fbpx

Pebbles?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Just wondering what the status on the other pebble critters is?
      I just got a little fennec and he’s adorable! So tiny and perfect to hold in your hand like a worry stone. I would love to see the other foxes too.

I know you guys have upteen million things to do and I’m very excited to see new stuff coming along! (new dragons! :bigsmile: )

Melody
      Keymaster

Just wondering what the status on the other pebble critters is?
        I just got a little fennec and he’s adorable! So tiny and perfect to hold in your hand like a worry stone. I would love to see the other foxes too.

I know you guys have upteen million things to do and I’m very excited to see new stuff coming along! (new dragons! :bigsmile: )

I put the pebbles aside for now. I think we have a possible way to finish them efficiently , but it takes some doodling around to get it to work and we haven’t had time to mess with that project.
        We really can’t afford to paint pebbles until we can find a way to not loose money on them! I thought smooth things would be so easy…

dragonshoard
        Participant

Is it that they are smooth or that they are small? (although the right answer is probably “yes” LOL)

dragonmedley
          Participant

Instead of painting them, why not polish them out like the Maya Hill sculpts?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Tara
            Participant

Or if you just can’t find a way to make painting them feasible, you could make them PYOs and let us do the painting πŸ˜€ I’m sure we’d have fun painting them.

dragonshoard
              Participant

So I take it the arctic foxes in picture 12 of “glimpses inside the factory” on the facebook page are destined for eBay? or are they going to just sit for a (long) while…

Kiya
                Participant

So I take it the arctic foxes in picture 12 of “glimpses inside the factory” on the facebook page are destined for eBay? or are they going to just sit for a (long) while…

Could be either. πŸ™‚ I think the first batch of fennecs sat for a LONG time after being cast before a store batch was painted.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Instead of painting them, why not polish them out like the Maya Hill sculpts?

That is what they were intended for! The project drifted off course.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Or if you just can’t find a way to make painting them feasible, you could make them PYOs and let us do the painting πŸ˜€ I’m sure we’d have fun painting them.

I’ve thought about it, but the pads don’t work on most of them.

Melody
                      Keymaster

so far, they are sitting…

Randi
                        Participant

Melody,
                          Just wanted to let you know I love all of your pebble critters so far. Hoping you will eventually add more in.Thinking a bear would make a good pebble. Maybe even a batch of pebble poads. πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

How ridiculously hard would it be to turn them into PYO’s? (copyright wise, I imagine is where the trouble would be)

I know I personally would kill to get my hands on pebbles as PYOs πŸ™‚ painting with brush and not in mass numbers, I won’t have the problems you guys are having, n maybe then you could make some money off them?

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Is having a felt pad a requirement for PYOs? The non-paditude is actually one of the appeals of the pebbles; you can hold them and play with them in you hand. Can’t really do that with a felt pad…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

Is having a felt pad a requirement for PYOs? The non-paditude is actually one of the appeals of the pebbles; you can hold them and play with them in you hand. Can’t really do that with a felt pad…

Way for me to pay attention to the question already asked, hah.

I agree, no need to have a pad here.. ‘n are they really any worse to pad than foo pups if the pad is needed?

Melody
                                Keymaster

The lack of pad IS the problem with these. There is no surface you can set them on to dry! The bottoms come out with specks when they rest on them to be painted, then, when you turn them over to fix the spots, the tops get messed up…then they roll off the painting wheel into the down draft duct of the spray booth … fun fun fun.
                                  The finish won’t go on evenly because you need to do the top and bottom separately… rant, bitch, moan..
                                  The lack of a pad is a problem with making the pebbles into pyos too, because the pad on a dinky piece is the only way we can identify them as the real deal. They are too small for a logo insert. There would be no other easy way to tell if they were knock-offs.
                                  Not that that has been a problem, since we pretty much only sell pyos to forum members and not the general public.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.