fbpx

Pics from the Windstone Factory and Corvallis (Link fixed)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Pics from the Windstone Factory and Corvallis (Link fixed)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

I so want the WIP lion kirin to get finished and be ready to sell! He is stunning!
      ~Runs off to start a new savings account for one… or two… or however many I can trade for!

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Zelda
      Participant

Wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing, and to the Windstone folks for being so photo-friendly 🙂

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Lupuslunae
        Participant

Wowzers! Those autumn leaf mommas are amazing. And the different egg colors, yes, yes, and more yes! Dragons are magical, and hatching baby dragons should have magical color shifting eggs. Thank you for sharing!

Aggie83
          Participant

Zelda – excellent point. Thank you, thank you Melody and the whole Windstone crew for being so gracious as to allow people to visit and photograph and then share those photos with those of us who will likely never have the opportunity of seeing the “nest”. I just love seeing the photos of all those shelves with row upon row of Windstone goodness oozing everywhere. Be still my heart.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Yes! So Lucky! 🙂
              Best. Place. EVER! 😀
              Best. People. EVER too! :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Nightcrow
              Participant

WOW! What a fabulous trip you had! And what great photos!

I really, really, really need to know all about this:

Melody, make my entire year and tell me this is going to be a new LP/store-stocked color?!? I’ve been yearning for a purple-with-blue-overtones color scheme for years… (Not too long ago, in the Conga Line thread, I jokingly said that I wanted to talk you into making “Iolite” a color scheme – and I linked to a photo of some cut iolites. They were almost exactly the color of this dragon!!)

This little guy is adorable, and I can’t quite figure out what colors he is:

Red and brown? Copper and green? Burnt-sienna and umber? Whatever he is, it’s lovely; subdued, but with just enough flash to catch the eye. I think it will have lots of fans, given how excited a certain subset of the Forums gets whenever an earth-toned dragon appears on Ebay!

Aaaaaand this made me giggle:

Who knew hatchers could come out of their eggshells? I’d never have guessed – I thought they were sculpted all in one piece! Since I’ve always thought the new hatcher looks like he’s driving a little bumper car, now I’m picturing him getting out of one that broke down and climbing into a new one to speed away! 😀

Thank you for taking so many wonderful pictures, and sharing them!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Melody, make my entire year and tell me this is going to be a new LP/store-stocked color?!? I’ve been yearning for a purple-with-blue-overtones color scheme for years… (Not too long ago, in the Conga Line thread, I jokingly said that I wanted to talk you into making “Iolite” a color scheme – and I linked to a photo of some cut iolites. They were almost exactly the color of this dragon!!)

This little guy is adorable, and I can’t quite figure out what colors he is:

Red and brown? Copper and green? Burnt-sienna and umber? Whatever he is, it’s lovely; subdued, but with just enough flash to catch the eye. I think it will have lots of fans, given how excited a certain subset of the Forums gets whenever an earth-toned dragon appears on Ebay!

Aaaaaand this made me giggle:

Who knew hatchers could come out of their eggshells? I’d never have guessed – I thought they were sculpted all in one piece! Since I’ve always thought the new hatcher looks like he’s driving a little bumper car, now I’m picturing him getting out of one that broke down and climbing into a new one to speed away! 😀

That was something a previous painter created and they are trying to see if any pf the production painters can figure out how it was done to see if it can be replicated

The new hatchers were made to come out so they would be easier and cleaner to paint I beleive

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Nightcrow
                Participant

[snipped for length]

That was something a previous painter created and they are trying to see if any pf the production painters can figure out how it was done to see if it can be replicated

The new hatchers were made to come out so they would be easier and cleaner to paint I beleive

“something a previous painter created” – the Lap, or the Mini Keeper?

Ah, well, that makes a lot of sense for the hatchers. So not all of them come apart – what a neat bit of trivia to have discovered; thanks!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mercury Star
                  Participant

Oh wow, how awesome that you got to visit Windstone and Co for two weeks! Thank you so much for the pictures, it is always fun seeing photos of the inside of the factory and it is great that you took pictures of outside, I miss all the Oregon greenery.

[snipped for length]

“something a previous painter created” – the Lap, or the Mini Keeper?

Ah, well, that makes a lot of sense for the hatchers. So not all of them come apart – what a neat bit of trivia to have discovered; thanks!

The lap dragon, I also saw several matching pieces. Not sure about the minikeeper.

Oh wow, how awesome that you got to visit Windstone and Co for two weeks! Thank you so much for the pictures, it is always fun seeing photos of the inside of the factory and it is great that you took pictures of outside, I miss all the Oregon greenery.

It was really nice seeing so much green, but boy does it rain a lot there in the winter time!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Stephanie
                    Participant

So beautiful. So many wants.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Man this thread brings back memories… I so have to go back! The Lion Kirin… good lord.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
                        Participant

All the scenery is so gorgeous. I’ll have to get there some day, maybe when the camellias are blooming!

Laurie
                          Participant

In that first picture Etruscan put up on the 1st page, behind the unpainted tanuki, is that a striped kirin? Whatever she is, I’m in love.

Falcolf
                            Participant

If that became a production piece I would probably start crying and fanning myself madly like a woman from the Georgian era who can’t breathe for the awesomeness. (Or because back then they wore corsets, which I can’t even imagine the discomfort of.) That lap caught my eye too – absolutely spectacular! I’d love to see it with eyes in. 😀 (Lavender, I’m imagining?)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.