fbpx

Pokemon Sun & Moon?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pokemon Sun & Moon?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Have you guys seen the starters yet? Who do you like most so far? I really like both Litten and Rowlet, and I see the potential in Popplio too tho. But I’ll know for sure who I want to go with after I see their evolutions.

Also both legendaries are pretty awesome!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

briteblades
      Participant

The new starters are so cute! I am in love with Rowlet. Can’t wait to see their evolutions!

chibishiro12
        Participant

I can’t choose until I see the evolutions. After all the evolved form is the one you end up seeing the most. 🙂
          Though this is the first time I might choose the grass pokemon over the water and fire.

Looking for-
          red fire young dragon
          old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Landipan
          Participant

Yes, I hope we see the following evolutions soon. I’ll most likely pick Litten but not if it ends up becoming Bipedal like all of the Fire starters of the past. I hope it evolves into a tiger or something!

*Formerly meowmix101

chibishiro12
            Participant

Yes, I hope we see the following evolutions soon. I’ll most likely pick Litten but not if it ends up becoming Bipedal like all of the Fire starters of the past. I hope it evolves into a tiger or something!

Yes! That is why in y I did not pick the fire pokemon. And a tiger would be awesome!

Looking for-
              red fire young dragon
              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Kujacker
              Participant

I’m going with Litten, but that owl is so dapper.
                I generally go with the water, but the recent water pokemon have been so eh. Curious what they will all evolve into.
                Personally the lion pokemon rubs me the wrong way? And I’m not sure why. So good thing I already planned to buy Moon.

Landipan
                Participant

Wanted to come back in to this thread and say how happy I am with the new game so far! I ended up going with Popplio as my starter since it’s final evolution was just too pretty to pass up!

Btw, my new favorite pokemon has to be Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales(I mean, I already loved them originally but now even more lol), they’re so pretty and everything about them is catered to me!! Ugh, so perfect!

Btw, I totally dream that one day melody might do a Kitsune sculpt (production or PYO) in a resting/lying pose like this one by Ninetales, so pretty, so perfect, it’s the dream!

*Formerly meowmix101

Kujacker
                  Participant

As did I. He had the best final form. SO disappointed in the cat ugh.

I don’t really play anymore though. That’s my problem with pokemon games. It takes two days to beat them and then… then what? This is why I prefer Youkai Watch to pokemon.

I recently traded my shiny Rockruff for a friends shiny Yanguusu. I love him (and he’s never going to evolve lol). So that’s got me playing again recently, but not much.

Landipan
                    Participant

Yea, I was really disappointed in Litten final evo too, such a shame!

I haven’t even gotten off the second island yet lol, so it’s probably gonna be awhile before I finish my game, but I dawdle a lot by catching and training my ‘mons, specifically attempting to catch enough Eevees to get all my eeveelutions. Last night I accidently evolved a Leafeon when I really wanted to evolve a Umbreon, but it’s okay, Leafeon was another I needed and it’s so cute but I did have to change it’s name to match it.

Btw, if you need a fun idea to do with your Pokemon game after you’ve finished it, try doing a Nuzlocke challenge, they’re fun!

*Formerly meowmix101

Kujacker
                      Participant

You can get a Blacky/Umbreon by forcing Eevee/Eievui call for back up. They always call Umbreon for me.

I got my game on day one, and beat it two days later. So yeah. Up until recently I haven’t played it.
                        I’ve heard of the Nuzlocke challenge, but considering it requires you to delete your previous save data, I won’t do it. Another point for Youkai. However, it’s not about challenge, it’s content. Pokemon just doesn’t seem to have enough content for me.
                        Don’t get me wrong, I’ll forever love pokemon. This recent game was better, with how they changed everything up (FINALLY you can ride pokemon). But they only seem to have done that because they were threatened by Youkai Watch (overtook pokemon hard. Still might be ahead).

Gosh, I’m not trying to bash pokemon but it sure seems like it @.@ Honest! I’ve been playing since Red after all (which I actually found my Red and Yellow cartridges the other day while cleaning hah)

Landipan
                        Participant

Wow, that’s amazing! I got my game the midnight before it came out, and still am no where near the end, but I don’t play every day so that’s probably why. But that’s probably a good thing since I want it to last, I didn’t wait half a year for it for it to be done in a blink of an eye LOL!

And It’s okay! It’s normal to grow away from things and change and like different things, it’s just good that you’ve found something else to kind of take it’s spot! I haven’t tried Youkai Watch, it’s not quite as cutesy as Pokemon as I like, but maybe one day I’ll give it go and see what all the fun is about!

*Formerly meowmix101

Kujacker
                          Participant

Ah, I don’t try and beat games fast, just how it happens.
                            I waited almost 10 years for The Last Guardian to come out, and I took my time on it and beat it four days after I got it.

Youkai Watch is great. They took everything great about pokemon and improved on it, and took everything you want in pokemon but don’t have and put that in the game. It only took one game for them to realize people want to pick which youkai to have follow them around… pokemon gave that to you once then took it away.
                            The recent second game, I have over 100 hours in and I’m STILL playing. The main story takes like 30ish, so the rest of that is just extra content. That’s what I feel pokemon is missing, quality end game content or just activities you want to continue to do.
                            It was brought up at work, if you could only play ONE, which would you choose, hands down Youkai for me. I just adore it. I recommend it to anyone that likes pokemon, and even those that don’t (I’m finding people that dislike pokemon enjoy Youkai).

I still love pokemon though 🙂

Landipan
                            Participant

I think it’s good for Pokemon to have the competition in Youkai watch, I think over time it will force them to take more risks and improve more. It’s possible in the next several gens that they’ll add more content to the games that’ll hopefully rival what you mention is in the Youkai Watch games. It’s true, after the main story line is complete there’s really not much to do in Pokemon, but by then I usually am ready to do a Nuzlocke challenge.

If Youkai Watch ever starts adding more cute-sy Youkai to their line (maybe something that sorta mimics the Eeveelutions maybe? Just cute lil animal type critters in general), I’ll totally hop on board!

*Formerly meowmix101

Kujacker
                              Participant

Ah, yes. Youkai seems to be the reason for the change in Sun/Moon. So yes, a good thing. But I hate how it took a game blasting past them in popularly for them to finally change things up.

It’s true that Youkai Watch doesn’t have super “cute” youkai, though I think plenty are cute (but difference in tastes). Most are based on actual youkai. They do have all the Nyans though. Tons of Nyans lol. Jibanyan being the main nyan and the mascot (can I say I hate pikachu? Always have. So I’m happy to have Jibanyan, a mascot I like). Komasan is cute too, and he’s like the secondary mascot.
                                My favorite youkai is Kyuubi! Obviously based off well, the kyuubi lol.

Landipan
                                Participant

I think that happens with a lot of businesses that I have been going on for a good deal of time, they get lazy after awhile if there’s no decent competition spurring them forward, I noticed it in the last few years in Breyer Model Horses. Once the company Peter Stone model horses started doing business(Even tho I’ve heard they have nightmare CS at times), Breyer was motivated to start coming out with better quality molds and paint jobs.

I’m not a big fan of Pikachu either, it’s always the center of attention, give other Pokemon a chance dangit! I do love Raichu though, glad he’s getting some love this gen.

*Formerly meowmix101

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.