Possible Mail Disruption- Canada

Home Forums Miscellany Community Possible Mail Disruption- Canada

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

The corporation has just served a 72hour notice…. ๐Ÿ™

So as of 12:01am friday the corporation is saying they will no longer have to abide by our old contract, rather they will rule us according to the Canadian Labour Code, and will staff accordingly, stating that volumes have dropped due to this dispute.

They will also have the right to lock us out….. which very well may happen, but they aren’t coming right out and saying this.

Oh dear….this is all so stressful. I do have some savings, but things may get rough if we are locked out for a long time. And Im more worried about Canada Post screwing themselves by loosing so many customers……

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Oh geez, so sorry to hear this. ๐Ÿ™

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kathleen
        Participant

My best friend works as a mail carrier for Canada post andjust told me earlier about the notice. ๐Ÿ™
          This sucks. She is also worried. I hope it gets figured out soon.

Anonymous

My heart goes out to all of you guys. I loved getting the house where I did because there is a post office just a 5 minute walk away. The next closest one is a 15 min highway drive to Shoppers and I only go into town once a week- huge cost difference!

Amstaff
            Participant

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Times are really scary, my future seems uncertain. As of now the corporation has the right to lock us out as of Monday.

The union wants to negotiate and wants a 30 day extension to the cooling off period and the corp. will agree to this but keeps insisting we agree to binding arbitration at the end of 30 days. We wont agree to binding arbitration as it takes away our right to negotiate in the end so whats the point…..

I just wish this would end already….sure I want to fight for whats right and I know the Corporation is wrong…but there is the uncertainty of not knowing how long we may be locked out if the lock-out happens…..

This constant worrying is starting to wear me down…. ๐Ÿ™

Scathach
              Participant

My best friend works as a mail carrier for Canada post andjust told me earlier about the notice. ๐Ÿ™
                This sucks. She is also worried. I hope it gets figured out soon.

I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Life is beautiful.

Amstaff
                Participant

So last night the Corporation had every intention of locking us out. Everything was in place with the big-wigs present and head of security present also, within my mail plant that is. At the last minute it was cancelled….. we were told the government intervened for a few reasons…

Anyways long story short it really looks like there may not be any mail disruption. Canada post has even stated that its safe for their customers to mail items.

Again there is no 100% guarantee on this….but I personally wouldn’t hesitate to order or mail things via Canada Post. Plus if there is any disuption planned, they have to issue a 72 hr notice.

*crosses fingers* for negotiations to continue with no work disruption.

Scathach
                  Participant

So last night the Corporation had every intention of locking us out. Everything was in place with the big-wigs present and head of security present also, within my mail plant that is. At the last minute it was cancelled….. we were told the government intervened for a few reasons…

Anyways long story short it really looks like there may not be any mail disruption. Canada post has even stated that its safe for their customers to mail items.

Again there is no 100% guarantee on this….but I personally wouldn’t hesitate to order or mail things via Canada Post. Plus if there is any disuption planned, they have to issue a 72 hr notice.

*crosses fingers* for negotiations to continue with no work disruption.

I hope you are right on many levels!

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
                    Participant

Bump

What’s the word now?? Im hearing grumblings…

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Kim
                      Blocked

Yeah I am getting worried. My unicorn and my mom’s haven’t had tracking update since they arrived in Canada a week ago. I hope they get delivered before any more talks of strikes.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Marianne
                        Participant

Oh Kim. Good luck. Such a hard to wait.

Falcolf
                          Participant

Sending much love to everyone who works for Canada Post! I have never, ever had a problem with you guys – you do an awesome job and I am super appreciative of everything that you do. Fingers crossed!! Hang in there, guys!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

StormDancer
                            Participant

I sure hope that there isn’t to many delays. I’ve never had to worry about that but I have things shipped to the US and at times waiting on them to get thru customs is frustrating. I’d be a basket case having to wait on my post office as well.

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Jellyfish
                              Participant

Sounds like an agreement has been reached and no strike or lockout.
                                Kim I have had the exact same thing with shipments from Windstone. Tracking only goes as far as the border then stops alot of the time. Ihave had items arrive in record timeto taking over a month. I would not worry. ๐Ÿ™‚

Falcolf
                                Participant

I talked to a Canada Post delivery lady at work today – she said that they’re only close to an agreement, which has been proposed (not reached) and she said she was happy with what had been reached, so it seems that things will smooth out soon.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.