fbpx

Pokemon Go!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pokemon Go!!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Marianne
    Participant

Go Team Mystic! I’m only level 14 but play it quite regularly. Your doing great for only playing it a couple times. My son Eddie and I have been taking shortish walks but it kinda hard because I’m having trouble with Asthma lately. I love the game though. It’s so cute. Totally fun place to take games. There are local groups on Facebook and people plan meetups. Nerds all over the world are seeing the sun on a regular basis because of this game. Ha, love it!! And I’m queen nerd at my house according to my 19 year old daughter that doesn’t play.

Marianne
      Participant

How’s everyone enjoying the game? I just hit level 20 today! Whoohoo! Used a lucky egg and evolved a bunch of wheedles and Pidgies.

Lupuslunae
        Participant

26 and still obsessed! What’s everyone’s pokedex at? 129 here! I’m still missing some basic ones but I have terrible luck with the 10k eggs, ugh.
          What’s the craziest trip you’ve planned for pokemon hunting? I’ve done day trips to San Francisco. I tease some people and say I’m going to Japan for pokemon, but I was already going before the game came out, heh. Still, Far’fetched is going to be mine!

Marianne
          Participant

I’m at 71 On my Pokedex. Eddie is at level 17. I’m not sure about his pokedex but he has less than me at this point. Yesterday he caught a 1600 Snorlax. He was so nervous catching it he was hopping, wiggling and repeating, Oh Please, please catch, haha. Lucky you having that trip planned. Wish the game was out when we where in Austrailia last year but maybe we will get lucky with an egg.

CHeMnICORn
            Participant

Wooo pokemon go thread! Team Mystic, and only level 14 still for me. I do a lot of standing in the lab, but not a lot of walking, so egg hatching only happens if I specifically go for a walk. There are only two pokestops near work, and I have to go during lunch since they are a couple blocks away. Problem is, a lot of good pokemons show up at work, so I end up running out of pokeballs.

My pokeball problem is only remedied if I take the time to go walking for about an hour near my apartment. There are 5 (6?) pokestops in approximately a half circle with less than a block radius, but none can be reach from my apartment, so I have make myself go outside, which of course is the whole point! I just sometimes forget.

Lupuslunae
              Participant

Yeah, catching rare ones makes me mumble and shout too. I missed out on a Venusaur a few blocks away from my place, even after it despawned, I kept circling around looking for it in total denial. And oddly enough, Snorlax likes to spawn behind my house in the morning? I’ve caught three that way, and it’s great, yay, rare pokemon behind my house. But I keep thinking it is a smart a$$ comment from Niantic about sleeping away the weekend…jerks.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I love to play! It’s pretty hard with as rural as I am. I think there are only 2 pokestops within 10 miles of here, though there are a few more in town! I’m level 21, and I’ve been playing pretty hard from the start to get there. Not much is out here! My pokedex is at 85 and that was a lot of work, haha. We don’t even get a lot of things that are common for most people. It’s still a lot of fun, though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Kujacker
                  Participant

I haven’t played in about three weeks. It’s kinda lost its appeal for me. I only like to play it with friends anyway. I hit level 20 last time I played and since stopped. I seem to be the only person in my circle that’s lost interest in it.
                    But, if tomorrow someone said let’s go play pokemon, I’d definitely go!
                    (Saw a Team Mystic decal on a car today while driving home)

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

My valor shirt finally came in from Shirt Punch, now I can be even more crazed and represent the team pride, woot! Using the three day weekend to get to Santa Cruz and that charmander nest before they switch again! I have all the candy for a charizard and have been hoarding my stardust to power him up but I need a good charmander to evolve first. The charmander I caught today was so spectacularly bad, like 9%. But the right one will come along soon and I shall dub him “Burnanator!”

I’m not getting sick anytime soon but Niantic needs to get their butts in gear. They have yet to implement the S.F nearby features for all or scrap it if it’s not the fix they want (I hope they don’t, it’s so nice!) and address the rural/suburban pokemon deserts. And I hope trading if available soon, I want to bring a ton of Taurus pokemon to Japan and make a hundred new Japanese geek friends!

Marianne
                      Participant

We still play. It’s a nice thing for me and Ed to do together. God knows I could use the exercise. I’m still only at level 20 more because the area we walk around is not very Pokemon populated.

Good luck on your search for the perfect Charmander, Lunae. I also sure wish Niantic would get the tracking figured out already. As for trading and new features, Eddie is constantly talking about if they were to add extra rare shinies(?) in the game. Hears hoping we get some new features soon.

Jasmine
                        Participant

I was playing during beta aka the “Field Test” and having the time of my life! I put in so many hours of walking, catching, and bug reporting. Had a nice little team with my champion Jolteon. Everyone was named and I grew so attached that when beta abruptly ended and my data was wiped, it took me a bit to get back into the swing of playing. I couldn’t reuse my old UN and the convenient PokeStop near my house turned into a gym. Boooo (I’m team Instinct, which may be obvious by now LOL)!

I played a little here and there during the initial hype but the massive crowds intimidated me slightly, haha! Everyone I’ve run into playing has been really nice but it was such a change from the solitude of beta. This month my partner got a new phone that can run it and I’ve been playing much more as a result. There’s a cute 24/7 restaraunt here that’s an almost always lured PokeStop and one town over sports a downtown that’s really hopping. We have tentative plans to go on a Poke-date with some friends for food, drink, and catching ‘mons by the riverside. I think when Sun and Moon come out next month, the stops and gyms will be teeming with 3DS trainers looking for streetpass interactions! That’ll be a load of fun if so.

Lupuslunae
                          Participant

Back from the land of the rising sun with a mostly complete pokedex of 143 of the lil monsters! Took a week but I finally found a Farfetch’d in Kyoto. They might be the region specific but I only ever saw two in two weeks.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.