fbpx

Prayers for a Friend

Home Forums Miscellany Community Prayers for a Friend

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

That’s great!!!

Maria
    Participant

I’m glad to hear that, ddvm. I hope she recovers well.

Skigod377
      Participant

YAY! I love happy endings!

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

*sending warm fuzzies!*

Sending hugs and I hope she recovers quickly.

Bob

that is very good news. I’m glad you will not have to go thru on the other end like I am now. Not to direct the topic to me but my mom did not get good news the last time she was at the doctors. 1 of her tumors is still growing after all they have already tried my sister said she does not think my mom will last past July and I hope she is wrong. Chemo is kicking her butt and they can not try anything new until she gets some strength back

Just an update – Andrea is doing really well. Just got back from visiting her (and saw the news about the chicks and the curled dragon, YEAH!) and couldn’t believe how chipper she was. Two really good pieces of news – the surgeon only had to resect some of her lung lobe not the whole lobe so she’ll still be able to dance, hike, etc and the culture came back as Staph aureus NOT MRSA. (Meth resistant staph aureus – the infection that tends to kill.) She’s hoping to leave the hospital tomorrow or Saturday and go home to get some sleep. They keep waking her up in the hospital.

So thanks everyone. I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers.

DM – I’m really sorry to hear about your mother. My mom died several years ago and there is not a day that goes by I don’t miss her. I’ll keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob

Thank you very much it’s just a waiting game to see what they are going to try next. Her mom passed away last May and it was quick. She could not breath on Monday got taken to the hospital and passed away the following Sunday. Only 6 days. She was 90 1/2 so she had a long life but watching my mom going down hill so slowly and knowing there is nothing I can do to help is VERY difficult. My mom is going to be 68 on June 5th and is having all these problems so tell your kids, friends and family members not to smoke or to give it up.

Jodi
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Thank you very much it’s just a waiting game to see what they are going to try next. Her mom passed away last May and it was quick. She could not breath on Monday got taken to the hospital and passed away the following Sunday. Only 6 days. She was 90 1/2 so she had a long life but watching my mom going down hill so slowly and knowing there is nothing I can do to help is VERY difficult. My mom is going to be 68 on June 5th and is having all these problems so tell your kids, friends and family members not to smoke or to give it up.

My birthday is June 5th too, DM. I’m sorry about your mom. It’s hard to have sick parents, even when we are adults. We think that they will be there to take care of us always, but that’s not the case. There comes a time when it switches around, and it’s hard to accept that they are not always going to be there (sick or not – everyone still dies), or that they are vulnerable and need us to take care of them.

My father got sick and passed away in ’97. It was hard watching him dwindle away. My mother is still doing pretty good and lives on her own, but she’s 78 now and sometimes she falls down. She lives too far away for me to go take care of her (my brother’s there), but I worry. I know she’d rather it was me because we were always close, but until I get done with school and get a job in her area, I’ll be too far away.

I’d like to say it gets easier, but it’s life and it’s unpredictable. Just know that you still have a life to live, and that you have to maintain your strength when those around you fail. Keep breathing. Keep living. We’ll be here for you. 🙂

ddvm wrote:

Just an update – Andrea is doing really well. Just got back from visiting her (and saw the news about the chicks and the curled dragon, YEAH!) and couldn’t believe how chipper she was. Two really good pieces of news – the surgeon only had to resect some of her lung lobe not the whole lobe so she’ll still be able to dance, hike, etc and the culture came back as Staph aureus NOT MRSA. (Meth resistant staph aureus – the infection that tends to kill.) She’s hoping to leave the hospital tomorrow or Saturday and go home to get some sleep. They keep waking her up in the hospital.

So thanks everyone. I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers.

DM – I’m really sorry to hear about your mother. My mom died several years ago and there is not a day that goes by I don’t miss her. I’ll keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
                So glad to hear that she will be leaving the hospital soon, DDVM. It is much better staying at home then the hospital.

Jodi
                Participant

I’m glad your friend is doing better, DDVM! That’s good news. 🙂

Bob

a few weeks ago I was spending the night and she was walking to the bathroom and just lost her balance got dizzy and fell hard to the ground so I know what you are talking about.
                    I lost a friend in February in a motorcycle accident and just heard today a co-workers mom passed away last night. I HATE this

Participant

ddvm – I’m so glad to hear that your friend doesn’t have cancer. My thoughts and blesssings are with you.

DM – I’m sorry to hear about your mom. I know all to well what you’re going through. My thoughts and blessings are with you and mother too. If there is anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Bob

thanks it’s all just a waiting game right now

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.