Paypal Question

Home Forums Miscellany Community Paypal Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Skylover
    Participant

I’ve got a question about Paypal and they won’t give me enough space to type in the question, so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I’m being told that I’m about $300 away from my sending limit before I HAVE to become verified. I don’t want to give them my bank account (I don’t see this as making things more secure like they claim), nor do I want their credit card. Is there a way around this? Maybe cancelling my account for a little while?

Skylover
      Participant

You could open a second bank account and seed it with a small amount of money. And use that bank account for paypal. There is a discussion going on about paypay in the Hacked thread.
        http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4450
        edited: here’s the thread:

I remember seeing a message like that a while back. I never did anything. I figured when I reached my limit, I’d find another way to pay for things, but nothing ever happened.

I’ve never given them my bank account information and as far as I know I’ve long ago passed that limit. I’ve never gotten any messages about reaching my limit and not being able to use Paypal.

Kujacker
        Participant

I got that message YEARS ago and I still never verified or anything. It’s kind of “idle” in a way. Once in a while (as in like 1:100, I’ve only had it happen twice in all my years of using Paypal) you’ll go to pay for something and it will be like “STOP YOU CAN’T DO THIS VERIFY PLEASE” but all you have to do is sign out then back in and it doesn’t do that…
          So yeah. Don’t worry about that.

Skylover
          Participant

Ah ok. Thank you! I’ll try ignoring it and see what happens. I’ll just make sure I can pay another way if Paypal won’t go through. If push comes to shove I may open another account with a small amount of money in it. Unfortunately, my bank charges a $8.00 maintainance fee if my balance goes under $300, so I’d have to use another bank.

Thank you for your help everyone!

frozendragon
            Participant

hmm I verified mine as soon as I opened it….and the only problem I had was I couldn’t use the ATM card I got from paypal to take out money because I’d taken out some already and paypal froze it…

I had to call them verify it was me and then verify all the stuff I bought….which was a pain in the butt…..either way….I’ve never had a problem with my paypal account….

🙁 when I reached my limit paypal really did freeze my account, so I cancelled it and opened another paypal account (with a different email & card) and figure I have another $9000 or whatever before I have to worry. (which normally wouldn’t be a problem but my husband bought a car on ebay -who does that?- so we hit that limit in a few years)

frozendragon
              Participant

boskydragon wrote:

my husband bought a car on ebay -who does that?-

I would….if I was stinky rich….cause all the cars I want on there are very expensive…..

keschete
                Participant

boskydragon wrote:

🙁 (which normally wouldn’t be a problem but my husband bought a car on ebay -who does that?- so we hit that limit in a few years)

You would be suprised…one day my husband was using my computer and he had put a “watch this item” on a car…..EEEKK….we have 6 vehicles for 2 people..

Now, he doesn’t use my laptop and I changed my paypal and ebay passwords…..

It’s okay if I buy dragons on Ebay…but he has plenty of cars and car parts and tools…and he needs to finish the projects he has!!!

About being verified…DO NOT GET A PAYPAL Credit card…they are messed up….I canceled the account after a month and still can’t get my bill straight…

I did get a small free checking account and put $1000 in it. Then when I pay for stuff I stop and go back and change the funding option to my regular credit card…..for each tranaction…..so the money just sits in the account. And if I sell something, I transfer the money into that account.

Skylover wrote:

Unfortunately, my bank charges a $8.00 maintainance fee if my balance goes under $300, so I’d have to use another bank.

Washington Mutual (WAMU) offers free checking accounts — you just need to keep $1 in the account.

I actually got one of those accounts to link to my Paypal account (I always just keep $1 in the account).

I think Keybank also doesn’t charge you depending on what type of account you have. But they will hit you with fees every month if you are in the negative and then eventually close your account.

Maria
                  Participant

I’ve dug up this old thread because now I have a problem with PayPal too. I’m trying to buy some of Nambroth’s jewelry. She sent my the invoice nearly two weeks ago, I had to wait for my credit card to clear… And no PayPal tells me they can’t verify the card to make a payment. I’ve been using this card for six months on PayPal now, and I can pay with it in person at any store or machine. There’s plenty of money on it, so why do they suddenly claim they can’t verify it? I’m going to call them; I just wondered if anyone else has had that sort of problem.

frozendragon wrote:

boskydragon wrote:

my husband bought a car on ebay -who does that?-

I would….if I was stinky rich….cause all the cars I want on there are very expensive…..
                    My old boss bought a Pantera on Ebay…$40,000…

Skylover
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’ve dug up this old thread because now I have a problem with PayPal too. I’m trying to buy some of Nambroth’s jewelry. She sent my the invoice nearly two weeks ago, I had to wait for my credit card to clear… And no PayPal tells me they can’t verify the card to make a payment. I’ve been using this card for six months on PayPal now, and I can pay with it in person at any store or machine. There’s plenty of money on it, so why do they suddenly claim they can’t verify it? I’m going to call them; I just wondered if anyone else has had that sort of problem.

I recently had a problem with them with their own (Paypal Plus) credit card. My account was telling me that I didn’t have enough credit on the card, and I don’t use anywhere near the credit limit on the card. It took three phone calls to someone in India to clear up the problem. Apparantly the problem was with the expiration date on the card – they didn’t update it, and my Paypal account wouldn’t use an expired card. All I can say is call them and try to be patient and explain everything thoroughly and slowly to them. Also, don’t let them tell you that it’ll be fixed in a couple days. It won’t happen. Make sure your account works before you let them off the hook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.