Pet Sims!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pet Sims!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Who here has enjoyed a browser-based pet sim in their day (or perhaps currently plays them)? I’d wager a guess at least a few of us dabble in Flight Rising! I’m always on and off one game or another, starting with Neopets when I was just seven years old. I kept physical journals for feeding and play schedules + stories about my Neopets’ many adventures, lol! Remembering that fondly tonight.

Falcolf
      Participant

I definitely played Neopets for a while. I can’t remember it too well but I was a big fan of the omelettes for feeding them haha.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

etruscan
        Participant

“Dragon Cave” was a very active thread for a while: http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/dragon-cave-egg-exchange/

“Flight Rising” got some attention here too: http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/flight-rising-dragon-pet-game/

There probably have been others, but those are the two I remember.

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

Oh lord, I was obsessed about Neopets.

Finding happiness again.

Melody
            Keymaster

I loved my Tamagotchi

Jasmine
              Participant

@Falcolf Oh yes. That big mountain of an omelette just sitting in the desert ripe for the pickins. I remember trying my first omelette IRL just because it was a food in Neopets. ๐Ÿ˜› I’ve dabbled there in recent years hoping for nostalgia but ever since it was bought from Adam & Donna by Viacom (and now JumpStart of of all things) there’s little of that to be had. I guess that’s to be expected when the game is 17 years old! Btw, who did your icon art? So cute.

@Etruscan
                Thank you! Did you find these with the forum search function? I tried it but it didn’t seem to be working for me. I am on mobile though. Forgot all about DragCave! That one’s old as dirt and I’m stoked to see it’s still active! Can’t remember my old credentials though. Now to stalk the lairs of everyone who shared their Flight Rising UNs.

@Celestial-Rainstorm
                It’s a good thing I was a broke little kid when they got big and started mass producing merchandise or I would have been out of house and home, surrounded by Lupes and Gelerts and Kougras LOL.

@Melody
                Oh how I wanted a Tamagotchi as a kid. I did have a knock off Giga Pet kitty and that was my life for awhile. Now I’m an adult and can buy ALL THE TOYS, so I have a couple modern Japanese exclusive keychain pets with an intent to collect someday (the wider the pet, the better)!

Jasmine
                Participant

*the weirder the pet.
                  Typing on a phone is hard and posts only seem to let me edit once or twice but I always seem to introduce a new typo when I do, lol.

Landipan
                  Participant

I played NeoPets back in the day, as well has Petz/Catz/Dogz/etc. games I also played Horse Isle which was fun(but was more fun if you bought monthly subs). I currently collect pets on Chicken Smoothie!

*Formerly meowmix101
                    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Jasmine
                    Participant

The oldschool Petz games were such a delight. Their expressions and sound bites we’re totally hilarious and cute. There was a really strong community of modders making custom content. I put a lot of hours into Horse Isle too, but they delete your account after tiny periods of inactivity (or at least they used to) so I was constantly losing my precious babies. ๐Ÿ™ love the breed art though. Spent a lot of time on the old Horseland too. Somehow never managed to truly check out Chicken Smoothie though it’s always been on my radar and I’ve probably signed up at least once.

Then there’s Furry Paws and Howrse, Khimeros, Leayph, Wajas, Exhibited, Goatlings, Subeta… it’s endless! Definitely the games with breeding and simulated genetics interest me most.

Kim
                      Blocked

I had a giga pet in Junior High. I didn’t play with it long though as the school eventually banned them because kids were playing with them in class. I can only imagine what it’s like in schools now with kids having cell phones.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
                        Participant

You’re welcome. Unfortunately the Search function doesn’t seem to be very useful, or at least it hasn’t been when I’ve tried it, so I found the threads the old-fashioned way. In other words, by scrolling through “Community” while muttering “I’m sure I saw it somewhere!”).

Celestial Rainstorm
                          Participant

I hate to talk about my Neopet collection. It was HUGE. I had 30+ plushies and even little figurines. They all had individual names and personalities. I had to sell them recently and miss a few.

Finding happiness again.

Falcolf
                            Participant

@Jasmine – Thanks! My avatar is cropped from a larger character reference that I did of my own character, Tyanar, a chasmaporthetes. (Prehistoric running hyena – they were much closer related to modern aardwolf than conventional hyena, mind you.) You can find the full version here.

Haha, I forgot about Howrse – I was on there for a while. It too deletes your account if it’s been a while, which I found pretty lame.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Jasmine
                              Participant

@Kim haha, I heard about that! They were banning them all over. How tragic. Reminds me vaguely of when the NSA banned Furbys in the Pentagon (totally different reasoning, but still). I wonder if that ban still stands. xD I was just exiting high school as phones were getting smart and prevalent enough to cause problems. I have no idea how they keep that at bay! Must be madness.

@etruscan
                                LOL then I’m especially grateful!

@Celestial-Rainstorm
                                Oh man !! I’m so sorry you had to part with ones you miss. What I wouldn’t give to have some old plushies back. I somehow managed to never own any Neopets merch, even as crazed as I was. Now I happen to own the PS2? game, but only because my fiance is a big time video game collector and our collection is puzzlingly large.

@Falcolf
                                [I think I might have tagged you as @Falcor in a previous post!] I am so into your ferals especially all the canines! You really captured the coyote spirit in Sedge. Lol, I’m so biased. My ‘sona is a coyote and I’d love to badger you for a commission some time because her new site needs more art (and then more and more and more art forevermore). Kezra.ml ! I gave ya a watch, too. For all my love of prehistoric mammals, I’ve somehow managed to miss out on Chasmaporthetes but man, are they ever cooooolll. How cool is their name, even? Dang. EDIT: I vividly recognize Wrennars’ #871 but I’m not sure from where. Mystery upon mystery.

Jasmine
                                Participant

Hey, all! Keep an eye out for “Beasteon”. I think it’s gonna be awesome! Hopefully you can see this development blog regardless of if you have a Tumblr: http://beasteon.tumblr.com The beasts have sentience and willpower packed in, there’s awesome procedurally generated coat genetics, and – oh yes – dragons! It’s everything I’ve ever wanted and will be great for RP. ๐Ÿ˜€ Not to mention, the art is fantastic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.