Prayers, good thoughts, vibes needed

Home Forums Miscellany Community Prayers, good thoughts, vibes needed

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Wow! I’m really sorry to hear about your dad. *HUGS* I am however very glad to hear that he is alive and that your job was very understanding and you were able to take time off to be with him (not to mention a wonderful boyfriend). I have friends and relatives who have gone through similar situations. My cousin broke his neck in a car accident, though he beat the odds and was able to walk again (the break was up very high, but was not complete, but we nearly lost him). A classmate of mine had his father become a quadriplegic from an accident with some equipment on their farm when he was growing up. His break was complete, but he was able to drive himself where he needed to go with a van that was modified to his chair. It is very hard and you all will have a lot of hard work and life adjustments to make, but life is definitely not over, just different and will present many new challenges. There are many things that he will be able to still do, like hunting. I had a coworker at a former job of mine who did not have legs who would drive his beat up old pickup to work and was out there at hunting season to get his buck and fill his quota for the season! I see a guy almost every morning at the gym who is wheelchair bound who comes in to work out on the weights and on other equipment for an hour or more (he’s in great shape!). Again, different challenges, but while some activities may be harder or not possible at this time (technology is changing so much and they now have suits that people can use to ‘walk’ in – think really small, simple versions of the suits the soldiers in Avatar would use to walk around in on Pandora… Still being tested and experimental, but they didn’t have those even a few short years ago!), there will still be many things he still will be able to enjoy. He may just have to approach the activity differently. It sounds like his family will be there to support him and that is something not everyone has. Keep us posted on his recovery. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Also, be sure to take a deep breathe and a moment or two for you during all of this, even if it is a simple 10 minute cup of tea in the morning (or evening) or an extra minute or two in a hot shower to center your thoughts. This is a stressful time and getting too run down won’t help you or your family either. Take care. *BIG HUGS*

Rachel
      Participant

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and words of encouragement. Thank you, siberakh1, for your examples. I know technology is moving quickly to help out in these situations. And I know he’ll be able to do a lot of things. We just need to get to the point where he’s doing them.

darjeb
        Participant

I am sorry to hear that and was wondering if by now the news is any better? Prayer are with you.

Rachel
          Participant

He’s recovering slowly. He’s out of ICU as of today and into Pulmonary Acute. He’ll probably even be able to get some rest. ICU isn’t a very good place to get some rest. He’s very tired and needs to build up strength and stamina for breathing completely on his own.

Amy
            Participant

Well, I’m glad to hear he’s at least out of ICU. Hopefully he’ll get some sleep. The world is a totally different place when you’re tired vs. energized.

My continued thoughts/prayers are with him.

I don’t know if it would make him feel better to know that a bunch of random people on the internet are pulling for him, but if it would, feel free to tell him. πŸ˜‰

Yeah the hospital is not a place they allow you to rest in…annoying, here you are sick, ill or injured, the thing you need most is rest & sleep & you have people bugging you every hour, yeah, gonna get a lot of sleep this way, not. At least out of ICU they should pester him a bit less. But until he gets to come home, he really isn’t going to get as much sleep as he really needs, the hospital environment just doesn’t allow for it sadly. I have never heard of them leaving anyone alone for 8 hours, just not happening. Hopefully he will recover enough to be able to come home soon, then the real recovery can begin.

Kyrin

Ann

I’m so sorry, I don’t know what to say other than all good thoughts, prayers, etc. are sent your guys and I’m glad that he is starting to do better.

Rachel
                Participant

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. He is doing much better, now, though there hasn’t been much improvement on lower body function. He is getting much stronger and is now able to fool around on his computer to communicate. Since he got a tracheotomy a few days ago, his breathing has improved and they’ve been able to increase his food intake (through a tube). It’s still a long, long, LONG way to recovery, but he’s out of the woods, now.

Amy
                  Participant

I’m really glad to hear he’s improving πŸ™‚
                    Is he able to type messages to you on the computer?

Rachel
                    Participant

Yes, as of Sunday, he was sending out short messages. As of last night, he was up for a longer chat. It’s good to be able to communicate with him.

Amy
                      Participant

Yes, as of Sunday, he was sending out short messages. As of last night, he was up for a longer chat. It’s good to be able to communicate with him.

I bet. How does he seem to be mentally? Is he alright, or sounding kind of depressed?

Rachel
                        Participant

I bet. How does he seem to be mentally? Is he alright, or sounding kind of depressed?

Hard to say, yet. He SEEMS to be doing pretty well. Of course, he hasn’t started physical therapy, yet. That will be hard. Especially if they send him to a rehab center far away from family. We’ll see.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.