’t get an announcement out in time for people to see that this was on our site Home Page. Then the wait list filled very quickly. This is a small batch due to the limit of how much of that red/blue color shift paint that is the background on all of them (someone asked about that – yes, they all have the same “sky” color). We had plans for an announcement! But they went awry.

I’d like to add here that there will be times that we do not announce something before putting it into our store in an effort to reduce the possibility of our store crashing. Keep an eye on our Home Page and our Forum for announcements!

I guess that I’m confused. I thought that with the new procedure for sales, that the email mailing list would announce to everyone that a piece would go on sale and if one was interested they could sign up on the wait list for the item on a first come basis. Then, as in past GB, a link to purchase would be emailed to those on the wait list.

This new process seems to avoid the website crashing from too much traffic, which was great for Windstone & purchasors who don’t need to spend hours trying to grab one & checkout because Windstone is gauging interest in the item instead of posting a time for the sale.

So, if something’s changed, I’ll have to adjust & start looking at the website forum everyday to avoid missing out on pieces, instead of relying on the mailing list?

Looking at the website Forum, especially near the end of the working day in Corvallis, has always been the best option for finding things that are newly listed in the store.

Often people who do that are able to grab something before the announcement emails are sent. This saves a lot of frustration with store slow downs when the announcement emails DO go out.

No doubt Susie is wincing as she reads this. Lots of people refreshing the website “just in case” does make her life more difficult when she is trying to add something to the store. 🙂

We probably won’t use the waitlist thing unless it is necessary for small-batch, in-demand pieces that would otherwise crash the website.
                          The waitlist system works, but is a lot of extra work for Susie!
                          Things like new PYOs, which are unlimited in number and easy to produce, or restocked production items we have a big batch of, will most likely not have a signup waitlist and be offered directly from the store.
                          We try to get out newsletters about restocked items going in the store, but bumps happen.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.