Prayers, good thoughts, vibes needed

Home Forums Miscellany Community Prayers, good thoughts, vibes needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

I guess it’s my turn to find myself having a (bad) reason for not being around.

Last Sunday, my sister called in the middle of the night. At first I ignored her, since her name didn’t show up on my caller ID. She called again a couple minutes later, so I figured I’d better answer. Apparently my cousin had called her by finding her number in my grandma’s (who passed away late last year) calendar. My dad had been in a motorcycle accident. He had a back injury. They were flying him to a better hospital.

After a few minutes getting oriented and calling the hospital he went to first, I asked “should I be at the other hospital?” The nursed answered, “If it was me, yeah. Definitely.”

So my boyfriend and I packed some stuff in a bag in just a few minutes and left at 1 am for a 4 hour drive to the new hospital. (My boyfriend is wonderful.) When we got there, my aunt was there and she didn’t have much information and hadn’t been able to see him before he went to ICU, but she was told that the break was “complete.”

We were finally able to see him around 7 am, and while he didn’t look too terrible, he had no feeling or movement from about mid-chest down.

Fortunately, I was ahead on my work, and I sent a message to my office. They told me to do what I needed to do–we’ll take care of things. So, I stayed with my dad all week, coming back yesterday.

Of course, now that I’m not there, I’m worrying (I had been the only family member there, with a few visits from friends). They had removed his breathing tube and moved him out of ICU the other day, but he had some breathing trouble and ended up re-intubated and back in ICU. They took the tube out again yesterday before I left, but he’s still in ICU and has got a hugely long road to recovery.

I don’t think he’ll get any appreciable function back to his lower body. For a guy who spent his life doing physically active jobs, lots of hunting and riding motorcycle, this will be really, really tough. He will need lots of thoughts and prayers.

I plan on heading to visit on weekends for a while, and work my butt off during the week, so I will probably neglect the WE website for a while (I don’t need any temptation), including the forum.

I’m not asking for any assistance, but if anyone wants to, a family member has set up an online fund for his recovery. https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/7534

Trava
      Participant

My prayers are with you.

Amy
        Participant

I am really sorry to hear this, hon 🙁 I hope your father can find a way to continue some of his old hobbies at least, and also that he finds some new ones that he can still enjoy.

My thoughts and prayers are with him.

littleironhorse
          Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this!

My thoughts are with you and your family.

dragonmedley
            Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this – wishing him speedy recovery. Your being there for him, whether in person or over the phone/Internet/etc. will only make it better.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Misty
              Participant

HUGS I hope all works out well for you and your family hun.

Rachel
                Participant

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate it.

What a horrible thing to happen. I’m considering getting a motorbike licence soon, but it’s stories like this that make me worried.
                  He will be in my prayers tonight.

Puffpastryofdoom
                  Participant

Words cannot express how sorry I am to hear this . My heart goes out to your entire family and I send all of my thoughts and prayers to him and his recovery…

So sorry this happened, he will find a way around it, if he is as active as you say he is, it is surprising what people can do when they decide they will. Gonna be hard for a while though, all my best to your Dad & you.

Kyrin

Scathach
                    Participant

I am sorry to hear about your dad, but there may still be hope and recovery. People can surprise us with will and repair. I wish you and your dad all the best possible.

Life is beautiful.

Jinya
                      Participant

I am sorry to hear about your dad, but there may still be hope and recovery. People can surprise us with will and repair. I wish you and your dad all the best possible.

Same here, prayers coming your way.

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Aww sweety! I didn’t even see this when I sent you a PM last night *hugs!*
                          This is so scary and sad 🙁 I’m sorry! Stay strong and you and your dad will make it through though! <3 if I can help with anything, please let me know!

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I’ll be sending good thoughts your way.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Adaneth
                            Participant

So sorry to hear the bad news. But what a blessing that you were able to take time off to be with him. I hope he pulls through beyond expectations.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.