fbpx

Picture hosting sites?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Picture hosting sites?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I, too had been on photobucket in “my” album, uploading pictures from the pc to the site. I walked away from the pc for a few minutes, and when I got back I had the dialog box with the warning etc.
    FWIW, I got rid of AVG and installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on the advice of a very geeky friend. So far, so good. It was a hop in the tush to get rid of AVG, since it puts itself all over the pc, but Kaspersky won’t even install if there is any trace of another anti-virus program on board. According to my geek friend, Kaspersky is one of the oldest anti-virus programs out there, and they’re supposed to have one of the very best reputations. The darn thing updates itself *hourly* automatically. I got my copy on sale at amazon.com for like $30. Considering the cost if I had to bring the pc to a geeksquad store for reformatting, debugging, etc the cost would be more like $300, 😮 I’d have to say $30 isn’t so bad.

I’m with Pegasi on this one; I don’t even want to go *near* photobucket at this point. I don’t really trust *ANY* anti-virus program totally at this point, and I’m not willing to tempt the fates even further. I can’t live without my computer access. I admit it: I’m addicted…. 😳 Besides, darned near everything is done through the pc now: bill paying, shopping, communications, job search; you name it. No pc means no emails, and I live for my emails. Gad….I have no life. 😀

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I’ve had Norton, McAfee and TrendMicro’s AV program (on Best Buy Geek Squad recommendation) before getting Kaspersky (also on Best Buy Geek Squad recommendation). So far I like Kaspersky the best.

True it is a pain in the butt to install because you have to completely remove any other anti-virus programs on the computer, but once you get it installed it is fairly easy to use. Also, depending on the version it can be installed on up to three computers … a big plus in any multi-computer household.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.