Pebbles?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Trava
    Participant

Could you put a stamp on the bottom instead of a pad?

Kiya
      Participant

Could you put a stamp on the bottom instead of a pad?

I think this issue with this is that official “factory” painted pebbles (at least fennecs and cats) already have stamps.

You’d need something to make a PYO pebble as “different” than a factory painted pebble. That’s why they can’t just ditch the inset logo and/or pad.

At least, that would be my understanding from the overall discussion. 🙂

Melody
        Keymaster

Is it that they are smooth or that they are small? (although the right answer is probably “yes” LOL)

Yes it is both.
          I wanted to have an inexpensive, quick-to-finish new line that we could put in gift shops.
          The perfectly smooth surface shows every tiny little defect in the paint and clear coat.
          Turns out the usual happened… small = not much money per piece = MORE TROUBLE.
          I shuda known.

dragonmedley
          Participant

The lack of a pad is a problem with making the pebbles into pyos too, because the pad on a dinky piece is the only way we can identify them as the real deal. They are too small for a logo insert. There would be no other easy way to tell if they were knock-offs.
            Not that that has been a problem, since we pretty much only sell pyos to forum members and not the general public.

But what about the imprint stamp from the muse? I looked and it looks like the perfect size. It would allow you to mark them pebbles clearly as PYOs, but ones without pads, so the pebble would retain its all around smoothness, with the exception of the imprinted stamp.

(I was surprised you didn’t use this imprint on the foo puppy, actually.)

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.