Prezaurian’s PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Prezaurian’s PYOs

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Prez!
      Hopefully I’ll have time to start up some painting soon. I did participate in the recent PYO Swap – that was fun! And I do have several blank PYOs waiting for their paint jobs! LOL!

Also – I can’t wait for the new PYO Barong to hit the Store! Definately would llike to grab one of those!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

I love the Barong.So cute.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
        Participant

I love your work.Kitty is cool😄

Prezaurian
          Participant

Hey Prez!
            Hopefully I’ll have time to start up some painting soon. I did participate in the recent PYO Swap – that was fun! And I do have several blank PYOs waiting for their paint jobs! LOL!

Also – I can’t wait for the new PYO Barong to hit the Store! Definately would llike to grab one of those!

That’s great! You’ll have to post pics when you get a chance to work on them!

I too look forward to the Barong. So cute!

I just went a little crazy ordering eyeballs from nixcreations. Don’t know how long it will take for me to use 9 sets of peepers. 😅

Prezaurian
            Participant

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what everyone will do with the Barong.

Prezaurian
              Participant

I ordered a small dragon to paint as a friend’s Christmas present. And just in time, found a new pigment to try. It’s a silver based holographic pearl. I’m very interested to try it out as I like rainbow holographic effects, but unfortunately it’s normally only available as a flake.

Now honestly, I can’t stand working with microflake. Mainly because 1) it works best with airbrush and 2) it takes multiple layers of clear coat to fully cover the gritty texture microflake has due to the size of the particles.

Not certain if Windstone uses a microflake for their holographic pieces (I think they do), but this is not a criticism. They know what they’re doing with it and the pieces look great.

But back to the pigment. Being a pearl, that means I can finally try a powder pigment that will give a rainbow holographic effect. Very interested to see how it will work out on this piece.

Bodine
                Participant

I have used that a little.I like it Great for small places,detail but yep, not real smooth without heavy finish.

PXL_20231127_155809967

Prezaurian
                  Participant

I have used that a little.I like it Great for small places,detail but yep, not real smooth without heavy finish.

PXL_20231127_155809967

Hey Bodine! Yeah, the flake is frustrating for that texture reason. The holographic pearl powder is amazing. Powder = no bumpy texture. I tried posting a pic of the sculpt I finished with it…but the website must have thought I was a spambot for too much editing (I couldn’t get the pic to show up) so it obliterated my post. Not even sure it will let me post this.

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Oh hey, it let me post. Let’s see if I can attach the pic this time. “Hold on to your butts.”

And no…just a broken link.

Attach?

Yes…crappy dA downloaded picture attaches.

etruscan
                      Participant

Luminous Night is very pretty!

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Luminous Night is very pretty!

Thanks etruscan! Hopefully my friend likes him as a Christmas present! Otherwise…DUN DUN DUN! -laughs-

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.